Login

russian armor

Kubel counterplay

17 Sep 2014, 15:05 PM

I think the kubel problem is that the USF cannot counter the kubel with riflemen which is of course all they can build at the start.

If they decreased the CP requirements on rifleman field defenses do 0 cps than i think all three abilities wouldd help alot in beating kubelwagens.

It makes sense that sandbags(volks get from the start) Fighting positions(REs get from the start) and Light at mines(AEs get from the start) could come at 0 cps since all the abilities are available vs the start. All three abilities would aid in the countering of kubel wagens by rifles

If OKW has to wait for 1 cp for a machine gun please give the USF their piles of dirt at 0 cps
17 Sep 2014, 15:44 PM

You want doctrinal abilities in order to beat a none doctrinal unit? GG

There are several other none doctrinal options in how to balance the Kubel vs. USF. Tweaking/cost increase of the M20 and make it available from T0 or increase range and damage of the AT nade are a few different things Relic could do.
17 Sep 2014, 16:04 PM

Kubels are weak against attacks from two directions, and cannot suppress units in green cover. Even rear echelons will damage a kubel enough that it has to cede ground.
17 Sep 2014, 16:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2014, 16:04 PMtengen
Kubels are weak against attacks from two directions, and cannot suppress units in green cover. Even rear echelons will damage a kubel enough that it has to cede ground.

Sumę, but kubel never appears alone. There are always stormpio. Kubel alone is easy to handle but with stormpio it s deadly combination. U need at least 3 rifle squad to counter it. As okw I can repel even 4-5 squads with kubel stormpio and volks. Just micro will enough
17 Sep 2014, 16:56 PM

Building a fighting poistion at your cutoff also helps secure it.
It kind of hands the momentuum to the OKW player though
17 Sep 2014, 17:12 PM

I don't think this is an end all solution, but i just think it would both more give ways to mitigate kubel damage and take out the kubel, which is sorely needed in the current meta

Also irregardless of the kubel is it so hard to ask for 0 cps on a fricken sandbag ability
17 Sep 2014, 17:27 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I guess sandbags OP, they give too much utility :P
17 Sep 2014, 17:33 PM

Lost to this nasty double Kubel, close-to-front line Medic truck strat. How do I counter that? I am still learning to play as USF, but he pushes me back no matter where I go and base traps me at the start of the match.

Look at my playercard, I love to play as OKW, but even I have to say that the new Kubel is too good and needs a tweak.
17 Sep 2014, 18:13 PM

You can't counter it with USF 'till M20 but at that time most of OKW players have mines or shrecks, 43s. Better giving up in the beginning.
17 Sep 2014, 18:29 PM

Pray that it will be map with buildings and your opponent will not use truck push to destroy them.
17 Sep 2014, 19:36 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Yes I'm still trying to refine this a little bit. It helps very much, and if you think about it 240 mp kubel doesn't scale into late game, 125 mp fighting position also doesn't scale, but USf had to spend a little bit less (but it is static).

It breaks suppression for nearby rifles and of course the nades force kubel to keep moving so it cannot get its bonus.

It's map dependent and you have to get it up in time but positioned well it is very good I think.

It's a little strange as USF to have to turtle a little bit early game but once first USF vehicle comes out it will come down to micro and mine placement/sweeping etc.
17 Sep 2014, 20:05 PM

Why would the OKW player let you build a fighting position?

On many maps the first Kubel reaches the cutoff about at the same time as your RE.
17 Sep 2014, 20:34 PM

Yep every game same thing, kubel & Sturm pioneer rush you cut off. Even had up to three kubel rush my cut off which impossible to counter with only rilfes. Every game I exspect a kubel rush, so I always stay close to buildings and on semoski I ALWAYS rush to get into the building at the cutoff/choke point as a semoski base pin will make it extreamely hard to come back from. I find flight postions do help expecially on maps like K Ferma south cutoff. I think the kubel could do with small turing rotation drecrease tho
17 Sep 2014, 20:55 PM

It's obvious that new kubel needs a fuel cost to prevent early spam.
Vaz
17 Sep 2014, 21:10 PM

This stupid thing has to be either op or up?
17 Sep 2014, 21:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2014, 20:55 PMGreeb
It's obvious that new kubel needs a fuel cost to prevent early spam.

OKW still starts with 40 fuel so even with a high cost of 20 fuel each they could still get two straight off and then nearly have enough fuel for the third one by the time the manpower gathers up.

Mind, I do think the current Kubel performance warrants atleast 10f and they should also slow down the build time by like 15s to make the USF situation a bit more bearable.

As something of a hint, building tank traps while capping with rear echelons is useful because the RE squad can hide fully behind that green cover (rifles won't usually) and they fuck up with kubel pathing and truck pushing

17 Sep 2014, 21:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2014, 19:36 PMRomeo

Yes I'm still trying to refine this a little bit. It helps very much, and if you think about it 240 mp kubel doesn't scale into late game, 125 mp fighting position also doesn't scale, but USf had to spend a little bit less (but it is static).

It breaks suppression for nearby rifles and of course the nades force kubel to keep moving so it cannot get its bonus.

I dont understand this part what exactly does it do to nearby rifle squads?

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2014, 19:36 PMRomeo
It's map dependent and you have to get it up in time but positioned well it is very good I think.

It's a little strange as USF to have to turtle a little bit early game but once first USF vehicle comes out it will come down to micro and mine placement/sweeping etc.

It basically destroys the game for USF because what little fun you had with infantry at the beginning of the game is gone. Now its stall until m20, he stalls until puma, you stall until sherman, and so forth.
17 Sep 2014, 21:21 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2014, 21:10 PMVaz

Sounds like the Grand Old Duke of York ;)
17 Sep 2014, 21:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2014, 21:19 PMAbdul

I dont understand this part what exactly does it do to nearby rifle squads?

Same way any other building breaks it, you crawl inside and wait for the suppression to clear.
17 Sep 2014, 21:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2014, 21:10 PMVaz

This whole high risk high reward faction is stupid in design and this unit is a perfect example. I dont think they will ever know how to get it balanced.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★