Login

russian armor

OKW Panzer Schwer HQ

18 Jan 2015, 16:06 PM

You said it's not possible to counter the schwere panzer hq with an AT gun + attack ground because the omnipotent ober blob will hinder any efforts in doing so, at the time a ober blob occurs there are vehicles on the field and tanks inbound so we don't talk about an early game schwere panzer hq anymore. And still combined forces that take care of the obers + the at gun that destroys the schwere panzer hq will succeed.
An over aggressive schwere panzer hq never survives long.
Then you said a pak43 will deny any tank play, but then again it's not minute 8 anymore and you should have Artillery to deal with Pak43 & schwere panzer hq.

And then again, why shouldn't 1000 mp + 80 fuel shouldn't be able to deal with a single at gun backed up by 2 cons?

Please, showe me when I said anything about Pak43, please! :lol: :lol:

Taking down T4 after 20min is not that hard but that's the point. For over 10min fuel is locked down ad whole battle is about allied fuel. It's denying all cut off system.

Try to play little more allies. Against decent opponet, you just can't afford to send at gun and 2-3 aquad to protect this because you are in the middle of the fight for your fuel.
It's all about this. If they strike you with whole blob you should be able to go around for their unsecured fuel but no, fuel is secured with T4.

Don't forget about King Tiger.
King Tiger + Pak43 is just broken.
I want doctrine with Tiger and Pak43 for Ostheer!! :lol: :lol:
18 Jan 2015, 23:06 PM

2x Obers are annoying but 3x Obers you have to counter with vehicles.

I can't imagine many good players build 3 obers!!! and by the time an OKW has 2 obers out there are plenty of ways to counter that. so "no unit" is a bit not right there
19 Jan 2015, 01:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2015, 23:06 PMAladdin

I can't imagine many good players build 3 obers!!! and by the time an OKW has 2 obers out there are plenty of ways to counter that. so "no unit" is a bit not right there

Yes with Medium armor that is countered by their buddies the Shrek Carrying Vet5 NeoVolks. Obers are broken. Its a universal truth. 40 more MP then a Sniper much much more power and none of their weaknesses. They can even snipe snipers...
19 Jan 2015, 02:22 AM

Yes with Medium armor that is countered by their buddies the Shrek Carrying Vet5 NeoVolks. Obers are broken. Its a universal truth. 40 more MP then a Sniper much much more power and none of their weaknesses. They can even snipe snipers...

Adopt and learn to play
19 Jan 2015, 02:27 AM
Patrion 28

obers are op right now, particularly in combination with volks and a lusch
19 Jan 2015, 03:02 AM

Yup, obers are broken atm.
19 Jan 2015, 03:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2015, 02:22 AMAladdin

Adopt and learn to play

Yeah guys, adopt OKW and play it instead! Learn to play with a nondoctrinal version of LMG paratroopers that scale better and only cost manpower MVGame
19 Jan 2015, 03:11 AM

#Questfor100Percent
19 Jan 2015, 03:50 AM

Yeah guys, adopt OKW and play it instead! Learn to play with a nondoctrinal version of LMG paratroopers that scale better and only cost manpower MVGame

No the problem is we arent flanking them....
19 Jan 2015, 21:14 PM

The Panzer Schwer HQ should be upgraded first just like that...ehm healing truck..I don't know its name anymore
19 Jan 2015, 22:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2015, 21:14 PMOssy
The Panzer Schwer HQ should be upgraded first just like that...ehm healing truck..I don't know its name anymore

The Battlegroup Headquarters truck heals and reinforces without an upgrade.
19 Jan 2015, 22:42 PM

So the OPs main concern is he can't play deny decap game with cheap cons or REchs after flak HQ is set up to defend fuel .... Well that's the faction design adapt and play .. Don't waste time and mp trying to kill it instead focus your battle on your side and win it and when he retreats attack his flak HQ..
19 Jan 2015, 22:53 PM

The Battlegroup Headquarters truck heals and reinforces without an upgrade.

Forward retreat requires an upgrade
19 Jan 2015, 23:06 PM
Patrion 27

The impact of Schwer on recon runs is something I hate in team games. It would be tolerable if the Schwer was some kind of optional thing that is one of many viable choices, but it's something taken by every OKW player in every game mode. Usually as their second truck. This along with base flaks has contributed enormously to the prevalence of planes falling out of the sky.

In 3v3 and 4v4 I have resorted to using Recon Support for the High-Altitude Recon that USF gets. They can't get shot down.
19 Jan 2015, 23:21 PM

Why does Flak HQ reliably penetrate allied medium?

PQ- "Why shouldnt it?" :guyokay:

Did he really say that? If true...what an *expletive*

Gee Peter, why shouldn't a 37mm flak cannon forward base building destroy everything and then even damage the heaviest non-doctrinal tanks from THE FRONT?

Not only is it illogical (but what's the point in mentioning that, since this game throws logic and history out the window whenever it can) but it also damages the game by reinforcing the heavy-tank callin dependency that is hurting this game. What do we know anyway? We're just players who care and analyze a game we like(d), and they're the "masterminds" behind the dying game.

This company is so damned amateur sometimes.
19 Jan 2015, 23:37 PM

I could come with a 20mm flak and be upgradable to a heavier caliber..for example
20 Jan 2015, 00:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2015, 22:53 PMOssy
Forward retreat requires an upgrade

The truck is fully functional without forward retreat.
20 Jan 2015, 00:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2015, 22:42 PMImSkemo
So the OPs main concern is he can't play deny decap game with cheap cons or REchs after flak HQ is set up to defend fuel .... Well that's the faction design adapt and play .. Don't waste time and mp trying to kill it instead focus your battle on your side and win it and when he retreats attack his flak HQ..

I disagree with this. One critical component of COH is the decap/flanking. If an opponent is blobbing I can just simply move off and decap the map, but with the Panzer HQ he can lock me out of territory forcing me to group my forces to take it on. Guess which faction that plays to the strength of?

The unit is too mindless it allows complete control of large sections of the map and requires > 1 minute of dedicated fire from units that it comes out against to damage.

It is literally a no risk high reward unit. And to cap it all its just a tier unlock that can do it for 0 pop!
20 Jan 2015, 00:27 AM

Dont mess with Imagelessbean!! He is high ranked Axis player!! I support you Imagelessbean!!!
20 Jan 2015, 05:08 AM

It is literally a no risk high reward unit. And to cap it all its just a tier unlock that can do it for 0 pop!

I can go on about okw faction design that that lacks a non doctrinal suppression uni and so on the bottom line is okw has hard time defending caps if they split up they get cut down.. I play all factions I can tell you that it isn't game breaking for me there are ways to adapt.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★