Login

russian armor

A suggestion to Luftwaffe Supply Drop

27 Dec 2014, 07:52 AM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Dec 2014, 02:27 AMNinjaWJ

i dont think the med supply got nerfed. all that got changed was that enemy can pick it up. It is fun doctrine so i dont wanna see it gone, but it's too powerful when boosting OKW.

He is right. They changed something,but I can't tell you for now, what was the nerf :lol: ;)
27 Dec 2014, 09:21 AM
Patrion 28

it no longer gives a defensive bonus iirc
27 Dec 2014, 13:26 PM

Box changes:

-No longer provides healing during combat; resumes healing once squad is out of combat

-Removed bonus damage and armor modifiers

-Added received accuracy modifier of 0.87

-Added accuracy modifier of 1.15

The modifiers they added dose not make up for what they once was.
The ability got completely wrecked.
27 Dec 2014, 14:27 PM

I think Luft Supply is just fine in the aspect that it nullifies heavy armor for the ostheer player. They are stuck with having a panther as their biggest tank. We all know that is a piece of crap. Now if the Luft player supplies an OKW player then there is a bit of an issue. While the Ostheer player lacks units and struggles to maintain a presence on the field, all the others players have to do is hold the map until they can spam tanks and another ostheer player spams CAS.
-And this all comes from an axis player that does this constantly with fellow bears in 2v2 - 4v4 games.
27 Dec 2014, 15:08 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I think Luft Supply is just fine in the aspect that it nullifies heavy armor for the ostheer player. They are stuck with having a panther as their biggest tank. We all know that is a piece of crap.

My heart bleeds for those OKH players limited to "only" having Panthers

Americans and Soviets will organise a benefit concert for them

27 Dec 2014, 15:46 PM
Patrion 14

I think Luft Supply is just fine in the aspect that it nullifies heavy armor for the ostheer player. They are stuck with having a panther as their biggest tank. We all know that is a piece of crap. Now if the Luft player supplies an OKW player then there is a bit of an issue. While the Ostheer player lacks units and struggles to maintain a presence on the field, all the others players have to do is hold the map until they can spam tanks and another ostheer player spams CAS.
-And this all comes from an axis player that does this constantly with fellow bears in 2v2 - 4v4 games.

how is panther crap? ostheer t4 i completely viable in most cases 2v2+. and panther takes care of all allied tanks pretty good to just outright making them obsolete.
27 Dec 2014, 21:50 PM

Panther is not crap.. I don't know how someone could even come to that conclusion?

Vs heavy Jackson use Panther is a better choice than tiger.

Teching to panther is crap but the unit is amazing.
27 Dec 2014, 22:48 PM

Maybe he doesn't know the Panther got buffed, since before that it actually was crap. No point in paying 175 fuel for a unit that missed 2/3 of its shots.
28 Dec 2014, 01:00 AM
Patrion 28

i strongly disagree with the V being "crap" but i agree with the rest. basically, the OKH player can float because he has team mates to cover for him; the more team mates, the less one player's contribution matters.
28 Dec 2014, 02:29 AM

The ostheer panther is crap when paired and matched up to the OKW panther. That was my point. Why should Ostheer waste upon the panther if he can feed OKW to gain a more potent panther upon the field. In any case, to take the argument to one point in my analysis of Luft shows that many do not wish to have balance but rather their version of justice. I think that to an extent luft is balanced and only needs to be reworked in the fact of its significant bonuses toward players of the OKW faction.
28 Dec 2014, 02:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Dec 2014, 15:46 PMpigsoup

how is panther crap? ostheer t4 i completely viable in most cases 2v2+. and panther takes care of all allied tanks pretty good to just outright making them obsolete.

The ostheer t4 panther is not as viable as it seems based upon the stats of the unit. It works well at range (with view range help) but with line of sight this allows for it to become a difficult tool to use. The Panther only does well against the slow and uncoordinated fleets of allied vehicles. Knowing that any ally player of skill would find a way to abuse line of sight, combined arms, and well planned and executed pushes the panther has issues because of its smaller numbers.....this is where luft comes in and becomes broken. It allows for the panther (meant to be counted in mass and in combined arms) to then become a massed produced fleet of unstoppable power. Then on top of that, any skilled axis team would use "skill Planes" thus wiping anyone and everyone. That my friends is broken, stupid, and unfair.....but fun as crap at times.

-FYI any post that wishes to argue this point is welcome to INTELLIGENTLY state why and if wanted can take me and (the bears) up upon a test to verify points or even find new ones so that this thread can be constructive and enlightening.
28 Dec 2014, 03:30 AM
Patrion 14

The ostheer t4 panther is not as viable as it seems based upon the stats of the unit. It works well at range (with view range help) but with line of sight this allows for it to become a difficult tool to use. The Panther only does well against the slow and uncoordinated fleets of allied vehicles. Knowing that any ally player of skill would find a way to abuse line of sight, combined arms, and well planned and executed pushes the panther has issues because of its smaller numbers.....this is where luft comes in and becomes broken. It allows for the panther (meant to be counted in mass and in combined arms) to then become a massed produced fleet of unstoppable power. Then on top of that, any skilled axis team would use "skill Planes" thus wiping anyone and everyone. That my friends is broken, stupid, and unfair.....but fun as crap at times.

-FYI any post that wishes to argue this point is welcome to INTELLIGENTLY state why and if wanted can take me and (the bears) up upon a test to verify points or even find new ones so that this thread can be constructive and enlightening.

i guess we'll just agree to disagree. i think holding out for panther is pretty hard in 2v2 but once you do, it is worth it. its anti tank power is awesome imo. especially when i am not going tiger. i am trying to use other commanders atm.

i don't think i'll test panthers with y'all bears just yet. i'll just see you on the automatch. i have met, hunted and mauled by plenty of bears that way.
28 Dec 2014, 04:11 AM
Honorary Member Badge

The ostheer panther is crap when paired and matched up to the OKW panther. That was my point. Why should Ostheer waste upon the panther if he can feed OKW to gain a more potent panther upon the field.

Bazookas are pudding compared to shreks, but that doesn't help anyone make a meaningful decision as the US, because you can't buy them. The cost can only be compared against other things you can buy.

OKH has a 100 pop cap to use on something too, and the best thing they can buy in core is Panthers, and they will come way before Tigers thank you very much.
28 Dec 2014, 04:23 AM
Honorary Member Badge

As a bear Axis player I would say otherwise.

Intra-pack mauling coming up:

You don't even need Luftwaffe to get Panthers out in a team game. 1v1 sure it is pricey to tech to and pricy to buy.

However I don't play 1v1 and I can quite easily go T1, T2, T4 and have a Panther as my first tank and it will dominate what ever other armour is out there.

Supported with T2 for Paks and Shreks so it doesn't get mobbed and you will do fine.

I am genuinely bemused what else you think there is other than Tigers you can buy that is a better use of your fuel and popcap than Panthers.
28 Dec 2014, 04:48 AM

Bazookas are pudding compared to shreks, but that doesn't help anyone make a meaningful decision as the US, because you can't buy them. The cost can only be compared against other things you can buy.

OKH has a 100 pop cap to use on something too, and the best thing they can buy in core is Panthers, and they will come way before Tigers thank you very much.

Not to mention I would rather take a Panther over a tiger any day when going up against Jacksons
28 Dec 2014, 08:46 AM

Panther is really good and its nondoctrinal!!!
28 Dec 2014, 09:46 AM

The problem is not the supply drop its that box's suck now.
Hes cutting 200 MP for 50 fuel.
He could of spent that 200 mp on a cache or a unit.

You need 18 minutes to get the fuel/muni worth out of cache.

How is getting that amount for exact same price over 1 minute not infinitely better again?
That is instant Luchs for OKW.

These drops are batshit op when used for OKW to pick, but otherwise I find them fine.
28 Dec 2014, 13:27 PM

Voort your missing my point, Ostheer and OKW play upon the same team in a team game....zooks and shreks is a bad analogically because of that key detail. Im saying that though the stats are the same the OKW panther out preforms a Ostheer panther. That is why then the ostheer player feeds okw fuel. TO achieve victory through means of one of the best tank in the game feeding fuel to OKW is very much the better choice than to save it and purchase their own panthers because of the sig difference.
28 Dec 2014, 14:07 PM

I can't agree with you DasDoom. I just tested few things:

TEST 1
OST Panther vs 2x T34/76 - 34 secs and little damaged second T34.
OKW Panther vs 2x T34/76 - 23 sec and no damage on second T34.
(Panther was not moving, T34s were flanking).

TEST 2
OST Panther vs moving T34/76 = 100% accuracy
OKW Panther vs moving T34/76 = 100% accuracy
(2 shots at medium distance and 2 shots at the end of range).

TEST 3:
OST Panther vs KV1 = Panther wins
OKW Panther vs KV1 - KV1 wins :loco:
(KV1 was not moving, Panther was flanking)

Little RNG becaise Panther has got damage engine due to KV1 :loco: but still... Nothing shows that OKW Panther is better. With vet 4/5 of course, but without vet differences are so small that you won't notice them.
28 Dec 2014, 16:31 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

For a test to be useful, you have to run it at least thousands of time. Doing so ingame is not worthy.

-.-.-.-.-.-
What the turtle wants to say is that it's really hard to pay off the teching cost of OH, even when you are in advantage during the match, in comparison to field them as OKW.

The panther is not bad, rather than being able to field them on the first place.

OKW and OH panthers ARE DIFFERENT.

Some examples:

OKW Panther has speed 13.2 in Blitz
Ostheer Panther has speed 8.9 in Blitz

"Better MGs, higher base accuracy with infinitely better moving accuracy, higher veterancy bonuses with more veterancy levels, stronger blitzkrieg, much less tech costs."
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 69
unknown 26
United Kingdom 303
United States 8
United States 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W