Login

russian armor

Flak 20mm emplacement

25 Jul 2014, 04:51 AM

What do you think of it?
25 Jul 2014, 04:53 AM

For its cost it seems to be pretty useful at least vs the USA. Soviets have a pretty easy time just mortar/sniping them.

Has a pretty fast setup time too so it's easy to a surprise people with them.
25 Jul 2014, 04:59 AM

Its extremely cheap, so it gets the job done. Dies quick, but at least then it becomes ambient and you have a chance to recrew it.

The biggest problem is that its fire does not clip through the ground and light targets, the same goes for the flak 251/17. It either hits the ground and does nothing, or all its clips hit the objects between it and its target.
25 Jul 2014, 05:20 AM

Its anti light armor emplacement only.

Any slightest elevation will stop its bullets against infantry.
25 Jul 2014, 05:40 AM

You need to be very very very careful with the placement of it, or it could turn out to be completely worthless.

They should seriously consider reworking the Flak emplacement, Flak HT, and Luchs to use small arms profiles rather than ballistic profiles, which were designed for tank guns and rockets.

Alternatively, an interesting compromise would be to give them 2 weapons, one ballistic, one small arms. Have them fire in an alternating pattern using the same animation with the same effects, that way you ensure that at least some damage goes out. To the naked eye, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
25 Jul 2014, 09:09 AM

It is not useful against infantry because it will always hit the ground instead. Only times I built it was to shoot down planes actually, but that is obviously incredibly situational and something you probably would only do in team games if at all.
25 Jul 2014, 09:20 AM

It's very usefull on fortification commander. If you got pak 43 placed. It's good idea to build 2 of thoose so when ever you will leave it unguarded the emplacments will save it and will not allow infantry to get close to light it and drop artilerry. Like said - Best used in defense, it's totaly not for offensive tactics
nee
25 Jul 2014, 11:33 AM

I dunno, it's never been a great experience to me. I'd prefer the flaktrack, which at least can move and gain veterancy.
25 Jul 2014, 13:59 PM

It kicks ass just depends on pos
25 Jul 2014, 14:22 PM

I didn't buy fortifications yet but this is a good idea!

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2014, 09:20 AMVIPUKS
It's very usefull on fortification commander. If you got pak 43 placed. It's good idea to build 2 of thoose so when ever you will leave it unguarded the emplacments will save it and will not allow infantry to get close to light it and drop artilerry. Like said - Best used in defense, it's totaly not for offensive tactics
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★