Login

russian armor

Partisans are utter garbage

23 Dec 2014, 16:40 PM

Relic needs to get rid of this spawn from building mechanic, it sours the game. Aside from that, yes the whole reason why I didn't buy this commander (even on sale) because I dont want to waste MP on units that offer so little or 2 second flank where I can build Cons, Shocks, & Penals.
23 Dec 2014, 17:07 PM

Typical situation of DPS inflation. (And dare I say Axis favorism?)

Upon introduction Partisans had a very unique mechanic in spawning from buildings. To compensate for this one of a kind mechanism they were pre-nerfed with low survivability, half dps on all weapons, and a higher reinforce cost than most infantry. Despite these drawbacks intrepid players were able to make them partially viable against the weapon team reliance Ostheer.

Then I guess Relic just stopped caring and added Fallschirmjagers, Jaeger Light Infantry, and Stormtroopers. A complete 180 degrees from squads with the lowest dps in the game to some of the highest.

To be fair, Soviet players don't expect nor want Fallschirmjagers, but like other doctrinal units this clearly needs to be updated for WFA. I would expect them to be about equivalent to ppsh cons at a cost of about 320 manpower and a reasonable reinforce cost.
23 Dec 2014, 17:10 PM

The issue with gimmick doctrines that need buildings to spawn from to be effective is that not every map has good building spawn points, for OKW this doesn't mean anything since the stock OKW units are fine but for Soviets commander choice is everything.
23 Dec 2014, 17:36 PM

I like Partisans because they offer a different playstyle. It belongs to the commanders that can make the game much more interesting than the boring call in bullshit. I usually drop from the game as soon as it gets to this point.
23 Dec 2014, 19:53 PM

The issue with gimmick doctrines that need buildings to spawn from to be effective is that not every map has good building spawn points, for OKW this doesn't mean anything since the stock OKW units are fine but for Soviets commander choice is everything.

That's not a problem at all, just don't pick Partisan Doctrine on that maps. You have 2 other Commander Options and you can load them with the strongest Commanders you have.
23 Dec 2014, 19:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2014, 17:07 PMHambone
Typical situation of DPS inflation. (And dare I say Axis favorism?)

Upon introduction Partisans had a very unique mechanic in spawning from buildings. To compensate for this one of a kind mechanism they were pre-nerfed with low survivability, half dps on all weapons, and a higher reinforce cost than most infantry. Despite these drawbacks intrepid players were able to make them partially viable against the weapon team reliance Ostheer.

Then I guess Relic just stopped caring and added Fallschirmjagers, Jaeger Light Infantry, and Stormtroopers. A complete 180 degrees from squads with the lowest dps in the game to some of the highest.

To be fair, Soviet players don't expect nor want Fallschirmjagers, but like other doctrinal units this clearly needs to be updated for WFA. I would expect them to be about equivalent to ppsh cons at a cost of about 320 manpower and a reasonable reinforce cost.

i agree with your points. older doctrines and units need to be updated and revised
23 Dec 2014, 20:02 PM

Partisans are bad because they are... Partisans, literally hobos that were unfit for military service in the first place.
Yes, this game is not about realism, but it should keep immersion.
The moment Civilians with stolen weapons can go toe on toe with war hardened, trained veteran troops the immersion completely breaks.

Like people already mentioned, their role is to disturb and harass behind the lines. This is what they do currently, so they are fine.

Another "we want elite infantry spawning in houses too" thread. I don't mind, but relic should then implement new units (will seem never to happen unfortunately) to keep the immersion.

lmao partisans were some of the deadliest troops in WW2. There were plenty of successful partisan movements like the Yugoslavians, French, Polish, etc. On the Eastern Front, there were hundreds of thousands of partisans. These were remnants of troops encircled in 1941-1942 and other civilians who took arms.
23 Dec 2014, 20:53 PM

I think Irregulars would be the remnants of the encircled troops, Partisans are likely civilians since they (used to) have female counterparts.
23 Dec 2014, 20:57 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Irregulars are civilian militia

Partisans will be encircled remnants + civilians

24 Dec 2014, 16:32 PM

Partisans is very well supplied, by parachute and glider constantly delivered ammunition, explosives, medicines, weapons. some partisan groups had armored vehicles.

29 Dec 2014, 00:44 AM

Hah, I bought this commander for a dollar on the sale.

All I can say it was a waste of fucking money.

The one use they have is actually allowing cons to pick up the LMG's they drop. The match I played actually saw half a squad get downed by the crew of a mortar i was trying to flank. They have pathetic dps, no usefulness beyond a brief surprise, and cost you a heavy call in.

Maybe in the 1 v 1 or 2 v 2 arena they can be semi okay, but I am finding a hard time seeing a use for this POS doctrine.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★