Login

russian armor

All grenades need to be look at

13 Dec 2014, 15:18 PM

After one of the recent balance adjustment all the Axis grenades got indirect buff due to the improvements to the squad behavior resulting in squad members being closer together.
In my opinion all the AoE profiles of all thrown explosives should be looked at and amended.

13 Dec 2014, 15:54 PM

not just the axis nades :P
13 Dec 2014, 15:55 PM

After one of the recent balance adjustment all the Axis grenades got indirect buff due to the improvements to the squad behavior resulting in squad members being closer together.
In my opinion all the AoE profiles of all thrown explosives should be looked at and amended.

It is not just Axis grenades... but I do agree, all explosive AoEs are really good right now. Losing an early full health Gren squad to an "out of the FoW" Soviet mortar round can lose you a game and vice-versa for a maxim to an early German mortar.

I do find that a lot of grenades, right now, do nothing and some wipe entire squads, I very rarely find that grenades drop a single model or do some damage, it seems like it is all or nothing.
13 Dec 2014, 16:01 PM

I wrote all grenades didn't I?
13 Dec 2014, 16:14 PM

Or simply AI can be improved so entities keep a larger distance between themselves then their dicks length when they are out of cover.
13 Dec 2014, 18:17 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Or we can have variable squad AI spread.

To be or not to be in cover.
13 Dec 2014, 20:36 PM

Units should space out outside of cover, in cover they should consider altering the modifiers so that grenades aren't instant-kill.

I saw this spacing in a game I was watching yesterday:

It was noteworthy enough to take a goddamn picture!

Make it standard!
13 Dec 2014, 20:49 PM

Units should space out outside of cover, in cover they should consider altering the modifiers so that grenades aren't instant-kill.

I saw this spacing in a game I was watching yesterday:

It was noteworthy enough to take a goddamn picture!

Make it standard!

But they need to be careful. Any more apart and Dieter may get lost :banana:
13 Dec 2014, 21:14 PM

But they need to be careful. Any more apart and Dieter may get lost :banana:

Maybe that's why the SL is pointing at shouting at him :clap:
13 Dec 2014, 21:37 PM

I know it's kind of off topic for what you're refering to but I'd like to see the Molotov animation time reduced. The Molotov itself is mostly only good for area denial and the animation is so easy to read.
13 Dec 2014, 21:58 PM

I agree that the molotov should receive a minor buff. I also think that making units space out a lot more from each other won't work until unit pathing gets a lot better.
16 Dec 2014, 00:52 AM

I agree that the molotov should receive a minor buff.

Buffing it further would make it too good imo. It already prevents axis players from using buildings effectively on any urban maps - in which the axis generally struggle already enough.

The molotov has some really good benefits even if it doesn't hit, for example: your opponent has to move away from his cover unless he wants to burn in the fire and lose his unit. This indirectly results him in taking extra damage anyways while he cannot fire back as effectively.
16 Dec 2014, 00:54 AM
Patrion 28

buffing cons would be a much better idea, they actually have a received accuracy modifier greater than 1...
16 Dec 2014, 01:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2014, 00:52 AMTNrg

Buffing it further would make it too good imo. It already prevents axis players from using buildings effectively on any urban maps - in which the axis generally struggle already enough.

The molotov has some really good benefits even if it doesn't hit, for example: your opponent has to move away from his cover unless he wants to burn in the fire and lose his unit. This indirectly results him in taking extra damage anyways while he cannot fire back as effectively.

Personally, I'd get rid of the molotov... too difficult to balance because currently it does squat...
16 Dec 2014, 01:47 AM

And allied grenades got a nerf?
16 Dec 2014, 01:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2014, 16:14 PMKatitof
Or simply AI can be improved so entities keep a larger distance between themselves then their dicks length when they are out of cover.

This. The current bunch-up is retarded.
16 Dec 2014, 02:01 AM

A full health squad will never get fully wiped in green cover. A half health squad runs a pretty high chance of getting wiped in green, and a clumped full health squad in yellow cover will pretty consistently be wiped. While the game should be more intuitive and units should spread out when more cover is available, you can still keep giving move orders to get your units into a favorable formation
16 Dec 2014, 10:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2014, 01:47 AMRupert

And allied grenades got a nerf?

To be honest rifle grenades I have the biggest issue here, as they are significantly harder to detect (no visible timer + range) especially when you're microing stuff in the meantime. Grenades with a fuse I don't mind as usually I can move the squad in time.
16 Dec 2014, 10:37 AM
Patrion 28

RGs firing with reduced, or no, warning due to whatever bugs cause it just makes it worse.
16 Dec 2014, 10:43 AM

To be honest rifle grenades I have the biggest issue here, as they are significantly harder to detect (no visible timer + range) especially when you're microing stuff in the meantime. Grenades with a fuse I don't mind as usually I can move the squad in time.

To me rifle grenades are yet another one of those cases where assymetrical balance was taken too far...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★