Login

russian armor

Partisans are utter garbage

20 Dec 2014, 12:59 PM

So...
In the steam sale I bought partisan tactics...
Big mistake.
Partisans are worse than useless. They're a positive help to the enemy as I don't get shocks or guards instead. Even when armed with an MG-42 their damage is utterly pitiful and they drop like flies.
Despite spending 2 dollars on them, I still feel utterly ripped off by how pitiful the doctrine is. There are some advantages, their ability to lay down mines being their only saving grace, but the rest of it is such utter garbage that I shan't be using them in a while.

I won't even begin on their doctrinal German counterparts... (Stormtroopers, Fallshirmjagers and Jagers)

Something has to be done to make this doctrine slightly worthwhile.
20 Dec 2014, 13:11 PM

For some reason relic got a hard on implementing weaksauce infantry for allies while introducing terminators for axis.

Partisans are worthless, AT ones are ok, but AI ones as well as irregulars are trash-they are just barely useable against wehr, but against OKW they are not even competition.
20 Dec 2014, 13:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2014, 13:11 PMKatitof
For some reason relic got a hard on implementing weaksauce infantry for allies while introducing terminators for axis.

Partisans are worthless, AT ones are ok, but AI ones as well as irregulars are trash-they are just barely useable against wehr, but against OKW they are not even competition.

I think you are using them wrong, Partisans are great for: killing a support weapon, spawning behind lines and capping and placing mines. If partisans are fighting infantry you are using them wrong. Also once they have served their usefulness get them killed so that your conscripts get the mg ect
20 Dec 2014, 13:24 PM

I think you are using them wrong, Partisans are great for: killing a support weapon, spawning behind lines and capping and placing mines. If partisans are fighting infantry you are using them wrong. Also once they have served their usefulness get them killed so that your conscripts get the mg ect

Doesn't that go against the whole idea of unit preservation?

They cost roughly the same as a conscript squad.
20 Dec 2014, 13:42 PM

Trust me, I'm not using them wrong.

They are good for mining everything up and back capping, but so are CEs and CEs are much more combat effective.

Partisans need to be able to stand up on their own, relic should either remove their DPS penalty that doesn't make any sense or make them 6 men squads, so they can take a hit.

Right now, they melt in seconds and hit like wet noodles, the only appealing part of partisan doctrine-female partisans, was removed from the game as well, so not much reason to go for them, which is sad, because I love both them and irregulars(and osttruppen, but these guys can actually stand up for their own right now).
20 Dec 2014, 13:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2014, 13:42 PMKatitof

Trust me, I'm not using them wrong.

They are good for mining everything up and back capping, but so are CEs and CEs are much more combat effective.

Partisans need to be able to stand up on their own, relic should either remove their DPS penalty that doesn't make any sense or make them 6 men squads, so they can take a hit.

Right now, they melt in seconds and hit like wet noodles, the only appealing part of partisan doctrine-female partisans, was removed from the game as well, so not much reason to go for them, which is sad, because I love both them and irregulars(and osttruppen, but these guys can actually stand up for their own right now).
Women are the most appealing part of the doctrine, huh. ;)

How about 5 men for partisan? 6 men and they just take the conscripts role IMO.
20 Dec 2014, 13:51 PM

I have only met a partisan-user once, and it was a true pain in the ass. All of a sudden an LMG spawns behind my lines and start raping my PAKs, then another spawns on some other place on the map and disturbs a lone capping gren squad...

I had to rush my units left and right and wound up losing that game.
20 Dec 2014, 14:04 PM

Partisans are a useless garbage commander.

it s because of relics Commander-spam doctrine. this has lead to many useless shit commanders. quantity but quality. the game is full of shit commanders.
20 Dec 2014, 14:05 PM

yeah the thing is dont call them in in the early game as fighting units (never have more then 1...) just use them when youre going to make a big push/need to defend against a big push to take out weapon teams/unsupported units.
i think the problem is that ppl tend to use them in the role of conscripts and start to wonder why they die like flies. thats just wrong.
still... although its a nice idea for a commander, it sadly isnt very viable... you might get a win here and there, but the doctrine lacks most of the things the sovs need to compete
20 Dec 2014, 14:47 PM
Donator 33

So...
In the steam sale I bought partisan tactics...
Big mistake.
Partisans are worse than useless. They're a positive help to the enemy as I don't get shocks or guards instead. Even when armed with an MG-42 their damage is utterly pitiful and they drop like flies.
Despite spending 2 dollars on them, I still feel utterly ripped off by how pitiful the doctrine is. There are some advantages, their ability to lay down mines being their only saving grace, but the rest of it is such utter garbage that I shan't be using them in a while.

I won't even begin on their doctrinal German counterparts... (Stormtroopers, Fallshirmjagers and Jagers)

Something has to be done to make this doctrine slightly worthwhile.

I think it's an underrated commander (some people seem to be unable to play without their shocks and heavy tank call-ins).

This commander is not made for 1v1s IMO but it's useful in team games when your mate can get the heavy late game tanks and you just support him and distract the enemy.

For 160(I'm not 100% about the price) you get partisans for flanking team weapons, laying mines behind the enemy lines and cutting off territory.

They are not meant to be combat units.

The AT partisans are perfect for surprising your enemy while his tanks are getting repaired. They are also very good to get a last shot on a retreating vehicle and to At nade vehicles/tanks before you attack.

You shouldn't spawn partisans just to have more units on the field but when you really need them.
I wouldn't use partisans before you have the "spy network" ability which really helps to spawn partisans without any risk.

I once used AT partisans together with "spy network" and got a reloading Sturmtiger that way :D

Imagine there's a JT on the field and you are preparing a rush to destroy it: You can use spy network + AT partisans to attack the JT (maybe AT nade it) and to distract your enemy so that your main attack will be more successful.

There's one thing I would really like partisans to have: An ability to be removed from the map and getting back some.

Spawn some partisans, lay down mines and let them disapppear so that your enemy doesn't even know what's going on :foreveralone:

It's a fun commander for those who like sneaky gameplay.
20 Dec 2014, 14:49 PM

Welcome to the world of Soviets commanders without call-ins :foreveralone:

It would be great of Soviets have T34/85 or SU100 as non-doc units.

And while Partisants spawned behind lines is something correct - they are partisants, right? Falsch, Jager and Strom are werid units to spawn behind.
20 Dec 2014, 16:48 PM

No unit should spawn out of nowhere, it's beyond retarded, that's why that should be removed by falsch,jagers,sturms and partisians, while partisans could retain the trait to be able to completely stealth while in a building, so that you can setup ambushes like that.

But yes, like a poster pointed out before, partisans are extremely annoying to play against and i'd rather never see them viable in the current state of teletrasportaion technology.
20 Dec 2014, 17:13 PM

I don't think they're that bad......I mean, you could try and use Ostruppen or Irregulars, then comeback and say Partysans are useless :snfPeter:
Here's an example replay of them saving my arse:
20 Dec 2014, 17:48 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I have only met a partisan-user once, and it was a true pain in the ass. All of a sudden an LMG spawns behind my lines and start raping my PAKs, then another spawns on some other place on the map and disturbs a lone capping gren squad...

I had to rush my units left and right and wound up losing that game.

Made me smile. Thanks :)
20 Dec 2014, 18:09 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

camo and hold fire would go a long way
20 Dec 2014, 18:17 PM

Partisans are really bad. They don't have the shock-value of Falls, are really fragile, and don't do much damage. Choosing that commander means asking for a gg
20 Dec 2014, 19:29 PM

Well it depends... if you remove every commande with shocks/guards/120mm/t-34-85/IS-2, I bet this doctrine would be used.
20 Dec 2014, 19:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2014, 19:29 PMRupert
Well it depends... if you remove every commande with shocks/guards/120mm/t-34-85/IS-2, I bet this doctrine would be used.

no one would play soviets after that
20 Dec 2014, 20:45 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Because there won't be too much options to choose, that's like 90% of Soviet Commanders XD
20 Dec 2014, 20:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2014, 13:11 PMKatitof

It's because there was a shift in attitudes at Relic, don't act like it's because "oh they hate allies that's why". Partisans are weak because they come out of buildings, this design was made long before WFA. With WFA some attitudes changed, Fallschirmjagers, Jagers, and Stormtroopers were added, but old designed were not reconsidered.

Relic needs to look at the old armies, this doctrine included, and bring them up to par with what WFA introduced. Partisans need a way to sustain themselves in enemy territory, or at least an ability to refund themselves by walking off map and giving your MP back when their one-use job is complete.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★