Login

russian armor

It just isn't fun anymore

PAGES (7)down
7 Feb 2015, 15:38 PM

Permanently Banned
Hey Guys,

I am getting closer and closer to losing interest in this game. It just isn't fun to play anymore. You face endless hordes of riflemen or shocks or an enormous amount of volksgrenadiers. It is almost as if this game shifted from Company of Awesome to Company of Call Ins to Company of SPAM.

To make matters worse, 1v1 and 1v2 has gone down the drain as well. At first the 4v4 and 3v3 were just lame and suffered from unbalances, now 1v1 and 1v2 have major balance issues as well.

I am not judging any player on this part, if you find it fun to play every single game in the same way, then good for you. But the way this game is since the Western Front expansion, is killing it bit by bit. It's just an unbalanced, not well considered or thought through expansion.

Anyone else feel the same? I liked this game and I do find it sad that it is coming to this point to be honest..
7 Feb 2015, 15:47 PM

The game was designed around its own metagame. For that reason alone CoH2 has been a vegetable on life support since before it was even in beta.
8 Feb 2015, 00:21 AM

i had my comeback very recently. i am enjoying the game right now, although its not perfectly balanced
8 Feb 2015, 00:52 AM

For me, the question should be how should a balanced game should look like?

In CoH2 there are 4 different styles to play, 1v1 to 4v4.

2v2 and 3v3 are most likely the same. 1v1 and 4v4 have so different playstyle if you compare them.

So I decided that balance lies in the eye of the player.

Most problem for me is the diffenrence to coh1 regarding map control and manpower. Because this changed the game totaly.

8 Feb 2015, 01:44 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Spam post invised.

Back to topic.
8 Feb 2015, 09:37 AM

i had my comeback very recently. i am enjoying the game right now, although its not perfectly balanced

Yup. The game has changed a lot since release, and even a lot in the last few patches. People tend to forget that. Yes, the game was not very well design when released and it's mostly Relic's fault (you can blame it on THQ bankruptcy but I don't care) but they have been polishing the game since. I know they take their time and thing are progressing slowly, and they had to release the game in a better state, but come one, the game has changed a lot and they are more or less giving pudding about it. I do criticize them, but I don't have the kind of COH2 IS FINISHED attitude.
8 Feb 2015, 10:26 AM

I have the same feeling. This game stopped to really award using combined arms and most players just use the same tactics over and over again. There are tens of commanders and endless possible playstyles but only few of them are viable which is very sad.

I think that people who are working on game balance are doing very poor job. It may be cause they are bad or they just dont care
8 Feb 2015, 10:39 AM
Donator 33

The WFA factions haven't really had big changes yet so we'll just have to keep waiting and maybe things will start happening one day.

I remember people were also complaining pre-WFA, but relatively speaking the old factions are pretty awesome.
8 Feb 2015, 11:09 AM

Relic doesn't care about balance in multiplayer -main problem.Three months of spam,and we get a bug patch- typical.
8 Feb 2015, 11:53 AM

99% of those who whine about stale meta and single unit blobbing loose 99% of their games because of lazy micro, wrong stategic decisions and the lack of awareness. The amount of games, close enough in skill, to be decided by balance difference is much smaller then those make it be.

Its sad, that you loose the joy in playing a game you obviously care enough about to post a thread telling exactly that in gameplay discussion forum.

4 Factions, A shitload of commanders. I don't know about you, but i have around 15 different tactics to approach this game depending on faction choice and the enemy/combination of enemys i see. I'm far from mastering them all. None of those include less then 5 different units. I like those combined arms. And they do work. And yes, sometimes it takes more effort to punish the blob, then to a-move it. But then again, it brings me uberjoy to see those blobs transform into little xp values floating to the sky.

Have fun, whatever you do, and good luck with it!
8 Feb 2015, 11:54 AM

i love this game and i hope it gets better
8 Feb 2015, 12:16 PM

99% of those who whine about stale meta and single unit blobbing loose 99% of their games because of lazy micro, wrong stategic decisions and the lack of awareness. The amount of games, close enough in skill, to be decided by balance difference is much smaller then those make it be.

Its sad, that you loose the joy in playing a game you obviously care enough about to post a thread telling exactly that in gameplay discussion forum.

4 Factions, A shitload of commanders. I don't know about you, but i have around 15 different tactics to approach this game depending on faction choice and the enemy/combination of enemys i see. I'm far from mastering them all. None of those include less then 5 different units. I like those combined arms. And they do work. And yes, sometimes it takes more effort to punish the blob, then to a-move it. But then again, it brings me uberjoy to see those blobs transform into little xp values floating to the sky.

+1
8 Feb 2015, 12:20 PM

Word!
8 Feb 2015, 12:24 PM
Patrion 14

+1

this. there are possibilities. i know loads of ppl who just label non standard strats "nonviable" because they are too scared to try it and master new strats.
8 Feb 2015, 12:29 PM

+1

this. there are possibilities. i know loads of ppl who just label non standard strats "nonviable" because they are too scared to try it and master new strats.

Shh dude, this will make people think 1v1 players are even more useless! :jk:
8 Feb 2015, 12:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Feb 2015, 12:16 PMJorad

+1

Try playing Ost and not just usf before offering opinion.

8 Feb 2015, 12:42 PM

Just wait for the next balance-patch if the frustration gets to much :). They are still some players who play Coh2 which is good, as long as that there are players who plays the game I guess Relic will be making patches.

The game is dead but is breathing in its grave.
8 Feb 2015, 16:14 PM

Permanently Banned

I agree with you and understand your point very well. But even combined arms just don't put in the fun for me anymore. For example I need an vet 3 mg to just get a blob to it's knees, and if they come with 2 smaller blobs from 2 sides, it's done.

I primarily play Ostheer and Soviets. Especially Ostheer just got the fun pulled out of it with the constant battle against the rifleman hordes and since lately, guards and shock blob while having to sacrifice either teching up for more units to fight the hordes or sacrifice teching by getting support weapons for your grens to fight these hordes. If you don't sacrifice teching and have less units on the field, you will be overrun 9/10 times.

With soviets, I almost only face OKW players. I do not judge them, but the way they play is always the same and boring.

We need to face the fact that Relic did a poor job constructing WFA and even the original Coh2 structure. There is a reason even people like Imperial Dane just don't want to play anymore.

I'm done with coh 2 for now, will see what further balance patches will do. I fear they will fix one thing, one thing that probably isn't even a necessity, and screw twenty other things up.

Cheers
8 Feb 2015, 16:18 PM

Permanently Banned

Try playing Ost and not just usf before offering opinion.

This
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 1
Germany 818
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L