Login

russian armor

Kubel counterplay

18 Sep 2014, 08:01 AM

The sad part is, next time they will overnerf the unit and kubel will be useless again ;)
18 Sep 2014, 08:29 AM

I am actually really annoyed with this now. Sturmpio + truck + kubel straight to the cut-off on open maps is impossible to stop and is literally instant win for OKW unless they are stupid as fuck. There is no way to counter this.

Minsk, Langres North and Crossing North (lesser extent) are all extremely difficult to win.

I am done with trying to figure it out as I have tested eveyrthing. The only possible viable options on open cut off maps is:
  • Rifle Company - Ensure your vet 1 rifle is the unit that does not get suppressed and you can force the kubel to instantly pick up due to threat of AT nade. Lose this early key engagement and its all but game over.
  • Mechanized Company - Roll out with the 1CP jeep and attack move as soon as possible into the Kubel before they get a panzershreck (lucky if they don't have one anlready).

I am done with this shit now. To many assholes are abusing it, especially the bad mannered people within the community. Hate seeing these numb skulls getting easy wins.

welcome to the club :D

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2014, 08:01 AMjajaja
The sad part is, next time they will overnerf the unit and kubel will be useless again ;)

That would be allot less bad than having it op like it is now.
18 Sep 2014, 08:35 AM

they not going to do that or they would have done it same patch the ass engineers.
18 Sep 2014, 08:41 AM

Doesnt the maxim use the bike turning plan? :P

Yes and no, they're in different files but the maxim one is just straight copy and paste from the motorcycle turning plan.
18 Sep 2014, 08:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2014, 08:35 AMEsxile
they not going to do that or they would have done it same patch the ass engineers.

They will, just stay consistent in pointing out the problem because right now they think people just need to adapt and come up with solutions to counter it. Only thing is I doubt that they have any clue what this solution is. They buffed the kubel but never thought about the counter.
18 Sep 2014, 09:10 AM

Yeah, something needs to change in the OKW-US match-up, Kubel is very strong there. On cut-off maps it's a little beast.

But vs Soviets I don't think so. Just before the patch the Soviet-OKW match was very bad for OKW. Flamer M3, snipers trololol. Did just a bit more range on the Kubel change that completely? I don't think so.

M3 is on a fairly even footing, Maxim can't be suppressed + does decent damage and ATG takes 90% of its health.

If they move the damn sov M3 out of T1, I'd say nerf dat Kubel. But while sovs have such a powerful early game vehicle, I think the opposing side should too.

18 Sep 2014, 10:24 AM

Yeah, something needs to change in the OKW-US match-up, Kubel is very strong there. On cut-off maps it's a little beast.

But vs Soviets I don't think so. Just before the patch the Soviet-OKW match was very bad for OKW. Flamer M3, snipers trololol. Did just a bit more range on the Kubel change that completely? I don't think so.

M3 is on a fairly even footing, Maxim can't be suppressed + does decent damage and ATG takes 90% of its health.

If they move the damn sov M3 out of T1, I'd say nerf dat Kubel. But while sovs have such a powerful early game vehicle, I think the opposing side should too.

1. they did a big damage/suppression increase
2. not when its target size is 10 and zis misses against it all the time

did u read the patch notes and kubel is op thread? It would clarify all those misconceptions.
18 Sep 2014, 11:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2014, 08:41 AMCruzz

Yes and no, they're in different files but the maxim one is just straight copy and paste from the motorcycle turning plan.

For some unknown to hummanity and completely beyond any logic plan, USF .30 cal uses exactly the same mechanic as maxim.

Apparently USF machinegunners weren't told how to turn around and they believe they have 4 wheels with no reverse. I don't want to insult relic, but how high/stupid/drunk one have to be to mirror .30 cal movement to the one of Maxim instead of MG42/34. I mean... seriously?
18 Sep 2014, 11:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2014, 11:14 AMKatitof

For some unknown to hummanity and completely beyond any logic plan, USF .30 cal uses exactly the same mechanic as maxim.

Apparently USF machinegunners weren't told how to turn around and they believe they have 4 wheels with no reverse. I don't want to insult relic, but how high/stupid/drunk one have to be to mirror .30 cal movement to the one of Maxim instead of MG42/34. I mean... seriously?

ssshhh, they are shy and nice people, do not blame them!
18 Sep 2014, 12:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2014, 11:58 AMEsxile

ssshhh, they are shy and nice people, do not blame them!

I foresee a whole month wait for a hotfix.

18 Sep 2014, 12:07 PM

I am actually really annoyed with this now. Sturmpio + truck + kubel straight to the cut-off on open maps is impossible to stop and is literally instant win for OKW unless they are stupid as fuck. There is no way to counter this.

Minsk, Langres North and Crossing North (lesser extent) are all extremely difficult to win.

I am done with trying to figure it out as I have tested eveyrthing. The only possible viable options on open cut off maps is:
  • Rifle Company - Ensure your vet 1 rifle is the unit that does not get suppressed and you can force the kubel to instantly pick up due to threat of AT nade. Lose this early key engagement and its all but game over.
  • Mechanized Company - Roll out with the 1CP jeep and attack move as soon as possible into the Kubel before they get a panzershreck (lucky if they don't have one anlready).

I am done with this shit now. To many assholes are abusing it, especially the bad mannered people within the community. Hate seeing these numb skulls getting easy wins.

This, so much.

The feeling when you get locked down in your base sector for four mins at the start of the game because you got three KBW hounding your front door.
18 Sep 2014, 12:31 PM

Despite the current discussion regarding Kubel's I would like to re-iterate the OP's Points regarding The 2cp passive construction abilities. I wholeheartedly agree that the ability should be moved to 0cp, what possible reason is there for it to be a 2cp ability? After all , all of the constructs can be built within the first ten seconds of the game by other units..
18 Sep 2014, 12:31 PM

I knew this was a problem the first game I played after the patch. Kubel is objectively OP in that it costs no fuel, suppresses fast, can rotate to stop flanks, and can reverse out of danger quickly. It has none of the vulnerabilities of regular MGs.

I'd like to get word from a balance dev on when or if Kubel will be adjusted.
18 Sep 2014, 13:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

With that kind of logic, you are not gonna have a balanced game.
Kubel with proper micro don't have to fear an M3.
KubelS with proper micro can chase down an M3. On 2v2 you won't face double T1, so it's either T1 and T2 or SU and USF. 1 or more Kubel per player neutralizes T1 play.
18 Sep 2014, 13:50 PM

The core issue here isnt the kubel its self, its usf unit structure. you notice no has a issue with the kubel when playing as soviets, as there are plenty of options to counter the kubel. USF T1 needs more than just riflemen. Maybe add a scout jeep like coh or move the m20 and put a higher price tag like 35-45 fuel.

Any ways I just think that just being able to build rifles is fucking stupid while your opponent can build a rang of AT, support and Infantry units and this is the core problem in my a pinion

I probably just need to L2P but I have problems with it as Soviets as well - it takes far too much time and usually combined arms of more than one unit to deal with a single Kuble, and that's not including the inevitable SPERM-Pios that are always lurking around it!
I agree though the main issue is the USF's inability to produce anything but the RE and Riflemen. What happened to the scout jeepwith it's 50 cal? Maybe even introduce a new light vehilce there?
18 Sep 2014, 13:52 PM

For the first time I ran into the Semios pin with two OKWs using kubals and having them waiting at both the bridge crossing. To add insult to injury after pushing my rifles off with strum pios they wired off the closest crossing... and then they proceeded to taunt us to come and attack through the south crossing. Ally got some penals to blow the wire and waste his munitions on it and the by the time we got out of the pin here comes the Puma. The lesson learned was rush into the center and hope in the buildings for the first 2 minutes of the game to ensure a kubal doesnt show up with sturms and get you into the semios pin....

The fact that Aslt engs got an immediate hot fix and that there hasn't been any type of response from relic about the Kubal and the OKW truck push and as building demolition vehicle irks me.
18 Sep 2014, 14:09 PM

I probably just need to L2P but I have problems with it as Soviets as well - it takes far too much time and usually combined arms of more than one unit to deal with a single Kuble, and that's not including the inevitable SPERM-Pios that are always lurking around it!
I agree though the main issue is the USF's inability to produce anything but the RE and Riflemen. What happened to the scout jeepwith it's 50 cal? Maybe even introduce a new light vehilce there?

I would LOVE to have the US jeep back. 280mp unit available from the start; same dps and handling as current Kubel but no suppression and higher health so that it could beat a Kubel in a 1v1 situation. Would add a little spice to USF openings. The more I think about it, the more I want my jeep back lol.
18 Sep 2014, 14:54 PM
Donator 22

I knew this was a problem the first game I played after the patch. Kubel is objectively OP in that it costs no fuel, suppresses fast, can rotate to stop flanks, and can reverse out of danger quickly. It has none of the vulnerabilities of regular MGs.

I'd like to get word from a balance dev on when or if Kubel will be adjusted.

it will definitely nerfed I guess, but it takes time to test some options. Makes no sense to increase the fuel cost to 5-10, when the OKW starts already with 40 fuel.
18 Sep 2014, 18:14 PM

it will definitely nerfed I guess, but it takes time to test some options. Makes no sense to increase the fuel cost to 5-10, when the OKW starts already with 40 fuel.

It will delay teching, it will delay the time a puma arrives it will widen the window in which a us counter can operate.
18 Sep 2014, 19:01 PM

This really does need to be hotfixed soon. USF simply can't do anything againts this on alot of maps.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★