Login

russian armor

Jagdtiger - The Gamebreaker

PAGES (10)down
24 Aug 2014, 06:01 AM

I don't really see the need of posting a screen shot of a Jagdtiger moving in any direction while there is a scout plane in the air.

Anyho. Back to the reason of this thread. The JT could be balanced by removing the ability to shoot through buildings. The Supports Fire ability also needs a Munitions increase.
24 Aug 2014, 10:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2014, 06:01 AMNapalm
I don't really see the need of posting a screen shot of a Jagdtiger moving in any direction while there is a scout plane in the air.

Anyho. Back to the reason of this thread. The JT could be balanced by removing the ability to shoot through buildings. The Supports Fire ability also needs a Munitions increase.

Then what would be the difference between Elefant and JT? 15 more range ONLY?
24 Aug 2014, 14:20 PM

Then what would be the difference between Elefant and JT? 15 more range ONLY?

And that they belong to different factions.

To compensate, add some ability to JT instead, but shooting throught obstacles is lame and unfair.
24 Aug 2014, 15:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2014, 14:20 PMGreeb

And that they belong to different factions.

To compensate, add some ability to JT instead, but shooting throught obstacles is lame and unfair.

Not that strange for that big gun to shoot trough a house and kill a tank behind it. But it is cool to see and kinda stupid when the jagdtiger shoots trough 4-5 houses and hit with full damage :D
Is it possible for Relic to make that damage is hugely reduced after the first house? And lets say impossible to penetrate 3rd house after the first and second? Even more to tweak if the house is made from brick or just wooden house, so that matters too in final stopping power that hits the target at end?
If the engine(of game) allows that kind of stuff to be put in game, then that should be "optimal" thing to put it to balance that unit and keep it between fun and not annoying.
24 Aug 2014, 15:42 PM

#ISUFINEJTFINE :P
24 Aug 2014, 15:48 PM

and "JagdTiger dispatch bulletin" makes it more "Gamebreaker"...

Shit... You know how much fuel it needs man?
24 Aug 2014, 23:22 PM
Patrion 14

#ISUFINEJTFINE :P

it seems as though you and many other ppl purposely ignore posts that imply overperformance of isu.

ppl who are not mentioning isu in this "jagdtiger" thread do not mean to say 'isu is fine', they mean to say 'lets talk about freakin jagdtiger, because its what the thread is about'.
25 Aug 2014, 00:08 AM

why do we have truesight and a game that revolves around this major rule and units that violate this rule? No unit should violate sight. Why don't we just violate gravity while we're at it?

I understand the pak43 getting an exemption, it makes sense since it is static and not a "unit" per say.

If they keep the jagd shooting through buildings, make it destroy the entire building and then open up sight so that it can have fire returned against it. I think this is very fair and good for the game.
25 Aug 2014, 09:24 AM

If jagdtiger is a gamebraker then ISU 152 it's a game killer.
25 Aug 2014, 10:03 AM

Just remove it's ability to act like a PAK43.
30 Sep 2014, 20:42 PM

I dig it up a bit but not without reason.
Just had a game, 2v2 on forest crossing (idk if it is correct translation).
2x USF vs OKW and Ost.
We closed them in base, secure position, I was using Priest to bombarde their base.
They tried to push but we repel them with nice bleed.
And then... Jadgtiger arrived...
Slowly, without pressure we were losing you positions, no way to counter this thing... Jackons were outclassed by range of this thing and ability to shot through everything. 5 mins later we were closed in our base and...
What's more, it was not like he saved fuel for entire game for Jadgtiger.
He used Puma and Stuka as well.
Whole pushing, tactics, securing position, repeling them.. all for nothing because of 1 unit.

Remove ability to shot through obstacles!
It's ruining the game!
At least Axis guys were fine and also admit that Jadgtiger kills everything USF have to "counter" it.
So what are USF "scissors" for OKW "paper" Jadgtiger??
30 Sep 2014, 21:21 PM

You can clearly use artillery to counter the jagtiger such as the m8 scott or the Pack howitzer, unless the Jagtiger outranges both of these units...
30 Sep 2014, 21:42 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

No need for necro I think. The jagd is as bad as it has always been. Nothing new to see here.
30 Sep 2014, 22:30 PM

I understand why Pak43 shots through buildings. It's stationary, can not be moved etc. but why Jadgtiger does the same? I just had game which since the beggining we got 1 CPU (we made 40k dmg each, CPU 15k) but besides that, thanks to the combined army, we took all 3 VP and had nice advantage. I kept King Tiger on distance, successfully fought off all attacks with ZiS, IS2, Shock and Maxim although I can not pushed more.
Guess what happend next. Jadtiger appears (since that moment it was 4-5mins when the game ended or I should say 1-2mins since it took position) shooting through everything. I was complety unable to reach it, not to mention flank it. KT approaches with some Volks and PzGrens (not big deal) but they had support of Jadgtiger. It complety wiped out my 3 IS-2. If I wanted to hit KT, I needed to enter Jadgtiger range (not to mention Jadtiger simply shooted through everything without any problem with aimimg like ISU or Elephant).
I did over 2000% with 1xCons, 1400% with 1xZiS, 600% with 2xMaxim, 1300% 1xMortar, 400% 3xIS-2
yet we still get smashed becase of just one unit. All hard work gone in few minutes.

Judging by the way you told us that story it sounds like you made a line of maxims and at guns and cons and 3 is2s. Playing defensively as allies will never work at least not in the bigger team games. It sound like you sat there while the KT got itself up and ready to go and waited until they got jagdtiger. The way I do my 4v4s is that i always push with artillery support.
30 Sep 2014, 22:31 PM

And even if they did make it to jagdtiger i had p47s and priests ready to barrage the crap out of it and since it is easily crew shocked that makes it 5000000% easier for me.
30 Sep 2014, 22:34 PM

And von go online in steam :D
30 Sep 2014, 23:23 PM

Permanently Banned
It is fine damage wise (when not shooting through buildings) and range wise, firing through buildings isn't the problem. The problem is it seeing and spotting through one or multiple buildings and having 100% accuracy and damage while doing this.

Fine if you attack ground and shoot through one or multiple buildings, but come on seeing and spotting through one or multiple buildings and shooting through one or multiple buildings with 100% damage xd?

Just don't get why Relic would comprehend such stupidity

and to add towards the flames of ISU 152 tears, I play soviets most of the time and even I find that the ISU 152s squad wiping mode should be nerfed, it is just ridiculous. Next to that, in its current state the Jagdtiger is just broken, spotting and shooting through one or multiple buildings and doing 100% damage is just absurd xd
30 Sep 2014, 23:32 PM

You can clearly use artillery to counter the jagtiger such as the m8 scott or the Pack howitzer, unless the Jagtiger outranges both of these units...

you're joking right? ...right? Please tell me you are. These are in no way shape or form counters to it. The scott would be obliterated in a second and the pack howitzer is outranged and meant for infantry and...I'm not even sure what its purpose is.

This unit is the most broken, idiotic thing in this game. It is worse than the ISU by far. It violates the truesight system and other game mechanics that this game is founded upon. At least the ISU doesn't do that. It is so idiotic it honestly boggles my mind.
1 Oct 2014, 00:01 AM

you're joking right? ...right? Please tell me you are. These are in no way shape or form counters to it. The scott would be obliterated in a second and the pack howitzer is outranged and meant for infantry and...I'm not even sure what its purpose is.

This unit is the most broken, idiotic thing in this game. It is worse than the ISU by far. It violates the truesight system and other game mechanics that this game is founded upon. At least the ISU doesn't do that. It is so idiotic it honestly boggles my mind.

That was in fact sarcasm, USF indirect fire is pretty lackluster though indirect fire should be a soft counter to this unit

Additionally Pack howitzer has the highest penetration of any USF unit once its vet 2 (300) so if it had the range it would probably be reasonably effective vs the Jag
1 Oct 2014, 00:13 AM

I always thought the jagdtiger shooting through buildings was a bug >.>
PAGES (10)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment