Login

russian armor

That Dodge

8 Aug 2014, 19:45 PM

Now the mechanized commander is out for this week and have plenty of time to play against it its easy to access that the early game dodge is just op as fuck and far worse then the m3 ever was.

the dodge is technically weaker then the m3 but combine this with the most powerful early game infantry and you get yourself one very op package. both the okw and the ost need more time to prepare and establish territory before this abomination comes out so i suggest it needs at least one cp.

In my opinion any unit that has the dps of the german 222 with transport and can act like a mobile firing platform should cost at least 30 fuel but thats just me. right now increasing the cp so that at least a shrek can come out or enough ammo can be obtained for fausts.
8 Aug 2014, 19:49 PM

8 Aug 2014, 19:49 PM

Yea, it's not. I'm a rookie OKW player and have had no issues with this unit. Small arms can fire the thing down.
8 Aug 2014, 19:52 PM
Patrion 15

A tier 0 unit that gives rifleman that sort of mobility is pretty damn strong, even without the brutal MG. It makes mgs in the early game pretty much useless. Not a fan of the unit design at all, and imo it needs some sort of tweak.
8 Aug 2014, 19:56 PM

8 Aug 2014, 20:01 PM

It's the mechanized commander, it's based on mobility. With this he'll sacrifice firepower and capping power. Sturms at close range will deal with it pretty quickly if you can get them there. Actually even at range they kick it's ass. Since they sacrifice capping power, use it to cap yourself and make bigger groups of units to counter it's low firepower and make it run away.

in short:
-bigger groups of units (like 2 volks or 2 gren)
-cap cap cap while he can't
-Sturms win if it carries no one
-Fausts

It's also great to flank MGs so be carefull if you plan on spaming MGs against it with no support.
8 Aug 2014, 20:02 PM

Making wc51 1cp will kill mechanized doc.

However, adding moving accuracy penalty and chance to garrisoned rifles die when vehicle blows up looks like reasonable change for me.
8 Aug 2014, 20:05 PM

However, adding moving accuracy penalty and chance to garrisoned rifles die when vehicle blows up looks like reasonable change for me.

There is moving accuracy penalty.
Only thing left is to add a chance for units inside to die.

And yea, outside of WC, the doctrine have nothing to offer over other doctrines.
8 Aug 2014, 20:08 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

double sturmpios beats it pretty well.
8 Aug 2014, 20:27 PM

If playing as OKW, 2 Sturmpioneers focus firing will take this thing down really quick, and US player is down 240 MP / 20 fuel. I learned this the hard way. This thing is so slow and clunky to drive that if caught out of position, it has very little chance of surviving... less so than the M3. It probably has the most tendency to spin in circle and/or drive forward when you tell it to reverse out of all the vehicles in the game.

Whenever I use the jeep, I put a rifle squad inside and can easily take on 1 sturmpioneer and even 2 volks. I have to back off when I see a sturmpioneer and 1 volks together, though. Generally speaking, the jeep is not that great vs Ostheer since faust is plenty.

If you see one and managed to chase it off instead of killing it, build a raketenwerfer as the 2nd one is bound to come (fighting 2 of these together is a pain without proper light AT). The flaktrack or puma is also good to get since US won't be getting their AA HT anytime soon due to spending their initial fuel for these things.

I feel like the real star of the doctrine is the 155mm arty that has the chance to severely damage OKW trucks if not outright killing it. These used to 1-shot OKW trucks but less so now... but will probably bring down the trucks to ~10% health.
8 Aug 2014, 20:29 PM

It's the mechanized commander, it's based on mobility. With this he'll sacrifice firepower and capping power. Sturms at close range will deal with it pretty quickly if you can get them there. Actually even at range they kick it's ass. Since they sacrifice capping power, use it to cap yourself and make bigger groups of units to counter it's low firepower and make it run away.

in short:
-bigger groups of units (like 2 volks or 2 gren)
-cap cap cap while he can't
-Sturms win if it carries no one
-Fausts

It's also great to flank MGs so be carefull if you plan on spaming MGs against it with no support.

Worthless advice is worthless. im not playing on your level. where i come from they support their dodge and go straight for the cutoff points. you cannot cap as your volks are fighting the rifles and dodge. and they will lose 99& of the time because this combination is to much for any early game volks+pio's safe for cowering into buildings and losing map control.

And 2 pio only work if he is not supporting the dodge.

No it will make it balanced. and its far from a bad doctrine. its arty is absolutely brutal vs the okw
8 Aug 2014, 20:33 PM

If you see one and managed to chase it off instead of killing it, build a raketenwerfer as the 2nd one is bound to come (fighting 2 of these together is a pain without proper light AT). The flaktrack or puma is also good to get since US won't be getting their AA HT anytime soon due to spending their initial fuel for these things.

I feel like the real star of the doctrine is the 155mm arty that has the chance to severely damage OKW trucks if not outright killing it. These used to 1-shot OKW trucks but less so now... but will probably bring down the trucks to ~10% health.

This is seriously bad advice. going for a raketenwerfer is the same as losing the game in 1 vs 1. how are you going to fight his rifles with a rakentwerfer? unless he is completely stupid and loses the dodge to the werfer it will not accomplish jack.
8 Aug 2014, 20:34 PM

Early vehicle units that has a lot of dps has always been a problem since this game has been released. Insteading of realizing this Relic made another quick high dps unit that the Germans couldn't counter.
8 Aug 2014, 20:34 PM

I fear that the mechanized doctrine will suffer the same fate as the "community defensive tactics" for the soviets, first the dushka was 0 CP, then it got upped to 1 CP, making it pretty much useless, and then it got hit by the final nail in the coffin, it was moved to 2 cps.

8 Aug 2014, 20:39 PM

Good point FriedRise, i forgot about the Racketenwerfer, you know if you see a WC51 there's going to be plenty of vehicules in this game, this unit will see much use.
I used it in a 1v1 against penal-flamer-M3. Send out a volks squad as a bait while the racketen sits in the fog of war overwatching the volks. When the WC51 comes in, bam. This unit is so slow, if it even start turning, start making some tea, it's gonna take a while.
8 Aug 2014, 20:43 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Aug 2014, 20:33 PMJaigen

This is seriously bad advice. going for a raketenwerfer is the same as losing the game in 1 vs 1. how are you going to fight his rifles with a rakentwerfer? unless he is completely stupid and loses the dodge to the werfer it will not accomplish jack.

I agree. If you see mechanized on the loading screen, and the map supports it, go double sturmpios.
If you SEE a second dodge on the field, then you can get a puppchen
8 Aug 2014, 20:43 PM

8 Aug 2014, 20:53 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Ostheer doesn't struggle nearly as badly as OKW does, thanks to the panzerfaust.
8 Aug 2014, 21:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Aug 2014, 20:43 PMRomeo

I agree. If you see mechanized on the loading screen, and the map supports it, go double sturmpios.
If you SEE a second dodge on the field, then you can get a puppchen

The problem with sturmpioneers is that it only works on cc maps. maps where long range dominates and little green cover and double pioneers become nothing more then mp bleed.

Simply put on a lot of maps you a screwed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★