Login

russian armor

Jagdtiger - The Gamebreaker

PAGES (10)down
4 Oct 2014, 14:00 PM

3 AT guns, su 85, and shocks for support :nahnah:
Unless you can push your enemy all the way back to his base and destroy it, the german player will simply keep reversing while taking pot shots at the su-85. The shocks will eventually run out of steam leaving those at guns all alone and ready to be picked off by any infantry.

A t34 would have been better since it could atleast try to flank them, but then the AT guns aren't really the ones pulling the weight.
4 Oct 2014, 14:03 PM

I've had a Zis-3 fire 13 shots (I counted) in the side of a JagdT. Some most hitting front, but a few the back. Did about 10% dmg.
Though the jagd did have some vet, 1 or two stars.

So you are saying no armour and instead Zis and inf? Agreed, that do work better but Stuka Zu Fuß or superiour german infantry that has been spammed make short work of it. Remember if no Stuka Zu Fuß is made before Jagd OKW has probably built only infantry till 13 CP. Gl with that.
4 Oct 2014, 14:03 PM

if you have 2 vet2/3 su85 you can take on a jt frontally if you are lucky getting a crew shock in one of the first shots :P
That's a lot of ifs. One of those would probably get knocked out before they could even get into range. That would only work if you could sneak up on it a little bit. Also vet 3 SU-85s aren't that easy to come by.
4 Oct 2014, 14:08 PM

if you have 2 vet2/3 su85 you can take on a jt frontally if you are lucky getting a crew shock in one of the first shots :P

Is it possible to take out with Su-85?
they get to shotted and don't always penatrate it.
4 Oct 2014, 14:24 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Oh yeah im not recommending it, p47 and swarming it with mediums and jacksons are less worse option.
B4 works too
4 Oct 2014, 14:30 PM

Permanently Banned
in a 4v4. with an all usf team, everyone goes airborne

spam muni chaches

let USF airpower put the fear of god into the enemy
4 Oct 2014, 15:09 PM

JT should have a minimum range (if you get "under the gun", GG JT) and setup/tear down time (to be able to use 85 range) like the KV-2. I am also in favour of adding the tear down rule to ELE's and ISU's too.

JT and KT should have slightly less frontal armour, off set with a little more health. This would enable allied AT to be able to plink away at the beasts, without their virtual frontal immunity, in those situations where flanking isn't really an option.

This would solve a lot of problems.
4 Oct 2014, 15:33 PM

There is a chance if you cautch JT side on Forest Lienne from right side VP. I did that once and 2 SU were enough but it was more like bad micro (JT and micro :rofl:) not SU power.

JT should have a minimum range (if you get "under the gun", GG JT) and setup/tear down time (to be able to use 85 range) like the KV-2. I am also in favour of adding the tear down rule to ELE's and ISU's too.

JT and KT should have slightly less frontal armour, off set with a little more health. This would enable allied AT to be able to plink away at the beasts, without their virtual frontal immunity, in those situations where flanking isn't really an option.

This would solve a lot of problems.

Sorry but for these are bad ideas. I'm good with JT front armor. Just remove this stupid ability to shoot through obstacles.
4 Oct 2014, 15:40 PM

So they're bad ideas because you say so? Why?
4 Oct 2014, 15:50 PM

Setup time for tank destroyers that DO NOT HAVE TURRET? Dude...
JT, Ele and ISU are units you should not take from front. They have such armor to force you to flank it.
4 Oct 2014, 15:51 PM

Although combined arms is effective to a point, the Jagdtiger and superior Axis infantry can just A-move through your forces. All OKW needs really is just schreck volks, obers or falls, plus the Jagdtiger. Volks deny your armor while elite infantry cut through your AT guns.

Seems ridiculous that OKW can just A-move their forces into your while Allies need more micro + effort just to deal with all of that
4 Oct 2014, 15:54 PM

I think you mistake what I was trying to say. The setup should be applied to ELE/JT and ISU so they are able to use max range. JT should also have a minimum range as it has a longer range.

There is nothing stopping the user using it like a normal TD (which would still be immense at normal ranges), without having to set it up. This makes setting it up a highly risky business, as arty will be able to target it easier, and it won't be able to escape flanks so easily. This applies to ISU and ELE too.

4 Oct 2014, 15:56 PM

Seems ridiculous that OKW can just A-move their forces into your while Allies need more micro + effort just to deal with all of that

Sentences like this you hear nearly exclusively from 4vs4 players that play only one faction.
4 Oct 2014, 15:58 PM

Sentences like this you hear nearly exclusively from 4vs4 players that play only one faction.

I have played Ostheer but mainly Soviets. I find that OKW can just get away with just infantry for the game until they build KT or Jgdt
5 Oct 2014, 15:01 PM

I have played Ostheer but mainly Soviets. I find that OKW can just get away with just infantry for the game until they build KT or Jgdt

If you stall to a heavy as okw and if you only have infantry you're gonna have a hard time dealing with midgame tanks.
5 Oct 2014, 15:04 PM

If you stall to a heavy as okw and if you only have infantry you're gonna have a hard time dealing with midgame tanks.

Because shreck blob is hard and its not like you won't have a puppchen or two and a couple of mines.

If anything, its easiest to hold out as OKW. It just doesn't make sense, because they have absolutely strongest mid game.
5 Oct 2014, 15:12 PM

Shooting through a wall is just stupid. Plain stupid.
Thisn't a ISU vs JT topic, it's about a jagd on the field being a complete gamechanger / breaker.

2 Packs on the side or some tigers in the mix and it is impossible to deal with in 2v2.
It's just a fucked up unit, really relic.
5 Oct 2014, 16:12 PM

Thisn't a ISU vs JT topic, it's about a jagd on the field being a complete gamechanger / breaker.

2 Packs on the side or some tigers in the mix and it is impossible to deal with in 2v2.

Looks like somebody tried to counter ANTITANK-Weapons with tanks...... better try this.

5 Oct 2014, 16:20 PM
Patrion 14

totally agree. it isn't about Jagdtiger v. one unit it's Jagdtiger v. all enemy armor. shotting through walls not only makes it OP but a god in maps like lazur factory or angermuende,

i mean it'll be different if allies infantries are better than axis infantry in late game or their infantry-based AT is superb. i guess vetted 57mm with at rounds on is superb, but lol at obers wiping weapons crew at long range.
5 Oct 2014, 16:37 PM

Permanently Banned

Looks like somebody tried to counter ANTITANK-Weapons with tanks...... better try this.

Just to get insta dive bombed by Stuka? kthxbye
PAGES (10)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight