Login

russian armor

That Dodge

8 Aug 2014, 21:59 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Post invised for breaching forum rules. Please keep to the straight and narrow. :)
8 Aug 2014, 22:16 PM

they're not that great, and they delay your tech by a lot, which ends up screwing you over if an early flak truck shows up

these trucks are useful for the first 2 minutes or so, and then the rest of the doctrine is crap except for the 155 barrage
8 Aug 2014, 22:22 PM

With this he'll sacrifice firepower and capping power.

How are either of those being sacrificed?

It should be a 1 CP unit, imo. 0CP units are the shittiest part of this game.
8 Aug 2014, 22:27 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

0CP units are the shittiest part of this game.

Why? They give you more early game options, keeping the meta flexible. Isn't that a good thing?

3x rifle start gets a little stale.
8 Aug 2014, 22:47 PM

How are either of those being sacrificed?

It should be a 1 CP unit, imo. 0CP units are the shittiest part of this game.

play with the unit before complaining about it

what's the biggest complaint US players have? No end game. What end game does mechanized give? jack shit.

You should be happy to see trucks, because if you can survive them (and you can) you know you won't be fighting easy eights or m1919 rifles.

I have stopped using this commander completely, because all its good for is smashing noobs with an early truck and 155 barraging the flack building. Getting owned at range by LMG grens and obers because you didn't go infantry doctrine sucks, and the closest thing US has to a late game unit is the easy 8.
8 Aug 2014, 22:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Aug 2014, 22:27 PMRomeo

Why? They give you more early game options, keeping the meta flexible. Isn't that a good thing?

3x rifle start gets a little stale.

I don't like how they encourage picking a doctrine instantly. I can't be the only person who equips doctrines just so my opponent will be really fucked if he decides to use certain units, am I? (IE if he builds a kubel, I can shit out a jeep and instantly counter it.)

I'd much rather the jeep be buildable as a core american t0 unit than be locked behind a doctrine. In general, I'm really not a fan of calling in units that aren't late game tanks or battle groups. I prefer when they have to actually be built at a structure, using up time and a production slot.

The variation in American early game is in the decisions to buy upgrades or mix in RE/ambulances. A 2x riflemen 2x RE build has its strengths if you make good use of fighting positions. 3x Riflemen is just the current trend but it's far from the only viable option. (And past 50 fuel, Americans have a ton of great options in terms of tech and units.)

play with the unit before complaining about it

what's the biggest complaint US players have? No end game. What end game does mechanized give? jack shit.

You should be happy to see trucks, because if you can survive them (and you can) you know you won't be fighting easy eights or m1919 rifles

American T4 is one of the strongest in the game. Just because they don't have a heavy tank doesn't mean they don't have an endgame. Not to mention they have the best AT gun.

8 Aug 2014, 23:04 PM
Donator 11

Wait, how is that 57mm gun the best one? Pak40 eats it for breakfest in terms of dps and penetration.

I'm not saying usf is bad faction but it definitely is a weak one in late game as it has only one doctrine with usefull late game call in and its t4 is weak. You know sherman is great inf killer but its at is very weak for late game and jackson has a punch but no armour, low hp and only good, in no means great range of fire makes it very easy to kill.
8 Aug 2014, 23:06 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I don't like how they encourage picking a doctrine instantly.

Again, why not? It provides more viable options.

I can't be the only person who equips doctrines just so my opponent will be really fucked if he decides to use certain units, am I? (IE if he builds a kubel, I can shit out a jeep and instantly counter it.)

Nothing about 0cp units prevents you from doing this.

I'd much rather the jeep be buildable as a core american t0 unit than be locked behind a doctrine. In general, I'm really not a fan of calling in units that aren't late game tanks or battle groups. I prefer when they have to actually be built at a structure, using up time and a production slot.

Are you arguing that all 0cp units should instead be core units? I'm all for increasing available options but that seems a little too strong to me. You get access to the dodge in exchange for NOT having access to easy eights or paratroopers or whatever.

The variation in American early game is in the decisions to buy upgrades or mix in RE/ambulances. A 2x riflemen 2x RE build has its strengths if you make good use of fighting positions. 3x Riflemen is just the current trend but it's far from the only viable option. (And past 50 fuel, Americans have a ton of great options in terms of tech and units.)

Alright, a few more options. Why not more?
8 Aug 2014, 23:11 PM

The WC51 is pretty much the main reason to get this doctrine. It's a fun little truck, but after 5-7 minutes there's no real use for it. Withdrawing is good for when you need to get rid of your WC51, but passed that I haven't seen much use for it. The Half-Track you get is the weakest in the game, and in fact its stats are near identical to the Soviet Scout Car. Recon is helpful, but it only does one pass, so make it count. Artillery barrage is good but very expensive, so you won't see it a lot unless you specifically save for it.

If anything, the M3 Half-Track needs a buff, it's weak as hell for its cost. It provides no protection at all, so battlefield use is impossible. It seems to exist solely to bring in Assault Engineers, then be withdrawn.
8 Aug 2014, 23:24 PM

Wait, how is that 57mm gun the best one? Pak40 eats it for breakfest in terms of dps and penetration.

It has the best abilities. imo anyway, your mileage may vary.

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Aug 2014, 23:06 PMRomeo

Again, why not? It provides more viable options.

I feel like the purpose of doctrines is to allow you to tailor your core army to a specific playstyle. The best ones are the ones that unlock abilities on existing units.

Nothing about 0cp units prevents you from doing this.

Waiting until 1 cp lets you see what your opponent is doing and react to it. If that same opponent was rushing for a puma, your doctrine choice is looking really shitty now isn't it? It also maintains a proper game pace where every doctrine unlocks abilities a few minutes into the game. 0 cp units break the traditional pace of the game and completely invalidate the point of picking 3 commanders and not just one.

Are you arguing that all 0cp units should instead be core units? I'm all for increasing available options but that seems a little too strong to me. You get access to the dodge in exchange for NOT having access to easy eights or paratroopers or whatever.

No, not all of them. For americans though I would certainly argue that units like the Jeep, or Pathfinders, would be better served as core units that unlocked abilities through doctrines rather than be purely doctrinal call ins.

9 Aug 2014, 10:46 AM

Permanently Banned
I think its unfair that units such as the dodge and M3 can be exploited so early while Axis have no such option.
9 Aug 2014, 15:01 PM

Ostroppen and ass grens =D Kappa
On a real note. They do have a 3 cp call in with pgrens or grens with a lmg
9 Aug 2014, 15:13 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Aug 2014, 20:53 PMRomeo
Ostheer doesn't struggle nearly as badly as OKW does, thanks to the panzerfaust.

OH + OH vs US + US

I think it struggles really, REALLY bad with something like Dodge + AA HT rush. You are always behind on the mp battle (due to fast teching to get pak). Dodge + E8s...damn.

Panzerfaust doesn´t help if he doesn´t get on range. And if you goes for the faust, i don´t see why not the US player just bails out to chase you.

Problem with the dodge, is that it´s a bit too good at 0CP and a bit bad at 1CP. On another note, i still don´t know why the Mechanized groups are at 3CP when they are basically the "same". I don´t thing anyone would be annoyed to face them at 2CP.
9 Aug 2014, 23:43 PM

1 cp please. This thing is an abomination. Sturmpios might shred it... up close. A decent player won't let you get close enough, and it's resistant enough to small arms at long range that it just cuts through volks with its mg.
9 Aug 2014, 23:47 PM

Permanently Banned
Desperately need to be moved to CP1
10 Aug 2014, 00:26 AM

If anything, the M3 Half-Track needs a buff, it's weak as hell for its cost. It provides no protection at all, so battlefield use is impossible. It seems to exist solely to bring in Assault Engineers, then be withdrawn.

Its a reinforcement point. besides the frailer and slow as hell ambulance not to mention you can use it in enemy territory.
10 Aug 2014, 01:04 AM

Okw struggle with any early vehicles but realy dont see as a big issue as building wc51 will slow usf tech, so using this unit has drawbacks. Yeah the wc51 is deffently not a issue against Ost as the get fausts and a quick scout car wil own this shit out of a wc51
10 Aug 2014, 01:33 AM

I think the biggest problem with early vehicles is in 2v2, when both opponents get them. They can double team any kind of resistance and it is very hard to fight 2 jeeps at one time.
10 Aug 2014, 04:18 AM

This thing needs to be moved to 1CP or huge health nerf. Even raketenwerfer is useless vs this thing with a decent player microing it. Volks get destroyed before they can even put a dint and double sturmpios might be ok but how map control are you going to lose with that?
10 Aug 2014, 05:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2014, 04:18 AMHitman5
This thing needs to be moved to 1CP or huge health nerf. Even raketenwerfer is useless vs this thing with a decent player microing it. Volks get destroyed before they can even put a dint and double sturmpios might be ok but how map control are you going to lose with that?

What about kubel Wagon ? it is just as strong as the wc51, better nerf that too then. A early kubel wagon is just as a pain in the ass as a early jeep. Only difference is the jeep counters the kubel with is 50 call hmg which has good pen, it is slower and IT REQUIRES A COMMANDER.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★