Login

russian armor

War Spoils – A Quick Update by Relic

20 Sep 2014, 20:59 PM

To this day, i never played OKW (the only faction i haven't played, only 2-3 games against AI and this at release of WFA) and i got two, not one, but 2 Spoils only for them. I hope the fix is coming soon because it feels like i get fooled here.
So pissed right now....
20 Sep 2014, 21:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2014, 17:15 PMKatitof
Long story short:

"Yes, we did not released full system, we eventually will finish it."

They had a full system, but they changed it because people didn't like it. Dupes were supposed to be craftable into "time" which you used to extend your WS Commanders. But people didn't like timed commanders, so they ditched the timers and had no use for Dupes before the game came out.
20 Sep 2014, 21:52 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

To this day, i never played OKW (the only faction i haven't played, only 2-3 games against AI and this at release of WFA) and i got two, not one, but 2 Spoils only for them. I hope the fix is coming soon because it feels like i get fooled here.
So pissed right now....

I'm surprised! B-)

I mean, with OKW, whilst the Sturm go out and start capping (and their wiring is something else!), followed by 2 deadly Kubels, you can amuse yourself demolishing buildings (just jab 3 corners), so that when the Cons/Riffles arrive, full of sweat, looking for a building in which to hide, you just mow them down gradually, introducing the Volks behind sandbags, whilst setting up the T3 truck to repair the Kubels, and develop the Puma.(Bugger the Flakhalftrack). And if you can keep your hands off the peripheries, you can then set up T4 for the Obersoldaten....with a deadly, free flak gun to watch over your cut-off. ;)

Then again, you may prefer to play SU/Ostheer, and keep your skillz intact ;)
20 Sep 2014, 22:05 PM

I'm surprised! B-)

I mean, with OKW, whilst the Sturm go out and start capping (and their wiring is something else!), followed by 2 deadly Kubels, you can amuse yourself demolishing buildings (just jab 3 corners), so that when the Cons/Riffles arrive, full of sweat, looking for a building in which to hide, you just mow them down gradually, introducing the Volks behind sandbags, whilst setting up the T3 truck to repair the Kubels, and develop the Puma.(Bugger the Flakhalftrack). And if you can keep your hands off the peripheries, you can then set up T4 for the Obersoldaten....with a deadly, free flak gun to watch over your cut-off. ;)

Then again, you may prefer to play SU/Ostheer, and keep your skillz intact ;)

Yeh, i know! I should play them sometime. I think i am to "scared" to play with them because i believe they are the hardest ones to play. I hope i will overcome myself sometime soon :D
20 Sep 2014, 22:13 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Yeh, i know! I should play them sometime. I think i am to "scared" to play with them because i believe they are the hardest ones to play. I hope i will overcome myself sometime soon :D

They're like a drug >:( It's too easy to get hooked. I didn't mention the LEIG - but take care with the Raketenwerfer, though. It's range is awful...but you can retreat it :) - and put it in a building o_O - and lose all your skillz in the process :D
21 Sep 2014, 03:51 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

So pissed right now....

Pfff, i used to not own the expansion and i got commanders for OKW.
21 Sep 2014, 06:44 AM

I have yet to figure out OKW personally, I try to learn them against the AI but I just end up with a very thin line lacking both troops and vehicles. The biggest hurdle is trying to figure out how I'm supposed to hold territory with Volksgrenadiers. Blegh, for infantry combat, I'd take Conscripts over them any day.
21 Sep 2014, 07:47 AM

I have yet to figure out OKW personally, I try to learn them against the AI but I just end up with a very thin line lacking both troops and vehicles.

Welcome to the REAL DEFINITION of OKW. All "cheese" accusations above are bullshit. And saying that it's easier to play it it's even more bull. Also, don't believe what whiners write about 3v3 or 4v4. Allied have no problems crushing any OKW/Ostheer combo. Cheers.
21 Sep 2014, 08:03 AM

I have yet to figure out OKW personally, I try to learn them against the AI but I just end up with a very thin line lacking both troops and vehicles. The biggest hurdle is trying to figure out how I'm supposed to hold territory with Volksgrenadiers. Blegh, for infantry combat, I'd take Conscripts over them any day.

Unless you are at least a fair amount better than your opponent, playing OKW feels a lot like walking on a tightrope. Or at least if you want to do anything more than sit on one point and push from there, which isn't really my style. It helps a fair bit if you can get 1/2 MG34s out but that's doctrine specific...
21 Sep 2014, 19:36 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Early game:
Use combination of your SP, Volks, Kubel and if you want Truck.
Transition to midgame:
Either you go T2 or T3.
If T2, depending on map, mode and army composition, get a ISG.
If T3, you can get Puma/Flak truck. Stuka if teamgames.
Midgame:
You are either supposed to get Obers (skip any vehicle and just go quick T4) or any of the Elite infantry at this point (PF, JLI, or Falls).
You can use Spec Ops or Scavenger to buff Volks AI performance with cheap assault nade.
MG34 helps with crowd control and defensive positioning if you don't want to use a Kubel. (Kubel with vet1 is AWESOME for holding ground)
Lategame:
Panther or KT. You can try JPIV but it's really more easy to use the first 2 options.
7 Oct 2014, 14:47 PM

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

Yeh, i got my first Commander for WFA. Yuhu!!!
Oh, wait it is for OKW which i did not play with online yet!
Way to go Relic. Let the War spoils fix wait for another year or so.

Yuhu again and again.

:clap::clap::clap: Relic :D
7 Oct 2014, 22:01 PM

Damn it guys, stop necoring this! You keep getting my hopes up that there's a new change to warspoils. :p
nee
9 Oct 2014, 05:49 AM

They had a full system, but they changed it because people didn't like it. Dupes were supposed to be craftable into "time" which you used to extend your WS Commanders. But people didn't like timed commanders, so they ditched the timers and had no use for Dupes before the game came out.
Having a full system and then devoting insufficient time in revising it equals releasing a system that is in fact not full or finished. Your argument, if it is one, is invalid. I might as well argue that I did in fact have a completed thesis paper, and it should stand despite the fact that I went back to redo it but didn't have enough time so I should deserve that A despite handing in incomplete work; it WOULD have been, right?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★