Login

russian armor

Kubel counterplay

17 Sep 2014, 21:47 PM

Kubels actually suppress rifles efficiently even in green cover, 7/10 this tends to happen whenever I play. It gets ridiculous at times. And attempting to flank a Kubel with 2 rifle squads is also a challenge considering it can quickly move over to suppress the second rifle squad coming at it.
17 Sep 2014, 21:55 PM

Disabling reverse gear in kubel could be a good start, like vCoH bike.
Kiting infantry when your enemy only has 2 units in the map is too powerful.
17 Sep 2014, 23:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2014, 21:55 PMGreeb
Disabling reverse gear in kubel could be a good start, like vCoH bike.
Kiting infantry when your enemy only has 2 units in the map is too powerful.

The game engine doesn't allow that, moreover it would basically become a death sentence whenever 2-3 squads are charging the Kübelwagen.
Increase build time, add some fuel costs and then the unit is fine in my opinion.
17 Sep 2014, 23:11 PM

The game engine doesn't allow that.

There was this thing called the Motorbike in coh1. For which the files are still even in coh2, though unused. There is pretty much zero reason for breaking non-reversing units, so why would they have?
17 Sep 2014, 23:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2014, 23:11 PMCruzz

There was this thing called the Motorbike in coh1. For which the files are still even in coh2, though unused. There is pretty much zero reason for breaking non-reversing units, so why would they have?

Ahh I might mixed that up with the fact that reversing is as fast as driving forward.
Yet still doesn't that heavily break immersion, when a car is unable to hit the R gear?
17 Sep 2014, 23:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2014, 20:55 PMGreeb
It's obvious that new kubel needs a fuel cost to prevent early spam.

+ 10000000000000000000000000
17 Sep 2014, 23:58 PM

Fuel cost and lower acceleration.
18 Sep 2014, 00:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2014, 21:47 PMVonIvan
Kubels actually suppress rifles efficiently even in green cover, 7/10 this tends to happen whenever I play. It gets ridiculous at times. And attempting to flank a Kubel with 2 rifle squads is also a challenge considering it can quickly move over to suppress the second rifle squad coming at it.

it happens with other mg aswell doesn't it ? green cover rarely saves you from suppression, often one guy just gets out and get everyone pinned, or the squad still get pinned with everyone in cover. This doesn't seem to happen as much with Axis squads due to smaller size ?
18 Sep 2014, 00:11 AM

Give it a small fuel cost, lower the acceleration and decrease the sight range. By all means it's broken now in a lot of maps, but keep in mind that USF will end up receiving some buffs (AT-nade fixes, zook buff, or just dps). I really hate the design of the damn thing but it's necessary since okw needs a suppressing unit.
18 Sep 2014, 00:14 AM

The core issue here isnt the kubel its self, its usf unit structure. you notice no has a issue with the kubel when playing as soviets, as there are plenty of options to counter the kubel. USF T1 needs more than just riflemen. Maybe add a scout jeep like coh or move the m20 and put a higher price tag like 35-45 fuel.

Any ways I just think that just being able to build rifles is fucking stupid while your opponent can build a rang of AT, support and Infantry units and this is the core problem in my a pinion
18 Sep 2014, 00:25 AM

The core issue here isnt the kubel its self, its usf unit structure. you notice no has a issue with the kubel when playing as soviets, as there are plenty of options to counter the kubel. USF T1 needs more than just riflemen. Maybe add a scout jeep like coh or move the m20 and put a higher price tag like 35-45 fuel.

Any ways I just think that just being able to build rifles is fucking stupid while your opponent can build a rang of AT, support and Infantry units and this is the core problem in my a pinion

i'm pretty sure soviets have issues with it aswell. It forces them to go m3, and even then it's rng based. Conscripts on the other hand have less dps than rifles so it's harder to kill this damn thing given how fast it is.

Even AT units often miss it. Seeing that thing get missed by several su76 or su85 shots in a row while stationnary is unfuriating, when m3 get hit almost all the time
18 Sep 2014, 00:30 AM

Easy fixes change the Kubel and the MG43 around. US will have no problem with dealing with a normal mg with rifle men, and the OKW will get a HMG that scales into the late game. Should make the Kuble a CP 1 or 2 thought, again giving time for the US to have answers.
18 Sep 2014, 03:50 AM

More build time is the simplest solution to me. Give the rifles/cons time to get on the field in numbers to actually flank it. And a 2 kubel start would put more of a strain on okw's capping if they took a while to build.

As it stands, my first con/rifle frequently finds a kubel waiting for it like a bully on the way home from school.
18 Sep 2014, 04:00 AM

i'm pretty sure soviets have itssues with it aswell. It forces them to go m3, and even then it's rng based. Conscripts on the other hand have less dps than rifles so it's harder to kill this damn thing given how fast it is.

Even AT units often miss it. Seeing that thing get missed by several su76 or su85 shots in a row while stationnary is unfuriating, when m3 get hit almost all the time

its still better opitions than just throwing more rifles at It!
18 Sep 2014, 04:02 AM

The new kubel seems a lot stronger now. Right now it seems like it is a mobile MG42 on wheels that can zip around and instasupress your units
18 Sep 2014, 04:12 AM

Actualy one of my biggest complaints isn't the suppression, its the insane Dps the thing has. Most Mg's do a bit of damage, but not much, the kubel shreds infantry like a hot knife through butter.
18 Sep 2014, 04:12 AM

Ahh I might mixed that up with the fact that reversing is as fast as driving forward.
Yet still doesn't that heavily break immersion, when a car is unable to hit the R gear?

You're talking about a game where tank combat happens at 50 meters and snipers can turn around, go prone and land a headshot in 2 seconds without fail.

Personally, the no reverse thing seems a bit much. It means it's pretty much always boned if compromised, especially with this game's pathing. I'm up for a fuel cost and an acceleration OR sight range decrease.
18 Sep 2014, 06:12 AM

Reverse sturmpio and kubel latest changes. And everyone will be happy.
18 Sep 2014, 07:19 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2014, 23:11 PMCruzz

Doesnt the maxim use the bike turning plan? :P
18 Sep 2014, 07:34 AM

I am actually really annoyed with this now. Sturmpio + truck + kubel straight to the cut-off on open maps is impossible to stop and is literally instant win for OKW unless they are stupid as fuck. There is no way to counter this.

Minsk, Langres North and Crossing North (lesser extent) are all extremely difficult to win.

I am done with trying to figure it out as I have tested eveyrthing. The only possible viable options on open cut off maps is:
  • Rifle Company - Ensure your vet 1 rifle is the unit that does not get suppressed and you can force the kubel to instantly pick up due to threat of AT nade. Lose this early key engagement and its all but game over.
  • Mechanized Company - Roll out with the 1CP jeep and attack move as soon as possible into the Kubel before they get a panzershreck (lucky if they don't have one anlready).

I am done with this shit now. To many assholes are abusing it, especially the bad mannered people within the community. Hate seeing these numb skulls getting easy wins.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★