Login

russian armor

Jagdtiger - The Gamebreaker

PAGES (10)down
1 Oct 2014, 08:20 AM

Not that strange for that big gun to shoot trough a house and kill a tank behind it. But it is cool to see and kinda stupid when the jagdtiger shoots trough 4-5 houses and hit with full damage :D
Is it possible for Relic to make that damage is hugely reduced after the first house? And lets say impossible to penetrate 3rd house after the first and second? Even more to tweak if the house is made from brick or just wooden house, so that matters too in final stopping power that hits the target at end?
If the engine(of game) allows that kind of stuff to be put in game, then that should be "optimal" thing to put it to balance that unit and keep it between fun and not annoying.

Shooting through houses should reduce accuracy!
1 Oct 2014, 08:38 AM

I think it is just an ignoreterrain = 1
1 Oct 2014, 12:03 PM

Jadgtiger should have the same "Concrete Piercing Round" ability than ISU-152, at the same price.

Shooting through buildings for free without penalties of any kind is just lame.
1 Oct 2014, 12:44 PM

Heeey, you forgot P-47 air attack from Paras doctrine. A few missiles can bring that thing to 30% life. Allied have counters to JagdTiger. They only have to.... oh, USE THEM.

P-47 is too OP.

1 Oct 2014, 12:47 PM

P-47 is too OP.

Lol, that was actualy a good one :D
1 Oct 2014, 12:52 PM

Lol, that was actualy a good one :D

I'm sorry but did I just see truck shooting down plane?
1 Oct 2014, 13:22 PM

Well it this thread is really interesting it's complaining about a unit which was designed to counter mainly the isu. And that's why it can shoot through walls, sure someone might say that it's impossible to flank but....it's not somewhere will be a gap in the enemy line and then you should be able to strike. The jagdtiger has some serious disadvantages, it's slow (very slow), expensive and gets stunned even by an at gun. Now if you remove the wall shooting and the longer range like some here suggested you'll have an elephant without spotting and that gets stunned instantly when the isu shoots back and we shouldn't forget that it is mainly 2 isus vs. 1 jt. An easy prey right, too easy for an unit the okw player has spent his whole fuel on. And if you want to destroy the jt without any problems just build a b4 or two maybe that will solve the problem.

Finally someone that understands
1 Oct 2014, 13:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Oct 2014, 12:03 PMGreeb
Jadgtiger should have the same "Concrete Piercing Round" ability than ISU-152, at the same price.

Shooting through buildings for free without penalties of any kind is just lame.

Oneshotting vet 5 inf squads is kinda lame too right? And such a slow unit which is able to get stunned when anything hits will be much weaker when you can't shoot through buildings anymore.
1 Oct 2014, 13:49 PM

I'm not a good player, and in the couple of times I've encountered the JT in 4v4 as a Soviet player, I took it out without breaking much of a sweat.

First time was with an ISU-152 on Steppes. Had some Guards Rifle infantry supporting me with Button, and I had the Mark Vehicle ability as well. Not sure if my AT gun was there too. It had little to no support, so it went down hard.

Second time was on City 17 with my T34/85s. I blasted the infantry blobs that were in the vanguard and they immediately retreated. I then engaged the JT from the front with my Zis, while my T34/85s took turns flanking from different sides. I learned the hard way that it can shoot through buildings, but even then I took it down without getting totally thrashed (pretty sure it was marked, not sure about Button though).

Maybe I got lucky? I just think that if someone is using an IS2 and a JT pops up, he's kind of been countered because of his choice of Commander. No Mark Vehicle, no Button, no artillery; just slow lumbering tanks that are ideal targets.

Still, I'm more scared of Kubels than I am of JTs.
1 Oct 2014, 13:56 PM

I'm not a good player, and in the couple of times I've encountered the JT in 4v4 as a Soviet player, I took it out without breaking much of a sweat.

First time was with an ISU-152 on Steppes. Had some Guards Rifle infantry supporting me with Button, and I had the Mark Vehicle ability as well. Not sure if my AT gun was there too. It had little to no support, so it went down hard.

Second time was on City 17 with my T34/85s. I blasted the infantry blobs that were in the vanguard and they immediately retreated. I then engaged the JT from the front with my Zis, while my T34/85s took turns flanking from different sides. I learned the hard way that it can shoot through buildings, but even then I took it down without getting totally thrashed (pretty sure it was marked, not sure about Button though).

Maybe I got lucky? I just think that if someone is using an IS2 and a JT pops up, he's kind of been countered because of his choice of Commander. No Mark Vehicle, no Button, no artillery; just slow lumbering tanks that are ideal targets.

Still, I'm more scared of Kubels than I am of JTs.

You didn't get lucky you summed up the weaknesses of the JT very well.
1 Oct 2014, 14:09 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Oct 2014, 08:17 AM$nuffy

Exactly. I might be an average player, but I've lost several JT's to better players than me. If the game isn't a stomp against a total noobs, and the resources are split in half for that long a game for JT to arrive - the enemy will have a whole pallete of armor and abilities to throw against it. I play mostly large team games, ...

same could have been said same about the past OP isu152/elephant and current op isu152.
1 Oct 2014, 14:33 PM

Well I think I said it before earlier in this thread, but even if you have enough tanks, you are still at a disadvantage due to better Axis AT.......an AI
1 Oct 2014, 15:06 PM

I nad today really awesome 2v2 on road to kharkov. Me usf and soviet team mate vs 2x OKW. I went for thunderbolt and my teammate for terror so no call ins. They attacked with blob of volks, obers, KT and JT. We nad 1 Sherman,1 Su85 and 2 Jacksons.with help of p-47 we killed them and lost only 1 jackson. But it was more like wrong use of JT and thunderbolt rather than Jacksons. And this map gives you some ability to flank. It is counterable but it's to hard. No matter how good you are,you will kill it only if enemy makes a mistake.

JT was designed to counter ISU? So it has better range, right? No need to shoot through everything.

Johnny, did truck shoot down plane on this video?
1 Oct 2014, 17:25 PM

I nad today really awesome 2v2 on road to kharkov. Me usf and soviet team mate vs 2x OKW. I went for thunderbolt and my teammate for terror so no call ins. They attacked with blob of volks, obers, KT and JT. We nad 1 Sherman,1 Su85 and 2 Jacksons.with help of p-47 we killed them and lost only 1 jackson.

Thank you for listening to my P 47 storry and for using the thing. I TOLD YOU.

Johnny, did truck shoot down plane on this video?

Don't really know bro, couldn't figure it out. Like I said, it's not impossible, that could happen. Never to me though.
1 Oct 2014, 17:44 PM
Patrion 310

Nerfing the Jagdtiger and ISUs would be even more OP in team games.

1 Oct 2014, 17:59 PM

Thank you for listening to my P 47 storry and for using the thing. I TOLD YOU.

Don't really know bro, couldn't figure it out. Like I said, it's not impossible, that could happen. Never to me though.

Im 100% sure it was truck cause it happens to me all the time and You can see at the end it's aiming a second plane
1 Oct 2014, 18:16 PM

JT is OP in team games, no discussion here.

There have already been several suggestions on how to fix/improve the situation. I think it´s hilarious how Relic nerfed the Ele/ISU (and rightfully so!) because they saw how they were too OP with their huge range. Now they introduce another unit that is even worse than ISU/Ele have ever been?

For me, this applies to 95% of all team games: if I have the JT, I win. If the enemy has it, I lose. If you make it to the top 100 in team games, people are not retarded anymore.
Good luck flanking it (hello Volk shreck mob! Oh, you brought only your paper armor?) or hitting it with arty (I´ll drive away and if I get hit, I´ll repair, whatevs).

Btw. the the OKW flak truck shoots P47 down like flies, so much for that JohnnyB.
1 Oct 2014, 19:59 PM

JT is OP in team games, no discussion here.

There have already been several suggestions on how to fix/improve the situation. I think it´s hilarious how Relic nerfed the Ele/ISU (and rightfully so!) because they saw how they were too OP with their huge range. Now they introduce another unit that is even worse than ISU/Ele have ever been?

For me, this applies to 95% of all team games: if I have the JT, I win. If the enemy has it, I lose. If you make it to the top 100 in team games, people are not retarded anymore.
Good luck flanking it (hello Volk shreck mob! Oh, you brought only your paper armor?) or hitting it with arty (I´ll drive away and if I get hit, I´ll repair, whatevs).

Btw. the the OKW flak truck shoots P47 down like flies, so much for that JohnnyB.

Yeah the problem is that the isu is an even more gamebreaking unit and have you ever played jt vs 2 b4s it's useless if you have those.
1 Oct 2014, 20:14 PM

Nerfing the Jagdtiger and ISUs would be even more OP in team games.

See:

The solution seems obvious....

The ISU got its AT buff during a time when there was no other valid soviet AT option. Haven't this changed?

Would not an ISU only shooting infantry supported by Zis guns, and or T-34/76/SU-85s be enough of a force to face any German army?

Maybe it wouldn't be too bad on 1v1 balance to remove alot of the ISUs AT ability so the Jagd and can be brought down some notches aswell? It would certainly help 3v3 and 4v4 balance.

Isn't that something both Allied and Axis fanboys can get behind?

This would be a bad idea 8 months ago when the Sovs lacked almost any efficient AT and Panthers reigned supreme. But with the new armoured combat and the addition of USF?

Im all for hitting all long-range superunits with a big nerfhammer. The usage of multiple tanks, AT-guns and AT-infantry is alot more fun to both play and watch then just slugging it out at max range.

tl:dr Make ISU an AI unit first and foremost. Sovs have viable AT options regardless. This would allow the Jagd and Ele to be taken down a notch but still remain viable AT platforms.
1 Oct 2014, 20:26 PM

Even if the JT was nerfed it would still be a broken unit. The whole concept of 70+ range vehicles just doesn't fit into the general CoH gameplay. It's the same with the ISU and Elefant. These units are either nerfed into uselessness (like the elefant) or gamebreaking (like the ISU and JT). They need an overhaul of all their stats not just a plain nerf/buff.
I'd suggest to lower the price by a lot, decrease the range to 60 for ele/isu and 70 without the ability to shoot through objects for the Jagtiger plus maybe adjust some other values. The goal is to make them less "extreme".
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS