Login

russian armor

Why are there so few good players in the CoH2 playerbase.

PAGES (7)down
2 Oct 2014, 03:55 AM

No offense but when ever i play a korean or chinese player.

THE BLOB IS STRONG. they forget that this isn't StarCraft B-)

You say that like that isn't half the game already?
2 Oct 2014, 04:02 AM

This guy is my hero!

Stop it you're making me blush :blush::wub:
2 Oct 2014, 13:16 PM

Permanently Banned

No offense but when ever i play a korean or chinese player.

THE BLOB IS STRONG. they forget that this isn't StarCraft B-)

:thumbsup:
2 Oct 2014, 13:18 PM

Permanently Banned
I read so many good ideas here, but its Relic :nahnah:.
2 Oct 2014, 19:46 PM

Why would people bother with a game that offers shitty balance, shit tons of bugs and bad optimization? It might be a unique game but after 1.5 years most of the players are fed up and decided not to spend their precious time on this game.

Only thing Relic can rely is vCOH, they have nothing to show up.
2 Oct 2014, 20:21 PM

Why would people bother with a game that offers shitty balance, shit tons of bugs and bad optimization? It might be a unique game but after 1.5 years most of the players are fed up and decided not to spend their precious time on this game.

Doesn't matter how you put it, in the end we play coh2 cause it's fun and unique game.
2 Oct 2014, 20:26 PM

But why not stay on the forums, right?
3 Oct 2014, 04:42 AM

I stay because no other developper makes RTS like Relic does. I really enjoy the squad-based gameplay mechanics where things like flanking, holding territory, and positioning your vehicles matter. I played SC2 for sometime, and while I made Platinum, the playstyle of either doing all-in cheese, or waiting 20 minutes before smashing two blobs into each other was not appealing in the least.

It's enough to make me gloss over the bugs, horrible optimization, so-so overall balance, shitty superheavy meta, early game cheese, one-hit kill bullshit, inconsistent patching, and the godawful War Spoils system. But I can tell you that if Relic had a solid competitor in their genre, I would most likely jump ship in a heartbeat.

Not that I'm a pro player or anything. Just giving my 2 cents.
3 Oct 2014, 05:18 AM

You are 100% right.
This game is shit. The actual status of balance never was so bad. They completely destroyed USF and Ostheer factions. USF above all, but nevertheless ostheer too.

USF - paper infantry, useless artilery, paper armor. You have nothing, NOTHING to work with, except some off-maps maybe. You can't even try to boost your resources through caches, because at the rate you lose infantry you can't allow yourself to build such things. And even if you do, what you will build? Shermanns? Effective against infantry, what are you gonna do against tanks? M36? Effective against tanks, what are you gonna do against shrecks?

Ostheer - they destroyed the Ostheer backbone, its grenadiers. Grenadiers now are pure shit. They are now having trouble defeating russian combat engeneers. Ostheer didn't shine through its infantry in the past, but now, it's even worst, broken beyond reason. Apart from AGs which are doctrinal or PZgrens which are anyway build from T2, you have no infantry to work with. PzIV to expensive, Tiger stupidly nerfed.

Balance? Maybe between Ostheer and USF - 2 paper factions fighting each other, but when it comes to fight against OKW or soviets, it's over.

Yes, most of my game time is with Axis but I hate to have no challange. I swiched sides for USF few days ago and it's a "no go". Related to Ostheer, I figured it out immediately after patch that it was nurfed shitless.

Never untill now the game was so broken. And it's not only about 3v3 or 4v4. I'm seriously thinking to quit. If I'm loosing my time playing a game, I expect at least this game to be interesting, challanging and balanced. Otherwise I will go play Rome II or some shooter. Having in view the current state of balance, Rome II feels more and more attractive.
3 Oct 2014, 05:31 AM

Just stepped away from 1v1 for now,

- Soviet
I just hate its design, cheese and callin-fest, period

- Ostheer
Gren is totally FUCKED UP, there is ABSOLUTELY no reason to get them because they are SO TRASH without LMG42, yet they have more reinforcement cost than Rifles, lol. And I was forced to use cheesy thing like close air support ammunition transfer splitting out 4-5 LMG from the Gren ass making them finally able to kill something, or get WTFpwn by ROFl Elite Rifles. It is boring.

Or? I just get Osttruppen which is much cheaper and more viable than Gren (good fearing job, Relic), but the doctrine has no late game viable ability.

- OKW
To Kubel or not to Kubel
- Use it, easy win
- Not use it, get raped

=> All games are the same again

- USF
OK, their early game are crazily good (except Kubel on field), but just passed 10 mins, everyone is squishy like fuck and I almost want all my Rifles go to hell and stop bleeding my manpower. P47 is OP but it is the only saving grace of USF late game. Bad design, bad design indeed.
3 Oct 2014, 05:34 AM

Just stepped away from 1v1 for now,

- Soviet
I just hate its design, cheese and callin-fest, period

- Ostheer
Gren is totally FUCKED UP, there is ABSOLUTELY no reason to get them because they are SO TRASH without LMG42, yet they have more reinforcement cost than Rifles, lol. And I was forced to use cheesy thing like close air support ammunition transfer splitting out 4-5 LMG from the Gren ass making them finally able to kill something, or get WTFpwn by ROFl Elite Rifles. It is boring.

- OKW
To Kubel or not to Kubel
- Use it, easy win
- Not use it, get raped

=> All games are the same again

- USF
OK, their early game are crazily good (except Kubel on field), but just passed 10 mins, everyone is squishy like fuck and I almost want all my Rifles go to hell and stop bleeding my manpower. P47 is OP but it is the only saving grace of USF late game. Bad design, bad design indeed.

Completely agree to you bro. I have exactly the same feeling about all factions. Related to grenadiers, I dunno HOW some people on these forums are saying they are good, I currently AVOID building them, it's a complete waste of manpower and time.
3 Oct 2014, 05:52 AM

Related to grenadiers, I dunno HOW some people on these forums are saying they are good,

Scaling to late game. Abilities. Veterancy.

3 Oct 2014, 06:50 AM

Scaling to late game. Abilities. Veterancy.

Ye, you scall them to late game. Same problem as for USF rifles against OKW: retreat them from every engagement (AKA loosing every engagement) or stay and loose them instead. Then after late game when you "scalled them" it won't realy matter because they will be incinerated by KV-8, one shotted by ISU, etc etc... and, if you avoided combat in order to preserve them you will probably sit on 20-30% of the map. Advantage: your opponent, of course.
3 Oct 2014, 07:38 AM

Ye, you scall them to late game. Same problem as for USF rifles against OKW: retreat them from every engagement (AKA loosing every engagement) or stay and loose them instead. Then after late game when you "scalled them" it won't realy matter because they will be incinerated by KV-8, one shotted by ISU, etc etc... and, if you avoided combat in order to preserve them you will probably sit on 20-30% of the map. Advantage: your opponent, of course.

Gren suffer the same fate that vCOH rifles suffered against PE PG, they are useless unless they are highly blobbed or upgunned, you need to avoid engagement or bleed manpower right away.

But Gren didn't have the superior capping speed and mobility. :(
3 Oct 2014, 08:59 AM

As a conclusion USF and Ostheer broken, I can't see a reason for wich I would play untill next patch. If that patch will be as broken as this one or not fixing the balance, I quit and throw COH2 to garbage. Stupid game, stupid balance. SC 2 is balanced. Why? It cost money to achieve balance, money Relic won't invest. As far as I know, Blizzard payed top players to play this game for a year before release. Result: balance. Quality is hard and costly to achieve.
3 Oct 2014, 09:24 AM

Wait, no one has any more input regarding balance? I wonder if there is any unit that isn't quite balanced. If so, please let us know cause I don't think there's any threads on the forums about it, so better make this into one.
3 Oct 2014, 13:40 PM
Coder Red Badge

Gren suffer the same fate that vCOH rifles suffered against PE PG, they are useless unless they are highly blobbed or upgunned, you need to avoid engagement or bleed manpower right away.

But Gren didn't have the superior capping speed and mobility. :(

Rifles actually beat PGs 1v1. So yeah...

Balance never was, and never will be, the core problem with CoH2. It's just really poorly designed. The core factions are extremely basic because their business model revolves around using commanders, which they can sell, to add strategic diversity and new units/abilities to the factions. All you do in CoH2 is build more units, and the more commanders they release, the harder it becomes for the balance team to do anything constructive. Balance is just an easy thing to harp on because it's readily available.
3 Oct 2014, 14:14 PM

I'm away from this game for 1 month. No motivation since there is no rank system or faceplates linked to your ELO.

But my main reason is the lack of balance and the wrong steps from relic balance department. Big old problems are still existing.

I will keep checking for news just in case they convince me to get back.
3 Oct 2014, 19:04 PM

I'll PM you my opinion on this.

I'd rather not derail this thread.

4 Oct 2014, 02:11 AM

too much long range firepower thrown around everywhere. there's rarely meatgrinder infantry fights. its always either you roll his infantry, or his infantry roll yours.

grenades have little impact in the game, its much easier to A move with lmgs than leave cover and get chopped up to bits while throwing a nade.

hmgs are again, outperformed by lmgs who have more ranged dps than them yet are unable to pin infantry down effectively. on the side note, do obers get insane suppression resistance when vetted?

all these little stuff makes distinguishing good players from the average ones.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS