Login

russian armor

ZIS-3 Tracking ability overnerfed?

5 Aug 2014, 17:35 PM

ZIS-3 Tracking ability costs now 35 Munitions (from 20) and the LOS gain is less then before.
It is almost useless now IMO.

I don't remember seeing it on any patch-notes!
5 Aug 2014, 18:01 PM

Can one of our amazing stat checkers check this out in the game files?
5 Aug 2014, 18:03 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Isn´t it the same with the Su85? Giving just vision on the minimap/tactical map
5 Aug 2014, 18:07 PM

I used to use it all the time, now I very rarely use it, if ever. Having a bit of extra mini-map vision isn't that helpful in most situations.
5 Aug 2014, 18:10 PM

Why was this even touched is my question? So many balancing changes are being conducted in secret and not published with the notes.
6 Aug 2014, 15:55 PM

It would be very nice, if someone from Relics dev/team could explain that ninja change of the ZIS. Was it over performing or...?
Thanks in advance!
6 Aug 2014, 17:53 PM

Permanently Banned
It was definetly touched an one of my favourite veterancy abilities in the game. It's sad seeing it that useless atm :(
6 Aug 2014, 18:17 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

The Zis overperformed for me in the last patch on Semois (summer)

I lost my top fuel to OKW, who set down 2 bunkers.

So I positioned the Zis just outside my base and started to attack ground. This did for both the bunkers.

But here's the thing - after the second bunker was KO'd, the gun kept on firing, regularly. Without encouragement. And after I had retaken the fuel, and went across the road towards the top ammo pint, the Zis was still firing readily, regularly, and took out a third bunker on the far side of the road. And it kept firing after that, until eventually I redeployed it to the south, down the road to my cut-off, where it helped take out a KT.

I wish I could show you the replay - I lost, BTW - but that Zis was something else.
6 Aug 2014, 18:31 PM

This ability was poorly designed, allowing an AT support weapon to act as its own spotter. Wherever possible this should be removed in other units (ISU, elephant, SU85), but won't be. I think it deserved a bit of a nerf, but the cost increase is entirely unnecessary.
6 Aug 2014, 18:36 PM

This ability was poorly designed, allowing an AT support weapon to act as its own spotter. Wherever possible this should be removed in other units (ISU, elephant, SU85), but won't be. I think it deserved a bit of a nerf, but the cost increase is entirely unnecessary.

Nailed it.

But actually I really like self-spotting abilities on ATGs and TDs in particular.

I dont mean "like" as in it fondles my bubblies, but "like" in the sense that I think it works well for CoH2.
6 Aug 2014, 19:02 PM

The Zis overperformed for me in the last patch on Semois (summer)

I lost my top fuel to OKW, who set down 2 bunkers.

So I positioned the Zis just outside my base and started to attack ground. This did for both the bunkers.

But here's the thing - after the second bunker was KO'd, the gun kept on firing, regularly. Without encouragement. And after I had retaken the fuel, and went across the road towards the top ammo pint, the Zis was still firing readily, regularly, and took out a third bunker on the far side of the road. And it kept firing after that, until eventually I redeployed it to the south, down the road to my cut-off, where it helped take out a KT.

I wish I could show you the replay - I lost, BTW - but that Zis was something else.

Could you explain that better, I'm not sure what you mean other than the ZiS helped kill some bunkers and a tank, which is what it was meant to do.
6 Aug 2014, 20:40 PM

I can accept the nerf on the LOS (i hate it really, i see no point anymore) but the cost increase is...

6 Aug 2014, 22:53 PM

Isn't this ability suppossed to show infantry units nearby without giving vision?
6 Aug 2014, 22:57 PM

Isn't this ability suppossed to show infantry units nearby without giving vision?

No, even in the description first you have "increases sight range" and only then you have "and detects infantry".

Not sure why would I want tank destroyers and AT guns to detect infantry thou.
19 Aug 2014, 19:05 PM

Just played 2 Games and realized (again) how useless the ZIS tracking ability has become. Please Relic, fix this ASAP. It was fine before!!!!
19 Aug 2014, 19:06 PM

I don't understand WHY relic nerfs these things while NOBODY COMPLAINS THAT THEY ARE OP.

Yet they can't fix TWP :(
19 Aug 2014, 19:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2014, 19:06 PMBurts
I don't understand WHY relic nerfs these things while NOBODY COMPLAINS THAT THEY ARE OP.

Yet they can't fix TWP :(

Relic nerfed tracking and nerfed it really bad.

Don't count on any TWP fix, because at this point its 99,99% certainty that its working exactly as it is intended or overperforms.

#relic:snfPeter:
Vaz
19 Aug 2014, 19:24 PM

Well they do their own testing and game sessions, so likely it's the result of that. Why it's a ninja change, I don't know, but I think cynthia_re mentioned one time how ninja changes get in on these forums.
19 Aug 2014, 19:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2014, 19:24 PMVaz
Why it's a ninja change, I don't know

*Tinfoil on* It's because the current balancing is out of touch with the community desires and their communication is piss poor. Of the past three patches the story really lies in the ninja changes.
19 Aug 2014, 20:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2014, 19:35 PMNapalm
*Tinfoil on* It's because the current balancing is out of touch with the community desires and their communication is piss poor. Of the past three patches the story really lies in the ninja changes.

I wouldn't be surprised if the balance team was out of touch with their own game, that's how the USF FHT gets MG's buffed, the OKW FHT gets nerfed, and the E8 is priced at 135 Fuel.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★