Login

russian armor

COH2's IDEAL future in YOUR opinon

27 Feb 2015, 09:26 AM

Here are some lists of what I believe the priorities should be.

High Priority
  • Faction balance
  • Map balance
  • Performance improvements

Medium Priority
  • In game ladder support
  • Commander system redesign and streamline

Low Priority
  • GUI overhaul
  • Improve upon obs mode

Wish List
  • Game depot displaying all units and their stats for new players
  • Registered teams and players for seasoned leagues / cups with unique rewards
  • Warspoils system that allows the user to unlock items as they wish
  • Remove blizzards

Here is a list of things I don't think should happen.
  • New factions
  • New units to existing factions

27 Feb 2015, 09:35 AM

I only wish for some kind of communication between Relic and the comminity.
A small step for them but a giant leap for the CoH playerbase.

Indeed! This is the only thing I wish for!
27 Feb 2015, 10:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2015, 09:26 AMwuff
Here are some lists of what I believe the priorities should be.

High Priority
  • Faction balance
  • Map balance
  • Performance improvements

Medium Priority
  • In game ladder support
  • Commander system redesign and streamline

Low Priority
  • GUI overhaul
  • Improve upon obs mode

Wish List
  • Game depot displaying all units and their stats for new players
  • Registered teams and players for seasoned leagues / cups with unique rewards
  • Warspoils system that allows the user to unlock items as they wish
  • Remove blizzards

Here is a list of things I don't think should happen.
  • New factions
  • New units to existing factions

Pretty much this we desire! :)
27 Feb 2015, 10:44 AM

i don't see why you guys don't want the game to go F2P. it'l be a massive leap in player numbers! people who saw bad reviews of the games because of the russians spamming the metacritic who are on the fence might give the game a go
27 Feb 2015, 11:32 AM

whats up with the blizzard hate?

I really feel that blizzard has been neglated a lot in WFA. It should be profound in winter maps. We are playing COH2 not COH1, aint we
27 Feb 2015, 11:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2015, 11:32 AMy3ivan

I really feel that blizzard has been neglated a lot in WFA. It should be profound in winter maps. We are playing COH2 not COH1, aint we

My PC regularly keeps starting to burn when a Blizzard comes up. Because of this reason I always have a fully loaded fire extinguisher in my room.

In addition it's just bad mechanics. Interesting idea but bad implemented. If a Blizzard occurs, the gameplay simply stucks for 3-5 minutes.
27 Feb 2015, 11:46 AM
Donator 11

My PC regularly keeps starting to burn when a Blizzard comes up. Because of this reason I always have a fully loaded fire extinguisher in my room.

In addition it's just bad mechanics. Interesting idea but bad implemented. If a Blizzard occurs, the gameplay simply stucks for 3-5 minutes.

If your PC starts to "burn" because of some load, then you should fix your cooling ASAP.

I like the mechanic, it's kinda refreshing to play once in a while, at least in 2v2+, and i usually prepare for one and use the opportunity for attacks.
Matter of taste i guess.

Anyways: I would agree with wuffs list mostly, but would add "improve MM" as a high priority.
27 Feb 2015, 11:50 AM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2015, 11:32 AMy3ivan

I love the idea of blizzards, but should they slow down and kill units and slow down the game as much as they do? Not really. They should be flavour, and not the step change they are now.
27 Feb 2015, 12:15 PM

I like blizzards cause if you know what you're doing you can travel through them and surprise the enemy and turn your settings down if blizzards mess with your computer unless you already did then get a better computer well we all would want to get a better computer XD
Anyways I would like custom skins and models cause I liked using skin packs in coh 1 and would appreciate to replace a few models here and there in coh 2 such as the grenadier model
27 Feb 2015, 12:29 PM

For me it would be 'just' 2 things:
  • Solution for call-in meta
    - might require some redesign of factions (looking at you SU)
    + would hopefully result in a more complex and diverse game actually involving strategy/macro decisions
  • .. based upon that: More than one Balance patch
    + including map overhauls

Regarding F2P:
This isn't necessarily a bad idea.
However given the past implementation of DLC commanders (they were blatantly P2W at release) and CoHO's design it's quite understandable why a lot of player would be apprehensive.

It's an uphill battle for relic - please relic, win us over.
I am ready and willing to be hyped. Silence isn't helping :(
27 Feb 2015, 12:38 PM

Remove OKW and OH, that way we allies can get 100% win rate. :D :D :D

Seriously, just some communication would be nice. I want to get excited for CoH2! I really do! I just don't have anything to be excited about.

A new Soviet faction would be nice, Morskaya Pekhoty would make a good one (or, shameless self promotion :D ) my shiny new (er... old...) Soviet Worker's Militia faction.
27 Feb 2015, 12:38 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2015, 12:15 PMmedhood
I like blizzards cause if you know what you're doing you can travel through them and surprise the enemy

Really? More often than not that will end up in catastrophe. Your units get cold debuff if moving in blizzards not to mention freezing to death very fast. It seems good on paper "ambushing enemy during blizzard" but in reality your guys will freeze and you will likely just walk into mines/machineguns/at guns because you can't see for shit either.
27 Feb 2015, 12:41 PM

blizzards are just oppertunities for german players to turtle up even more, it's not in the nature of the game to reward turtling like that
27 Feb 2015, 12:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2015, 12:38 PMspajn

Really? More often than not that will end up in catastrophe. Your units get cold debuff if moving in blizzards not to mention freezing to death very fast. It seems good on paper "ambushing enemy during blizzard" but in reality your guys will freeze and you will likely just walk into mines/machineguns/at guns because you can't see for shit either.

From a non-okw perspective (no volk cold immunity) you can travel by going through cover, buildings and fire you need to place fire a areas YOU use alot but not too close to the front, having transport helps but if you don't travel through cover (it will stop the freezing) buildings and campfire (to warm up your men) you need to attack from areas they wont expect you to not get suppressed and the use the short sight to your advantage if you come under fire be prepared to throw grenade at the team weapon of have a squad flank it also if you have artillery shoot it where you suspect he is keeping his troops at, most the time I notice that players set up their troops for a frontal assault so you have to go attack from the side or the back but I get matched up to noobs cause Im a noob but you should just try it out and take advantage of it
27 Feb 2015, 13:00 PM

I surprise myself saying this, but I would, in fact, be even willing to pay monthly subscription fee to play coh, if the game was better designed, balanced, optimized and more polished product and was well maintained with frequent updates when necessary. Company of heroes can be a very fun game when it chooses to be.

All the factions should be interesting to play and to accomplish this they would all need to be redesigned from the beginning. All the redundant commanders should be removed and every faction should only have 3-5 different unique doctrines available to everyone. Bulletins, if preserved, should be a meaningful way to customize your army. As an example, instead of jagdtiger dispatch cooldown reduction and the likes, we could have conscript ppsh upgrade or stug armored skirts as a bulletin.

Now I´m not so much into the competitive scene so one thing I´d especially like to keep in coh is those random number events. It can be toned down in some extreme cases like planes crashing down all the time, but overall RNG is what separates coh from rest of the games. I can´t just bear the thought of this game becoming too starcraft-like.
27 Feb 2015, 13:14 PM

T-34/85 in T3 instead of T-34/76.

Remove OKW income from caches and make the salvage ability scale with vehicles so salvage is a semi reliable source of income. Salvaging a KT for 5 fuel is stupid. And reduce what they gain from Luftwaffe Supply crates.
27 Feb 2015, 13:48 PM

-Remove blizzards
-improve maps (all game modes, especially big maps are a joke)
-redesign okw
-tools for punishing blobbing (mg supression)
-remove skill planes. It takes no skill to use planes that automatically target an area
-give all factions both close range and long range options that are NOT in a commander (infantry wise)
-remove the copy paste commanders
-less rng (squad wipes, vehicle crits)
-connect heavy tank call ins to teching
-reduce thr number of heaviy call in to one tank on the field. It should not be possible to have 2 tigers on the field for one player
-remove the casual shit that every territory point gives both fuel and muni
-connect pop cap to the number of captured territory

every single mistake a player does should be punished. A general strategy that works all the time against everything shouldnt exist. Teching to the wrong building should result in a loss because the couter is not available. Spamming a unit should be punished. Thinks that are always a good idea should be removed. It is just so casual. Allrounder units like panzergrens with shreks shouldnt exist.
And a lot more

Most of this is not going to happen because the game is not designed with an competitive edge.

27 Feb 2015, 13:56 PM

Hello !

Balanced old factions;
New playtested factions;
A way to insure that Relic make enough money to keep the game running for a long time;
Tournament tools through steam integration;
A well thought voice chat system;
Bug free as possible;
Performance optimizations;
Better communications with the community;
Better CPU AI;
Pre-game launch way to chat with the team;
More balanced maps, tuned for the size of the match;
Options to enable/disable mods and community maps in automatch.

That my dream !
27 Feb 2015, 14:38 PM

honestly ?

ok....

i want coh2 to fail HARD. i want a new RTS to come out that is full of awesome/balance/as few bugs as possible. i want coh2 to be a ghost town in 6 months...

then...just maybe...relic will learn to code a game within their ability to find and squash bugs quickly.

the ONLY reason i still play coh2, is there is no RTS out that is any good (i hated sc2).

at this point, i don't really think there is any hope for coh2, unless they go back to the drawing board and rethink almost everything.

in my opinion (2 cents)
ardennes assault - fail
tow missions - fail
commanders and their utter failure to be remotely balanced on release (then quickly nerfed AFTER people have purchased them) - fail
war spoils - fail
bugs squashing - fail
community relations - epic fail

really...i only know of 2 wins for relic
obs
dedicated servers

to be honest, i am amazed there are still as many people playing coh2 as there are.

27 Feb 2015, 16:34 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2015, 12:51 PMmedhood

From a non-okw perspective (no volk cold immunity) you can travel by going through cover, buildings and fire you need to place fire a areas YOU use alot but not too close to the front, having transport helps but if you don't travel through cover (it will stop the freezing) buildings and campfire (to warm up your men) you need to attack from areas they wont expect you to not get suppressed and the use the short sight to your advantage if you come under fire be prepared to throw grenade at the team weapon of have a squad flank it also if you have artillery shoot it where you suspect he is keeping his troops at, most the time I notice that players set up their troops for a frontal assault so you have to go attack from the side or the back but I get matched up to noobs cause Im a noob but you should just try it out and take advantage of it

Cover hugging advances means one good grenade and gg and even with cover hugging your men will most probably get the cold debuff and once you got the debuff it wont go away with just sticking to cover, you need warmth either from fire or buildings. Also units in blizzards are visable when they open fire so that means when you spot one of his units and all yours open fire then you are at a disadvantage because he can see all or most of your units while you can only see the one you are firing at.

Yes sometimes it can work out but it is just a risky advance and thats why most players just switch to pure defense durings blizzards unless they don't got a choice.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 81
South Africa 1
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak