Login

russian armor

COH2's IDEAL future in YOUR opinon

26 Feb 2015, 20:55 PM

as we may of read recently, the game is getting some sort of supply system you can read more about that HERE (big thanks mirage357 for providing the information!)

in this thread we will post your opinons of what you (ideally) would want coh2's future to be!
feel free to comment on other people's visions and please list your own!

i've taken some time to write down my IDEAL future COH2. click the spoiler if you want more information! feel free to call me names and say i need to l2p!

tl;dr: the MAJOR CHANGES
  • Game goes Free to Play. customers who bought the game should get in game currency based off the prices of the game and DLC at the launch of the in-game currency system
  • Major balance update. a 'test client' should be enabled to test balance changes a week or two before they're deployed on the main client! this is for eveyone who wants to download it! and the balance devs shoud LISTEN TO THE FEEDBACK they get!
  • Cosmetic System Overhaul
  • report player feature
  • Competitive system support
  • Bulletin system removed (on the basis that it's a p2w feature that goes against everything COH is)
  • FREE new factions (to keep people interested with new content)

26 Feb 2015, 20:59 PM

No free to play.

Giant, chunky balance patches.

System to deal with duplicates.

Maybe a 3rd set of factions. Just maybe.
26 Feb 2015, 21:31 PM
Donator 11

A proper ladder with either league placements or with ranks like vcoh. That and fix to callin meta and im happy.
26 Feb 2015, 21:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2015, 21:31 PMspajn
A proper ladder with either league placements or with ranks like vcoh. That and fix to callin meta and im happy.

You mean like moving T-34/85 to the stock unit lineup? You know I've been going around in a lot of threads where people were talking about the call in meta and none were slightly interested in joining the discussion of my idea to do just that. It fixes call in meta, it fixes balance, and it is a fair matchup with Panzer IV while making T3 useful. What's not to like?
26 Feb 2015, 21:36 PM

Balance, Performance and Bug Fixes, Ladder, Gameplay Improvements (aka death to call-in meta and some rng like main gun destroyed), New Commanders to start fixing balance again (or relic could actually balance them before release) :D

Dream CoH
26 Feb 2015, 21:44 PM

I only wish for some kind of communication between Relic and the comminity.
A small step for them but a giant leap for the CoH playerbase.
26 Feb 2015, 21:49 PM

As long as they honor their promises of a 5-year plan for CoH2, there is at least hope.
27 Feb 2015, 04:38 AM

Permanently Banned
BALANCE
27 Feb 2015, 04:48 AM
Patrion 14

- communication
- big good fat balance patch
- quality of life shit - tac map, UI (if you try workshop maps alot, the UI is pretty frustrating)
- good implementaiton of supply, war spoil, war effort etc etc
- esl news? i mean, c'mon
27 Feb 2015, 05:03 AM

Free factions?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA:lolol:
27 Feb 2015, 05:18 AM

No Free to Play(bad business model is bad).

Balance.

Bug Fixes.

At least add the British Faction(having 3 allies factions to 2 axis, would be a way to entice more players to play allies side).

Communication(doesn't have to be a big list or anything, but at least give players something to speculate on, but add things you aren't going to change to keep disappointment-hype to a minimum).
27 Feb 2015, 05:33 AM

A redesign of every faction, or at least the vanilla ones.
27 Feb 2015, 05:33 AM

In no particular order:

Soviet callins/teching rework.

OKW total rework.

Overall balance.

Performance fixes.

Bug fixes.

New faction(s).
27 Feb 2015, 06:04 AM

Remake COH1 or do nothing. COH2 strategic depth is too shallow and too nubs friendly, it's beyond salvation.
27 Feb 2015, 06:41 AM

- No free to play (all internet scums will come and ruin the game. Buying the game and buying a cheating program is expensive. Buying just cheating program is cheap);
- Further performance improvement;
- More bug fixes;
- War spoils duplicates no more. Existing ones to be fixed somehow;
- More balance. Any balance changes to be tested by selected unbiased players in Beta, before release;
- If new comanders, they will be tested enough in order not to be OP;
- No new factions - 4 factions is more than enough;
- Do something about squad groupping, squad wipes are still taking place in most silly situations, even without squads being clumped in green cover;
- A german campaign B-)
27 Feb 2015, 08:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2015, 21:31 PMspajn

I agree, visible Elo ranking and proper ladders would be nice.
27 Feb 2015, 08:23 AM

I wonder if some of you even wonder how Relic makes money.
Seriously you can't live with a single game release for about 5 years and give all the content to your players for free.
27 Feb 2015, 08:52 AM

Heres my plan to make Relic more money and at the same time make the casual COH2 players happy. While the hardcore competitive players could care less about this stuff, more money helps Relic spend more time on Balance etc.

DLC - The more the better, just make the price reasonable
Ostheer Campaign DLC - $15
OKW campaign DLC - $15
British campaign DLC - $15

New Theater of War DLC - One per month $8 each (or buy a year subscription and get them for $5 each)

Custom Skin packs: OKW:"Luftwaffe infantry", OstHeer: "Scruffy Stalingrad" etc. - $4

Official Custom Decals: $.50

Clan Decals: $.25

Some other stuff.
27 Feb 2015, 09:12 AM

I wonder if some of you even wonder how Relic makes money.
Seriously you can't live with a single game release for about 5 years and give all the content to your players for free.

you dont have to sacrifice the integrity of gameplay to monetize a game. The game is already on shakey grounds with purchasable commanders. sc2 and dota2 have shown that there is no reason to sacrifice the integrity of the gameplay to remain profitable.

id rather see (and i would most certainly purchase) another expansion like the western fronts expansion way before i buy supply so i have the option to call in shock troops for a limited number of games before i have to buy them again.
27 Feb 2015, 09:25 AM

you dont have to sacrifice the integrity of gameplay to monetize a game. The game is already on shakey grounds with purchasable commanders. sc2 and dota2 have shown that there is no reason to sacrifice the integrity of the gameplay to remain profitable.

id rather see (and i would most certainly purchase) another expansion like the western fronts expansion way before i buy supply so i have the option to call in shock troops for a limited number of games before i have to buy them again.

You are correct I was rather reffering to the statement by OP that new content should be free which is impossible to do.

I don't get why Relic does not continue the Theatre of War? It was a really good idea to make money with interesting scenarios and best of all, it didn't affect Mulitplayer in any way.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★