Login

russian armor

PSA: Window count of buildings no longer matter

3 Jul 2015, 01:49 AM

Permanently Banned
Structure windows now prioritize entities based on their weapon state. If an entity is reloading (or cooling down, or winding up), the window reliquishes the slot for that entity and a more suited entity teleports in.

Single-windowed houses will rotate in all entities of a squad, shooting all their weapons.

gj Relic Kappa
3 Jul 2015, 01:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2015, 01:49 AMRazh
Structure windows now prioritize entities based on their weapon state. If a troop is reloading (or cooling down, or winding up), the window reliquishes the slot for that entity and a more suited entity teleports in.

Single-windowed houses will rotate in all entities of a squad, shooting all their weapons.

gj Relic Kappa

InB4Super-RifleMachine-GunSnipesFromSingleWindowBuilding!
3 Jul 2015, 01:59 AM

Thanks relic! I was always asking when you gonna finally implement the Teleport technology that was present in WW2.

Let the abuse begin!!!
3 Jul 2015, 04:20 AM
Patrion 14

Thanks relic! I was always asking when you gonna finally implement the Teleport technology that was present in WW2.

Let the abuse begin!!!

Just pretend that the entire squad is standing right next to the building and trading weapons with the guy shooting. :)

I for one am happy with this change, will make some buildings actually useful.
3 Jul 2015, 04:55 AM

Yeah this is a pretty good thing tbh, makes a lot more buildings useful and soldiers trading the firing slot based on who's reloading makes sense.
3 Jul 2015, 06:06 AM

Won't this mess upp MG's in one window directions? When its reloading it will be forced to pack up an give way to one of the crews hand held?
3 Jul 2015, 06:09 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

You are still shooting with 1 man.
3 Jul 2015, 07:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2015, 01:49 AMRazh
Structure windows now prioritize entities based on their weapon state. If an entity is reloading (or cooling down, or winding up), the window reliquishes the slot for that entity and a more suited entity teleports in.

gj Relic Kappa

So is this why models appear to teleport around inside of buildings? If so it looks ridiculous.

Also I might be in the minority here but I liked the number of windows determining how much effective dps a squad could produce inside of it. It made building choice a tactical decision and rewarded maneuvering around to the side of an occupied building with the fewest windows when trying to kill the squad inside.
3 Jul 2015, 07:32 AM

So is this why models appear to teleport around inside of buildings? If so it looks ridiculous.

Also I might be in the minority here but I liked the number of windows determining how much effective dps a squad could produce inside of it. It made building choice a tactical decision and rewarded maneuvering around to the side of an occupied building with the fewest windows when trying to kill the squad inside.

Exactly, I'm amazed that people find this apparent bug a good change. Not even considering the fact that it makes clearing buildings much harder.
3 Jul 2015, 07:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2015, 06:06 AMCyk0
Won't this mess upp MG's in one window directions? When its reloading it will be forced to pack up an give way to one of the crews hand held?

Nope because mg is having bigest priority in building
3 Jul 2015, 13:13 PM

I fear that same mechanic was applied to units inside of light vehicle (like M3A1). Yesterday my Penals appeared and disappered randomly and I hardly got flamer actually firing.
4 Jul 2015, 05:37 AM

I actually don't like this change. I was watching a Rear Echelon squad in a fighting pit, it didn't look good. A man would fire one shot, then they would cycle, one shot, cycle, one shot, cycle. Not only did it look terrible with the fighting pit constantly have members vanish and reappear, but I worry it could interfere with the DPS. Looked like they spent more time cycling than shooting!
6 Jul 2015, 08:22 AM

Doublepost for bump. Watching a Propagandacast, found what I was talking about. Notice in the linked video, the Riflemen cycle 3 times before even shooting once.
6 Jul 2015, 09:33 AM
Donator 33

I had trouble with Penal flamers aswell, i decided to occupy a building next to a another building where a enemy MG was stationed in, and the flamer barely got any shots off since it kept teleporting when other penals wanted to get their revenge on the germans with their SVT rifles :P
6 Jul 2015, 09:40 AM
Patrion 14

yeah this teleporting shit is lame. flamers in m3 keep teleporting interrupting the scorching etc etc.
6 Jul 2015, 10:06 AM

Well, it looks like flamecar got doublenerfed this patch then. What a shame. I demand satisfaction!
6 Jul 2015, 10:17 AM

Yes this bug or feature or whatever is terrible. It looks terrible when there is a hole in the wall and you just see dudes popping in and out of existence.
6 Jul 2015, 10:21 AM

Yes this bug or feature or whatever is terrible. It looks terrible when there is a hole in the wall and you just see dudes popping in and out of existence.

I guess they tried to balance effectivness of building useage between small and large squads, because, for example, grens are doing fine in building with 3 windows, while cons don't get much of advantage despite green cover.
6 Jul 2015, 11:18 AM

Yeah this is a pretty good thing tbh, makes a lot more buildings useful and soldiers trading the firing slot based on who's reloading makes sense.

No, this isn't a good thing.
It limits further garrison counterplay as the weak side of the house is no longer weak.
6 Jul 2015, 12:12 PM

No, this isn't a good thing.
It limits further garrison counterplay as the weak side of the house is no longer weak.

Teleporting around in scout cars and transports causing nobody to fire is a bad thing, units in windows trading firing slots to reload is not.

And there are tons of buildings in the game that have never gotten a knock on the door due to poor window positioning, this will make them more useful. Also as explained here....

I guess they tried to balance effectivness of building useage between small and large squads, because, for example, grens are doing fine in building with 3 windows, while cons don't get much of advantage despite green cover.

No longer do Allied/OKW squads in buildings have reduced DPS!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★