Login

russian armor

Vote if you want or no Stronger arty

28 Feb 2015, 23:07 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2015, 20:26 PMKatitof

I've got advise for you:
Veto this abomination of a map that never suited coh2 gameplay and army dynamics and continue to criticize it whenever you see relic employee until they will regain sanity and remove it from the automatch rotation.

It was awesome map in coh1(which I still didn't liked, the map ofc) and is absolutely horrible map in coh2, rivaling even both pripyat variants.

That being said, lessering arty scatter or increasing number of shells could be helpful, its not like arty doctrines outside of B-4 which is only reliable one are popular anyway.

which map is that?
28 Feb 2015, 23:09 PM

which map is that?

Semoisky summer.
28 Feb 2015, 23:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2015, 23:09 PMKatitof

Semoisky summer.

That in the picture is Achelous River.
28 Feb 2015, 23:26 PM

Artillery is no skill. No thanks. Please see coh1 if you enjoy getting all your units blown to shit every game.

No its only a equalizer for noobish infantry play.
28 Feb 2015, 23:33 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2015, 23:09 PMKatitof

Semoisky summer.

Have a look at it again.
1 Mar 2015, 00:00 AM

Oh, right.
Looks equally bad as semoisky thou.

After todays posting I believe I need either more sleep or more coffee... perception is failing me big time today.
1 Mar 2015, 05:55 AM

Permanently Banned

No its only a equalizer for noobish infantry play.

Artillery = effortless 1 shotting of entire squads and base bombing . NEITHER of which is any fun at all. The only people who would be interested in artillery are comp stompers or people who want to just turtle up and shoot sheels across the map at the enemy. No go play another game if this is what you do.
1 Mar 2015, 06:09 AM
Patrion 14

artillery definitely has a place in the game. i mean they are like 15 popcap per pop ffs and 600mp. you pay dearly for that.

think only lefh needs a help.
1 Mar 2015, 09:40 AM

No one mentioned the infantry support gun for oberkommando west oh right its so terrible its forgettable
1 Mar 2015, 09:50 AM

Dunno if arty it's fine or not, all I want is that arty becomes sufficiently attractive for players in order to be requisitioned more often. Because now, it isn't.
1 Mar 2015, 12:32 PM
Donator 11

I don't miss vcoh's game deciding artillery damage but i like the idea of supression effect.
1 Mar 2015, 12:34 PM

Oh, the good Achelous river, Lyon and Scheldt feels :foreveralone:
1 Mar 2015, 13:31 PM
Donator 33

artillery definitely has a place in the game. i mean they are like 15 popcap per pop ffs and 600mp. you pay dearly for that.

think only lefh needs a help.
. Well yeah Lefh 18 deal only 160damage per hit, so its kinda like using a AT gun and shooting to the sky
1 Mar 2015, 15:23 PM

Am I the only one who finds LeFH to be better than ML-20? Not that I had much of a reason to use ML-20 when I have B-4, but I hate 120mm mortar and Katyusha when I am facing them, and counterbattery slays them well.

Anyone else? :foreveralone:

And the poll is a bit too simple. Stuka needs a nerf for example, while something like the US Mortar Halftrack needs a buff.

I like how static artillery are implemented in this game. They are relatively cheap as they cost no fuel, but are not as destructive. They don't wipe reliably (B4 Precision Shot is another story, btw can anyone say if the ML-20 Precision Shot is any good? If yes I might try it for its superior barrage compared to B4 luck howitzer that can only vet up reliably if you build it up close which defeats the purpose of precision shot in the first place) against anything but colossal blobs, but they deny area, capture points, and deal solid damage and easily make up for the MP cost over time.

They aren't a must have, they aren't overly centralizing. Static artillery are an excellent example of how a doctrinal unit should be; they supplement you but they don't replace anything. If you want to really hurt a mob, you still go for a Katyusha/Panzerwerfer (if you're about to say that Panzerwerfer sucks, hold that thought, it works well for me and I don't want to discuss that) with their better scatter, mobility, and better response time.

1 Mar 2015, 16:37 PM

Artillery = effortless 1 shotting of entire squads and base bombing . NEITHER of which is any fun at all. The only people who would be interested in artillery are comp stompers or people who want to just turtle up and shoot sheels across the map at the enemy. No go play another game if this is what you do.

Well its part of this game and its a part of CoH1 which was an even better game, so if you don't like it find a new franchise. Also if it is one shotting squads (plural) stop blobbing so damn much.
1 Mar 2015, 19:18 PM

Am I the only one who finds LeFH to be better than ML-20? Not that I had much of a reason to use ML-20 when I have B-4, but I hate 120mm mortar and Katyusha when I am facing them, and counterbattery slays them well.

Anyone else? :foreveralone:

And the poll is a bit too simple. Stuka needs a nerf for example, while something like the US Mortar Halftrack needs a buff.

I like how static artillery are implemented in this game. They are relatively cheap as they cost no fuel, but are not as destructive. They don't wipe reliably (B4 Precision Shot is another story, btw can anyone say if the ML-20 Precision Shot is any good? If yes I might try it for its superior barrage compared to B4 luck howitzer that can only vet up reliably if you build it up close which defeats the purpose of precision shot in the first place) against anything but colossal blobs, but they deny area, capture points, and deal solid damage and easily make up for the MP cost over time.

They aren't a must have, they aren't overly centralizing. Static artillery are an excellent example of how a doctrinal unit should be; they supplement you but they don't replace anything. If you want to really hurt a mob, you still go for a Katyusha/Panzerwerfer (if you're about to say that Panzerwerfer sucks, hold that thought, it works well for me and I don't want to discuss that) with their better scatter, mobility, and better response time.

the Stuka does not need a nerf, it's already been nerfed and it's OKW's only indirect fire unit (which is stupid). The B4 is not a random luck unit at all if you are using it correctly. And the 152 Howitzer is still far, far better than the LeFH if in just sure destructive power, and it only fires 2 less shells.

Precision shot on the 152 might not be as good as the one on the B4, but it still will wipe a army if you hit a HQ.
1 Mar 2015, 19:21 PM

the Stuka does not need a nerf, it's already been nerfed and it's OKW's only indirect fire unit (which is stupid). The B4 is not a random luck unit at all if you are using it correctly. And the 152 Howitzer is still far, far better than the LeFH if in just sure destructive power, and it only fires 2 less shells.

Precision shot on the 152 might not be as good as the one on the B4, but it still will wipe a army if you hit a HQ.

What's the correct usage besides moving it dangerously close or hoping to strike an OKW skillblob? At least skillblobs aren't so rare.
1 Mar 2015, 19:23 PM

What's the correct usage besides moving it dangerously close or hoping to strike an OKW skillblob? At least skillblobs aren't so rare.

I always have it directly behind my front line, as close to the front as I can get it. The whole "And sometimes they rolled it into close range and fired directly into enemy fortifications" should be a hint on how to use it.
1 Mar 2015, 21:16 PM

Permanently Banned

Well its part of this game and its a part of CoH1 which was an even better game, so if you don't like it find a new franchise. Also if it is one shotting squads (plural) stop blobbing so damn much.

lol apparently if a squad gets 1 shotted your blobbing. Therefore stukas are fine, b4 vet 3 is fine, every off map is fine. Because if you have problems with any sort of indirect fire pls L2P cuz you're blobbing. HUUUUURRRRRR. Sorry that I'm contesting your point that players should be able to turtle up around points and let point and click emplacements sitting in your base do all the work. God knows we need that instead of ooohhh idk combined armed forces involving micro to attack or defend. Nope lets just rush middle vp and sit there wip machine guns and AT guns while you blow the absolute shit out of bases and tanks with the click of a button because its much easier.

The best thing about artillery is not only can you effortlessly 1 shot squads from across the map with no notice, but even with the continual damage it forces your opponent to make risky all or nothing attacks to destroyyour artillery or main force, putting you in the position to just destroy them because their risk is your advantage. Even if they don't make ballsy all or nothing attacks, you still win due to the continual damage and bleed, and for little micro or skill. Artillery is scrubs wet dream.

Artillery is cancer. Howitzers are great because they never get built. The only things balanced are rocket artillery. With Stuka being slightly OP, katyushas being squad wiping maniacs and panzerwerfers being shit. If they could blanket nerf all these units the game would be even better.
1 Mar 2015, 21:19 PM

I always have it directly behind my front line, as close to the front as I can get it. The whole "And sometimes they rolled it into close range and fired directly into enemy fortifications" should be a hint on how to use it.

That's how I do it as well. But that is not clever or proper usage. It's a choice. You take a risk and you can be rewarded or punished.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★