Login

russian armor

It just isn't fun anymore

PAGES (7)down
15 Feb 2015, 01:35 AM

Permanently Banned
Thought I would give it one more go, regret it after just two games. Enormous swarms or riflemen, veteran riflemen in between them from the start of the game (bullshit commander, paying to have a huge advantage).

So after that disaster of a 1v1, I jumped in a 4v4, same thing happened. A swarm of riflemen from 3 usf players on Rostov. We had the north side, basically GG from the start but oh well. All the riflemen with veteran status from the start swarmed across the map, captured pretty much everything, they had the north island. Managed to get the south vp bunkered down (you pretty much can't do anything else as Ostheer) and teched up to my first p4. The 4th player, a Soviet player, wasn't seen untill the 12 minute mark or so, 3 t34 76s XD. GG

This game hahahah, there is no meta, there is no strategy, there is no Esports material, there is only spam, lame ass hordes of units and detestable factions that are based around swarms of never ending boredom.

I won't take is seriously any more, if you can't take a joke, don't play Company of Jokes 2
15 Feb 2015, 01:39 AM

Permanently Banned
This is why game is frustrating : lame arse strats.

I just played a game (Sov vs OSt kharkov) where my opponet builds t2, 2 maxims, morter, shock, then camps in the buildings.

So what ensues ? Mortor wars, at gun walls, shocks amoving around blind corners. Kv8 A-moving around map untill its noob operator looses it. Then IS2 arrives and a slugfest begins and rng / squadwipes decide the game.

No thanks, i just quit at 5 min mark, even with a considerable lead. Seen it all before and its boring as f***.

The designers often highlight Isometric design as a game feature yet these kinds of openings are all to frequent. What is isometric about mg/ morter battles.

Coh1 design : Us - flanking faction, Wher - mg/camping faction, Panzer elite - light vehicle/blobbing faction, Brits - camping/ blobbing. Not saying coh1 was perfect but the coh2 factions in many respects play identical and sadly some people want mg/moters for each faction.

Note, i am not saying T2 opening is OP just braindead to execute and boring to face.

I feel ya, I feel ya xd

Don't even give it your frustration and above all don't give any dev at relic any of your hard earned money. They are charging for skins, commanders (commanders that yield such early advantages, p2w?). This game has no love in it, just a rotten drive for money. Some game companies have pride in their doings, Relic does not
15 Feb 2015, 02:36 AM

I feel ya, I feel ya xd

Don't even give it your frustration and above all don't give any dev at relic any of your hard earned money. They are charging for skins, commanders (commanders that yield such early advantages, p2w?). This game has no love in it, just a rotten drive for money. Some game companies have pride in their doings, Relic does not

I would gladly give Relic as much money as they wanted if they got it right. However to fix the problem would mean redesigning sov, okw and maybe usf. Maybe reverting back to doctrines. Maybe changing heavy tank meta.

For example, heavy tank meta probably should not exist in 1v1. Heavies should not really be seen till 40 min mark. Team games take longer so you could progress through all phases/tiers of the game resulting in heavy tank battles at the end. In 1v1, if heavies could not be fielded until later you would see teching, t3/t4 play. Commanders could then be desinged to compliment playstyles and you would see far more variety, as opposed to current situation where you pick the 3 strongest commanders with the objective to callin Super tank at 11/15 CPs.

The perception of p2w could then be addressed.

Replacing doctrines with commanders was also a mistake because it removes that choice you had to make in coh1. Calling in rangers early in coh1 meant riflemen ability to lay mines was delayed ( If memory serves, but you get the point)

This is where Coh2 falls down. So little decision making making. So little depth. So linear and predictable. So noob friendly..

I could go on about mindless spam, squad wipes, rng, mines, engine damage, flamers exploding, map balance, precision shot, usf elite training, canister shot, demo charges, tiger ace, KT, shocks, obers, schreck blobs, truck pushing but i'd just be flogging a dead horse.....

15 Feb 2015, 03:18 AM
Patrion 14

Thought I would give it one more go, regret it after just two games. Enormous swarms or riflemen, veteran riflemen in between them from the start of the game (bullshit commander, paying to have a huge advantage).

So after that disaster of a 1v1, I jumped in a 4v4, same thing happened. A swarm of riflemen from 3 usf players on Rostov. We had the north side, basically GG from the start but oh well. All the riflemen with veteran status from the start swarmed across the map, captured pretty much everything, they had the north island. Managed to get the south vp bunkered down (you pretty much can't do anything else as Ostheer) and teched up to my first p4. The 4th player, a Soviet player, wasn't seen untill the 12 minute mark or so, 3 t34 76s XD. GG

This game hahahah, there is no meta, there is no strategy, there is no Esports material, there is only spam, lame ass hordes of units and detestable factions that are based around swarms of never ending boredom.

I won't take is seriously any more, if you can't take a joke, don't play Company of Jokes 2

im sorry. you were pushed around in 4v4 as axis? and you are mad cause of that? im sorry again but you only have yourself to blame lol.
15 Feb 2015, 09:11 AM

well, rostoff is bad, especially when you are on the north side. But if you just get pushed around every game, then there seems to be an underlying problem to adapt to the situations at hand. How can a sov just take the map with maxims early on and then wait for shocks? Maxims are a "Riflenade here now for free exp" beacon for Ost and that's just one example.

There's a reason why 1v1 is pretty close to be balanced, if Legends graphs are anything to go by.

In the end it comes down to bad "asymmetrical" design. Asymmetrical design is fine, but they'd need to adjust a lot of units, to tone down Allied early game and buff their late, while nerfing axis late a bit and buffing their early.

And i just wanna stress this, if you are north side Rostoff and face a good team that have FHQ on one of their sov players, chances are slim for you to win.
15 Feb 2015, 09:46 AM

Rostov is an utterly terrible map. It's got to the stage now where I veto it all time and if I do get it then I leave immediately, no matter what side I'm on.
15 Feb 2015, 10:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2015, 09:37 AMKatitof

Don't know about redxwing, but Lenny sure uses out of meta strats and the sad thing is, unless he gets matched against a scrub, he loses.
This is the best example that players are punished for trying something new.
You can go with meta or with interesting strat, meta will allow you to beat better players if you outplay them, out of box thinking and playing will give you hard time against scrubs.

And relic considers this situation "fine".

I agree with you about the Lennypart but I think youre a bit naive. If many or most things in life are made to make you fall in line, why should videogames be any different?
15 Feb 2015, 12:26 PM
Donator 11

If only we could have our money back... Damn it steam!
15 Feb 2015, 12:31 PM
Donator 11

I would gladly give Relic as much money as they wanted if they got it right. However to fix the problem would mean redesigning sov, okw and maybe usf. Maybe reverting back to doctrines. Maybe changing heavy tank meta.

For example, heavy tank meta probably should not exist in 1v1. Heavies should not really be seen till 40 min mark. Team games take longer so you could progress through all phases/tiers of the game resulting in heavy tank battles at the end. In 1v1, if heavies could not be fielded until later you would see teching, t3/t4 play. Commanders could then be desinged to compliment playstyles and you would see far more variety, as opposed to current situation where you pick the 3 strongest commanders with the objective to callin Super tank at 11/15 CPs.

The perception of p2w could then be addressed.

Replacing doctrines with commanders was also a mistake because it removes that choice you had to make in coh1. Calling in rangers early in coh1 meant riflemen ability to lay mines was delayed ( If memory serves, but you get the point)

This is where Coh2 falls down. So little decision making making. So little depth. So linear and predictable. So noob friendly..

I could go on about mindless spam, squad wipes, rng, mines, engine damage, flamers exploding, map balance, precision shot, usf elite training, canister shot, demo charges, tiger ace, KT, shocks, obers, schreck blobs, truck pushing but i'd just be flogging a dead horse.....

Coh2 is not a noob friendly game as misstakes are very punishing, one single misstake and its a GG.

There is no comeback battlegroup like in vcoh. There is no comeback at all for allies in late game. The late game is all about axis crushing everything in their path.

Allies often dont even bother to play late game, just surrender and drop.
15 Feb 2015, 12:44 PM

Coh2 is not a noob friendly game as misstakes are very punishing, one single misstake and its a GG.

There is no comeback battlegroup like in vcoh. There is no comeback at all for allies in late game. The late game is all about axis crushing everything in their path.

Allies often dont even bother to play late game, just surrender and drop.

get off your allied drama trip
15 Feb 2015, 12:56 PM

Of course its noob friendly. Loose a squad, just make another. Its nowhere near as important to keep units alive as it was in coh1, where vet was important.
I am not even going to start on about soviets or okw, both noob freindly untill you reach higher levels.
15 Feb 2015, 16:43 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2015, 09:11 AMJaridan
well, rostoff is bad, especially when you are on the north side. But if you just get pushed around every game, then there seems to be an underlying problem to adapt to the situations at hand. How can a sov just take the map with maxims early on and then wait for shocks? Maxims are a "Riflenade here now for free exp" beacon for Ost and that's just one example.

There's a reason why 1v1 is pretty close to be balanced, if Legends graphs are anything to go by.

In the end it comes down to bad "asymmetrical" design. Asymmetrical design is fine, but they'd need to adjust a lot of units, to tone down Allied early game and buff their late, while nerfing axis late a bit and buffing their early.

And i just wanna stress this, if you are north side Rostoff and face a good team that have FHQ on one of their sov players, chances are slim for you to win.

Rostov is gg if you are in the north with just one bad teammate in a 4v4. If they hadn't introduced the WFA, all this balance and stupid spam issues wouldn't have happened. The game would still be fun. Now it is a horrible horrible swarm of same old same old spam de la spam
15 Feb 2015, 16:45 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2015, 03:18 AMpigsoup

im sorry. you were pushed around in 4v4 as axis? and you are mad cause of that? im sorry again but you only have yourself to blame lol.

It seems you haven't played on ROSTOV then xd

You can't read can you? I said I took the southern vp whilst being on the northern side of Rostov. That is like walking from Germany to Moscow. I took it, but then my team got steamrolled and 3 t34 76s showed up since that was the first time the soviet player had been seen. It is very easy for allies to steamroll with riflemen if they are on the south side of ROSTOV. Same goes for Axis on south side, it is pretty much gg if you bunker down

My point is not being mad because I lost, my team was horrible, I was the only one who succeeded in getting any territory, my point is being annoyed as shit about the same old same old you get with this game. Always the same hordes and swarms of boredom. Early game is an USF wet dream. You can get vet riflemen at 0 cp xd. In 1v1 Ostheer is the weakest. The one I enjoy the most playing is the Soviet faction, due to you can play around with more options, that also do work.

thus me referring to Company of Jokes 2, if you can't take a joke don't play Coh2

This game is a joke xd and a horrible one that is
15 Feb 2015, 17:02 PM
Patrion 14

It seems you haven't played on ROSTOV then xd

You can't read can you? I said I took the southern vp whilst being on the northern side of Rostov. That is like walking from Germany to Moscow. I took it, but then my team got steamrolled and 3 t34 76s showed up since that was the first time the soviet player had been seen. It is very easy for allies to steamroll with riflemen if they are on the south side of ROSTOV. Same goes for Axis on south side, it is pretty much gg if you bunker down

My point is not being mad because I lost, my team was horrible, I was the only one who succeeded in getting any territory, my point is being annoyed as shit about the same old same old you get with this game. Always the same hordes and swarms of boredom. Early game is an USF wet dream. You can get vet riflemen at 0 cp xd. In 1v1 Ostheer is the weakest. The one I enjoy the most playing is the Soviet faction, due to you can play around with more options, that also do work.

thus me referring to Company of Jokes 2, if you can't take a joke don't play Coh2

This game is a joke xd and a horrible one that is

all available forces should go to the town part of rostov... lolz. thats rostov 101. may be you should've stopped blaming your teammates and help them in the town.

i am assuming your point is that you saw bs vet rifleman doc in 1v1 and you saw it again in 4v4 and it was just as broken? correct me if i am wrong please. and playing with randoms and crying about it...
15 Feb 2015, 23:48 PM

15 Feb 2015, 23:52 PM

Same to me on Rostov. We were in the same team today? I am BIS-DasIpsum on Steam. I agree with you. The game was good but with the last patches it became boring and blobby as ever. I was betten with blobs by players with lvl 12 (i have 145 and i am a decent player). That thing never happened before. I hope Relic will do something about this.
16 Feb 2015, 00:02 AM

I hope Relic will do something about blobbing. The game was so fun, but with the last patches it became boring and you can't do nothing about this. I was trying 5-6 strategies to beat blobbing and i succeded one time: how i do it? by BLOBBING !!! It made no sense: blob vs blob. who is clicking more rapidly wins. No strategy, no smart use of resourses, no coordination between teammates, just rush infantry in 2-3 key points, kill everthing - GG !! But i know that Relic and Sega wont dissapoint us. We are especting the new patch that will fix all this problems.
16 Feb 2015, 03:40 AM

Rostov is gg if you are in the north with just one bad teammate in a 4v4. If they hadn't introduced the WFA, all this balance and stupid spam issues wouldn't have happened. The game would still be fun. Now it is a horrible horrible swarm of same old same old spam de la spam

Your logic doesn't hold. Any map is GG with a bad teammate, otherwise they wouldn't be bad. Any map that you have a bad teammate and the enemy doesn't is gg, otherwise the enemies would not be good.
16 Feb 2015, 10:22 AM

I played 8 months ago, and I had to force myself to play more than one game.
I played this entire weekend, enjoyed every game.

The game has improved allot since back then.

Not happy? Go away, play something else. I did.

Games improved and still is improving.

Pointless thread, I think I will open one as well: "I am a vegaterian and I dont like meat"
16 Feb 2015, 10:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2015, 10:22 AMJewdo
I played 8 months ago, and I had to force myself to play more than one game.
I played this entire weekend, enjoyed every game.

The game has improved allot since back then.

Not happy? Go away, play something else. I did.

Games improved and still is improving.

Pointless thread, I think I will open one as well: "I am a vegaterian and I dont like meat"

Sorry to inform you but the march patch was the last major improvement to the game. The only other significant changes were to units that were broken as F*** like ISU and OP kubel and change to unit cover which came with the downside of making grenades and AOE explosions likely to squadwipe.

The addition of western front armies has pleased many due to ease of play, but also pissed off many due to blob meta, wonky balance and a mountain of bugs.

I am glad you find the game appealing again but you really are short on facts.

PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS