russian armor

Best and Worst Voice Acting

Which Faction Has the Best Voice Acting
Option Distribution Votes
30%
20%
32%
19%
Which Faction Has the Worst Voice Acting?
Option Distribution Votes
30%
33%
16%
21%
Total votes: 212
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
13 Oct 2014, 01:11 AM

HI guys, just a little topic for fun. Which faction do you guys think has the best/worst voice acting??

I think USF has the worst because the person(s) sound so whiny. It also sounds like they are yelling all the time.

I think the best voice acting is probably Ostheer (although COH2 isn't going to get any awards for sound). At least the Ostheer sounds are "dignified".
13 Oct 2014, 01:31 AM

Almost every review praises the sound of CoH2, and I'd have to agree. They do a great job of creating a battlefield atmosphere with the sound effects.

The USF easily have the worst voice acting, though.
13 Oct 2014, 02:13 AM

Permanently Banned
Wehr voice acting makes me feel like im there.

USF isnt bad. but its not the best :p
13 Oct 2014, 02:25 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Well put yourself in those USF soldiers' shoes.
you'd be screaming and whining all the time too when you're dealing with kubels and all that late game ubensmench BS all the time.

I think the voices are spot on for the USF.

Kappa

Vaz
13 Oct 2014, 04:07 AM

If we are talking English voice acting, Ost is terrible. They sound almost French to me. USF voices are spot on, I'm just tired of hearing "dopes". I'm also tired of the one line the LT has. The captains voice is also good, he just sounds a little older than he should be. I liked the German voices from CoH1 Wehr better. The German accents were much more in line with what I have typically heard from Germans speaking English to me.
13 Oct 2014, 04:23 AM
Honorary Member Badge

"Yer dopes"
"Yer dopes"
"Green as green can be"
"Yer dopes"
"Green as green can be"
"Yer dopes"

USF units seem to have very limited variations on their lines for the most common actions (reinforcing a squad to full size for example).
13 Oct 2014, 04:43 AM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2014, 01:11 AMNinjaWJ
I think USF has the worst because the person(s) sound so whiny. It also sounds like they are yelling all the time.

I think the best voice acting is probably Ostheer (although COH2 isn't going to get any awards for sound). At least the Ostheer sounds are "dignified".

Hah this is funny. I voted the opposite of you and when I read your post discovered my reasons are the same - only in reverse.
I guess this means it's hard to please everyone. Maybe different areas of the world are a factor even within the same language.
13 Oct 2014, 04:49 AM

I think Americans are whiny, seems like I hear "God damnit, someone get us outta here!" every other fight, always complaining about new orders and combat. Grenadiers on the other hand I love for their upbeat attitude, and Panzergrenadiers for their tough attitude. Same could be said for Conscripts and Shock Troops.
13 Oct 2014, 05:01 AM

I dream about native voices in COH2. To be honest I can't choose which voice acting is worst or best - all is pretty equal.
13 Oct 2014, 05:30 AM

I'm really fond of the female voice acting for the Soviets. I think that was a great touch.

Alas, the rest of that faction's voice acting makes them sound like...cartoon villains?
13 Oct 2014, 05:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2014, 04:07 AMVaz
If we are talking English voice acting, Ost is terrible. They sound almost French to me. USF voices are spot on, I'm just tired of hearing "dopes". I'm also tired of the one line the LT has. The captains voice is also good, he just sounds a little older than he should be. I liked the German voices from CoH1 Wehr better. The German accents were much more in line with what I have typically heard from Germans speaking English to me.

Was about to post pretty much exactly this.
13 Oct 2014, 06:10 AM
Donator 11

ostheer is decent, soviets just sound utterly shit with shocktroopers being the exception. USF and OKW has way too few lines and many units share the same voiceacting.
13 Oct 2014, 06:39 AM

Most of soviet units sound unnatural and ugly in both english and russian versions. Nobody talked like that. I'm okay to hear something like this in a game like Red Alert where grotesque takes place (tank factory looks like orthodoxal church?), but for CoH... that is too much. I mean voicing is good, but the phrases itself... I don't buy it.
13 Oct 2014, 06:45 AM

I think conscripts have the best voice acting in the game. All the Soviet units have some funny lines and the accent is over the top as it should be.
13 Oct 2014, 06:52 AM

All i wanted was for USF so say RIFLES ROLL OUT! again
13 Oct 2014, 06:55 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

voted ostheer as best purely for the MG42 voicelines (stalins little girls are here :D )
USF as worst, as mentioned before because of their limited lines and always shouting
13 Oct 2014, 07:00 AM

Obersoldaten has the most unsuitable voice. The picture makes him look old but the voice.......
13 Oct 2014, 07:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2014, 07:00 AMsteel
Obersoldaten has the most unsuitable voice. The picture makes him look old but the voice.......

Not in the spanish version, it is perfect.

Best? Ostheer no doubt.

Worst? USF. The commander's voice is just crap.
13 Oct 2014, 07:14 AM

merican voices for USA are good german voices for german armies are good and soviet voices for soviets are good (yes, i changed game language to hear all of them) - native voices for each army are best, dunno why we can't choose which army uses which voice
13 Oct 2014, 08:04 AM

(mentioning only eastern front armies)

I dont like the most Maxim squad's voice. It has bad acting.

Some people say phrases are bad but for example; when a t34 encounters elephant, says "f.ck! elephant!" or when you order grens to build bunker, says "build what??" or "isnt there any pioneers?".

Imo, phrases are so good. There are different phrases for any situations.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 100
unknown 6
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak