Login

russian armor

Windows 10, anyone?

PAGES (7)down
2 Jun 2015, 22:45 PM

Did you google everything I said to check and see where you could shitpost me and make it look like something important? :foreveralone:
Fun fact: All the information provided wasn't googled. Most of it was written by me on the basis of prior knowledge. Only some of the technical stuff I found and provided were written in popular articles I enjoy reading about to keep me up-to-date on Win10 as well. Easier to relay extra info like that rather than post a confusing summary, as stated before :foreveralone:

lol, cool story bro, I'm sure that will suffice for the VonIvan fanboi's, no worries there are still coins to be gotten for other hardware items. Now, stream for coins so we can watch you dance. Dance puppet, dance. Just try not to be so obvious, or people might think you are a plagiarist.
2 Jun 2015, 22:51 PM

lol, cool story bro, I'm sure that will suffice for the VonIvan fanboi's, no worries there are still coins to be gotten for other hardware items. Now, stream for coins so we can watch you dance. Dance puppet, dance. Just try not to be so obvious, or people might think you are a plagiarist.

Point N Case. Can't figure out a coherent response, turns to more shitposting. :foreveralone:
2 Jun 2015, 22:58 PM

VonIvan, you used this:

It will only be tied to the device holding the old license. A key part of this process is that it will save a product key tied to the previously upgraded PC or device in Windows Store. This is how Windows 10 will later know that the install is allowed: It’s “one of the benefits of the new delivery system,” a Microsoft representative has told me.

As your own. It is not your own, it is Paul Thurrott's. This was used, in a stand alone reply, BY YOU in post #14. I provided a link to where it came from.
2 Jun 2015, 23:03 PM

VonIvan, you used this:

It will only be tied to the device holding the old license. A key part of this process is that it will save a product key tied to the previously upgraded PC or device in Windows Store. This is how Windows 10 will later know that the install is allowed: It’s “one of the benefits of the new delivery system,” a Microsoft representative has told me.

As your own. It is not your own, it is Paul Thurrott's. This was used, in a stand alone reply, BY YOU.

"a Microsoft representative has told me"
It's not Paul Thurrotts, it's Microsofts response which was relayed by Paul which was relayed by me. Again, as general info. :facepalm:
2 Jun 2015, 23:05 PM

"a Microsoft representative has told me"
It's not Paul Thurrotts, it's Microsofts response which was relayed by Paul which was relayed by me. Again, as general info. :facepalm:

No, that's where you are wrong. Here is his article, where you lifted it:

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/3898/a-few-more-answers-about-windows-10-upgrades

The whole piece, in context from my link:

But what if you want to do a “real” clean install?

Microsoft tells me that it will be possible to do so. And that a key part of this process is that it will save a product key tied to the previously upgraded PC or device in Windows Store. This is how Windows 10 will later know that the install is allowed: It’s “one of the benefits of the new delivery system,” a Microsoft representative told me.

This suggests that Windows 10 install media will be made available to upgraders, much as Microsoft today makes Windows 8.1 install media available for download. But I haven’t yet confirmed that this is the case, but I will do so.
2 Jun 2015, 23:08 PM

No, that's where you are wrong. Here is his article, where you lifted it:

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/3898/a-few-more-answers-about-windows-10-upgrades

Again, that's where you are wrong, as his article specifically states:
Like many of you, I have questions about how the Windows 10 upgrade will work, especially for people who want to perform a clean install of the operating system. And while I don’t have all of the answers yet, I do have some information that you will find useful.

He is relaying information told to him by Microsoft as general info. Maybe you should actually read the article more carefully next time. :facepalm:

To further emphasize my point: :foreveralone:

Microsoft tells me that it will be possible to do so.
2 Jun 2015, 23:10 PM

Again, that's where you are wrong, as his article specifically states:
He is relaying information told to him by Microsoft as general info. Maybe you should actually read the article more carefully next time. :facepalm:

You got caught, and now you sound stupid. You never mentioned Paul, ever, until I showed everyone where you ripped it off. "general info" lol, obviously Michigan has a crap standard for sourcing, if you ever went, which would surprise me.
2 Jun 2015, 23:12 PM

You got caught, and now you sound stupid.

Again, more shit talk, less intelligent talk. I could do this all day my friend. :foreveralone:

To further emphasize my point: :foreveralone:

Microsoft tells me that it will be possible to do so.

2 Jun 2015, 23:14 PM

Again, more shit talk, less intelligent talk. I could do this all day my friend. :foreveralone:

I've actually identified your problem, you're just not that intelligent. Sure, the next time you Google for answers, either tell people who you are quoting (you didn't) or hide it better. The umbrella of "general information" is suspicious, at best.
2 Jun 2015, 23:15 PM
Patrion 14

Should I embrace birdie as my new Microsoft guru or should I keep the trust in VonIvan?

Sorry to combobreak you two doves though...
2 Jun 2015, 23:16 PM

This suggests that Windows 10 install media will be made available to upgraders, much as Microsoft today makes Windows 8.1 install media available for download. But I haven’t yet confirmed that this is the case, but I will do so.

Lmao I didn't relay any information about that because it has not yet been confirmed, however I did relay the info before that that was confirmed.
Microsoft tells me that it will be possible to do so. And that a key part of this process is that it will save a product key tied to the previously upgraded PC or device in Windows Store. This is how Windows 10 will later know that the install is allowed: It’s “one of the benefits of the new delivery system,” a Microsoft representative told me.

:facepalm:
2 Jun 2015, 23:20 PM

I've actually identified your problem, you're just not that intelligent. Sure, the next time you Google for answers, either tell people who you are quoting (you didn't) or hide it better. The umbrella of "general information" is suspicious, at best.

I've actually identified your problem Birdie, shitposting seems like an accepted Hobby for you, and I like that, it makes for more enjoyable conversation shooting you down one unintelligent shitpost at a time. And for the last time I didn't google anything, but I know you did so you could find a way to shitpost in the most BS way possible. :foreveralone:
Here Birdie, have another cookie for effort:
3 Jun 2015, 03:34 AM
Donator 33

For what it's worth it's highly unlikely VonIvan's original post was meant to be deceptive. It reads like a generic SEO lander page which is why I instinctively skipped over it the first time.

Birdie is right though - just reference/link substantial 3rd-party info. The internet is already filled with enough re-hashed content (which everyone is capable of accessing), so let's keep discussion boards uncluttered for their main purpose which is flaming each other over differences of opinion.
3 Jun 2015, 04:18 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

good tips in this thread, thx all.

dat suspicious tray icon tho!
3 Jun 2015, 05:58 AM

@VonIvan

How can you not see it? All posts made on internet forums requires MUST have an appendix clearly lining out your sources in either Harvard or Oxford style refrencing. (Oxford preferd)

3 Jun 2015, 06:18 AM

WRONG.
As an IT guy related to Microsoft if anyone has any legit questions about the Win10 upgrade process inbox me or reply to this post.
First and foremost, once you upgrade to Win10 in the 1 year time span(July 29 2k15-July 29 2k16) it will forever be yours.
Will Windows 10 expire?
I read somewhere that the free upgrade to Windows 10 will expire after one year and that the user will then have to pay for the upgrade. Is this so? Alasdair

No, that’s completely wrong. Once you have installed Windows 10 and made a note of your product key, it’s yours forever. Well, you can use it until Microsoft stops supporting it, which is usually 10 years.
Here's a legit source if anyone doubts me(lel): http://www.theguardian.com/technology/askjack/2015/may/28/five-questions-about-free-upgrade-microsoft-windows-10

Alright now onto to Win10 itself. Some people ask themselves: Is Windows 10 an awesome OS like XP? What are the perks and cons of Win10? Why am I so confused? Glad you asked. Let me un-confuse you all. :foreveralone:

Perks:
  • It has a start menu.
  • Boot up and startup times are reduced(on decent PCs ofc)
  • Increased Performance ratio overall for all desktop applications
  • The ability to have a more advanced virtual desktop than before(i.e. easier to access and use)
  • The freedom to choose what preferences you want(i.e. no more forced tablet non-sense like in Win8, apps can be disabled with more ease)
  • You pay no money for a $120 OS.
  • If you decide you don’t like Windows 10 for some reason, you will be able to revert to your earlier operating system.
  • Bill Gates will always love your family for purchasing Microsoft products
  • You will most likely be given an online CD key in case you need to re-image your PC with win10. :foreveralone:
    Cons:
  • At the moment sadly, from what my OS department tells me Win10 Home Users will have forced updates which are downloaded and installed autmoatically(prepare yourselves for that update wait time :foreveralone: ) that are basically impossible to disable without removing advanced functions within windows. Win10 Pr0 and Ultimate being used allows you to disable updates though.
  • Before where you could just use a local account to log into Windows, you now need a User Profile account which had to be connected to Microsoft when created to login now. :foreveralone:
  • If you have Windows Vista, Windows XP, or anything older, you’ll have to buy Windows 10 and install it from scratch.
  • Watching DVDs requires separate playback software (Microsoft has said before that a future update will add this functionality back “later this year”).
  • If you have Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8 Pro with Media Center, or Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center and you install Windows 10, Windows Media Center will be removed.
  • Windows 7 desktop gadgets will be removed as part of installing Windows 10.
  • Solitaire, Minesweeper, and Hearts Games that come preinstalled on Windows 7 will be removed as part of installing the Windows 10 upgrade. That said, new versions Microsoft Solitaire Collection and Microsoft Minesweeper will be installed.
  • If you have a USB floppy drive, you will need to download the latest driver from Windows Update or from the manufacturer’s website.
  • If you have Windows Live Essentials installed on your system, the OneDrive application is removed and replaced with the inbox version of OneDrive.
  • Win10 doesn't bake you cookies for free. :foreveralone:
    Here's a nice summary video:

Would I recommend it personally?

Is that Noun? Kappa
3 Jun 2015, 06:33 AM

@VonIvan

How can you not see it? All posts made on internet forums requires MUST have an appendix clearly lining out your sources in either Harvard or Oxford style refrencing. (Oxford preferd)

How could I forget this, I apologize for being so unorthodox. Remember folks, when using the Internet, be safe and re-format, summarize, and cite every single thing you do, even if what you type is your own words, because citing your own words about your own words is always the right thing to do. Don't forget to cite from only the best as well, because their opinion is law. Reference:
http://www.coh2.org/topic/35126/windows-10-anyone/post/335957
Date: 06/02/2k15
Time:0800 hrs
Publishing date: 06/02/2k15
Source:CoH2.org
Author:VonIvan
Publisher:CoH2.org's Oxfordian Publishing Co.
How many pages: 1

:foreveralone:
3 Jun 2015, 07:07 AM

So should we install 10 or not? its going to be free for a month or so?
5 Jun 2015, 13:37 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jun 2015, 07:07 AMEsxile
So should we install 10 or not? its going to be free for a month or so?

i thinkits free for a year for already existing users
5 Jun 2015, 18:49 PM
Patrion 310

You will have a year to "claim" your free upgrade from Win 7 SP1 and Win 8.1. After that year is up, if you did not upgrade you would need to buy Windows 10.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS