Login

russian armor

Panther video test 1v1

25 Jul 2014, 00:27 AM
Patrion 14

can people be less fixated on '33% less fuel income' shit? if they want to, why don't they mention 'free' frontier medic, repair, or aerial denial emplacement... ability to scavenge... ability to trade muni for fuel and vice versa...

lol at people thinking its my test

then may be you shouldn't have posted on the forum?
25 Jul 2014, 00:43 AM

This is a biased test, however the Panther does need some love. It's been pretty underwhelming since before WFA came out.
25 Jul 2014, 01:27 AM

I like the new Panther that being said however I think also that is too expensive for what it brings to the table. This effects the whole match up as it usually comes too late, at the time when there are few enemy tanks around (usually two or the second one is about to pop up) so in my opinion a cost decrease is needed.

If the cost is to stay unchanged than unit should be buffed so there is a reason for paying such high price in fuel.
25 Jul 2014, 08:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2014, 00:27 AMpigsoup

then may be you shouldn't have posted on the forum?

wut? I can post whatever I want, it is not forbidden, If you think this is my test (even I say it is NOT in the main post), then sir, you are retarded lol
25 Jul 2014, 09:28 AM

Slightly dissapointed in some of the usually excellent posters contributions in this thread. Lets try not to be so very one dimensional and take a closer look.

Edit: Due to the differences in stats between OKW and OstH panthers, with the former being much better, the following mostly applies to the osth version.

Lets first establish what the test does show: A panther fighting at close range with most allied tanks is mediocre at best. If caught close in any situation, whether due to mines, suprise, stun shots from other abilities and the like it is in a lot of trouble. Even if it tries to escape, most allied tanks keep pace and the best the Panther can hope for is both shooting at each others rear armor. In which case the test shows the results.

The test does, as was quickly pointed out, not show the Panther used at range, moving, or used against units with a relative equal cost until aquisition. What this means is;
- The Panthers higher penetration at all ranges would mean an advantage at long range.
- Very bad accuracy even while standing still is not represented in these point blank engagements, an accuracy issue that due to scatter modifiers is worse the farther away the panther is. As has been pointed out a straight "hit" is always a hit. As stated by Pqumsieh in an instructional video (which I fail to find at the moment) most tank vs tank "hits" are actually scatters hitting the target size box. Should the Panther be forced to move for some reason, such as trying to kill anything which is backing away when hit by a stationary panther at long range, this already bad accuracy becomes even worse (0,5).
-When paired against likely opposition within the Panthers arrival timing window, most battles depicted would be fought with two of any variety of allied medium tank vs the one Panther. The highly RNG based nature of armor penetration and the evidently low percentage of HP retained in any 1v1 fight renders Panthers unlikely to be very successful in any of these larger engagements.
- At least two allied tanks are not shown at their best either, most notably the M10 and the Jackson. The Jacksons higher range and lower scatter paired with very good penetration and damage gives it a clear edge at range. The M10 on the other hand sports faster speed, much better acceleration and therefore mobility along with faster turret rotation. The classical "turret turnabout strafe" is not an impossible scenario when cost is taken into account.

So, despite the satirical (I assume the video was meant as demonstrational satire) presentation, the video does paint a picture of a mediocre panther for cost no matter how one turns the issue.

Of course, under optimal circumstances given scopes, commanders or forward spotters not under fire, while sitting still versus opponents kind enough to do the same at a range beneficial to the Panther the tank shines if given enough time.
25 Jul 2014, 09:39 AM

The problem of the panther is that in its current state its nothing more then a glorified meat shield. now it does work better for the OKW because of the puma's but the ost really doesn't have any cheap high dps units (safe for the stug but its lack of turret makes a bit iify to use) that can work with the panther. if i want a meat shield i take the kt
25 Jul 2014, 10:08 AM

The Panther is fine. The call ins are just to cheap. If you have to tech to call them in, the Panther would be perfect.
25 Jul 2014, 10:09 AM
Patrion 14

wut? I can post whatever I want, it is not forbidden, If you think this is my test (even I say it is NOT in the main post), then sir, you are retarded lol

why are you getting so defensive dude. i didn't say you can't post things or make thread about what you want to. i said 'shouldn't' as to wonder why anyone would put this crap test on display like it means something.
25 Jul 2014, 10:57 AM
Patrion 14

The Panther itself is good. The problem is getting there.

As Wehrmacht, it costs an arm and a leg to get all the way to the heavy armor Korps building (60 fuel just to tech to T4 and then another 30 for the building). Considering y that the T3 tech also costs a significant amount of fuel, teching for a panther usually means you have to wait a long time (and forgo the P4). Germans are almost always on the backfoot so getting the panther out simply by the time and fuel costs makes the tank lackluster. I'm not so sure it's worth the price.

OKW has a bit easier time getting this tank out since the other trucks allow for units that can fill in the gaps for anti tank and anti infantry: In contrast, Wehrmacht heavily struggle without vehicles.

The panther itself performs well; it's just the insane cost, as Wehrmacht, associated with them that makes them feel a bit weak.
25 Jul 2014, 10:59 AM

As Wehrmacht, it costs an arm and a leg to get all the way to the heavy armor Korps building (60 fuel just to tech to T4 and then another 30 for the building). Considering y that the T3 tech also costs a significant amount of fuel, teching for a panther usually means you have to wait a long time (and forgo the P4). Germans are almost always on the backfoot so getting the panther out simply by the time and fuel costs makes the tank lackluster. I'm not so sure it's worth the price.

OKW has a bit easier time getting this tank out since the other trucks allow for units that can fill in the gaps for anti tank and anti infantry: In contrast, Wehrmacht heavily struggle without vehicles.

The panther itself performs well; it's just the insane cost, as Wehrmacht, associated with them that makes them feel a bit weak.

If you take into account though the reduced fuel income of OKW, the Panther also here is a hefty investment.

Yes, you can transfer munition into fuel, but then you again have no munition, and it requires that you actually went for the second and not the first truck (or built all of them).
25 Jul 2014, 11:10 AM

The OKW Panther actually has much better stats. It has 40% higher accuracy than the Wehrmacht Panther, 30% better accuracy modifier on the move (and this gets increased to 100% accuracy on the move with veterancy) and gets better veterancy bonuses, while costing a lot less overall to bring onto the field. I honestly wouldn't say the Ostheer Panther is good even ignoring the tech cost, it just has way too low DPS for cost with its constant missing, which the OKW Panther doesn't suffer from nearly as much.
25 Jul 2014, 11:31 AM

You should have tested the Panther at range so we could see how much it misses to really emphasise how crap it is.

That's a biased opinion. In fact the Panther has the same far accuracy as other tanks. That means the panther is at 50 range as accurate as a t34 at 40 range.
25 Jul 2014, 11:33 AM
Donator 11

You posted it and added a poll. You endorsed it and think it's a legitimate test. Thanks for bringing this cancerous piece of shit video that will undoubtedly be regurgitated by morons for months to come down upon us.

This...is called toxic behavior.
25 Jul 2014, 11:52 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2014, 11:10 AMCruzz

The OKW Panther actually has much better stats. It has 40% higher accuracy than the Wehrmacht Panther, 30% better accuracy modifier on the move (and this gets increased to 100% accuracy on the move with veterancy) and gets better veterancy bonuses, while costing a lot less overall to bring onto the field. I honestly wouldn't say the Ostheer Panther is good even ignoring the tech cost, it just has way too low DPS for cost with its constant missing, which the OKW Panther doesn't suffer from nearly as much.

Wait the base units are different? I never knew that. is it the same for the puma?
25 Jul 2014, 11:55 AM

Permanently Banned

Mods, please ban him for assuming someone is retarded! He is not good for our community
25 Jul 2014, 12:01 PM

Wait the base units are different? I never knew that. is it the same for the puma?

No, the Pumas differ in some really minor stats but nothing that really matters, the Ostwind uses the same (weapon) stats for both, and for the PIVs the OKW version has a slightly worse gun than the Ostheer one.
25 Jul 2014, 12:32 PM

Test may be debatable but after reading most of the posts I'm simply speachless.
I think the best option for OKW and OH is removing Panther from the game as long as people don't want this unit to be balanced. But I guess this won't suit you eather, because you won't have anymore an expensive crapy armor to make experience on your T34s or shermans on.
Panther has for me a big sign written on it: "stay away, I'm not worth it!". As pzwerfer has. In a nutshell: to expensive, to thinn, to underperforming. Has everything it needs to make your opponent happy and laugh at your worthless mp+fuel investment.
25 Jul 2014, 12:37 PM

In 2 vs 2 it has a right for exist. The Problem is that its not worth its cost in 1 vs 1.
And I mean only for Ostheer. The Panther of OKW is fine.
25 Jul 2014, 12:38 PM

Currently due to the meta, everything Panther can do the Puma can do it better and at way cheaper cost. Puma can actually kite Allied tank with its range, accuracy and view range. Currently, the only Panther worth getting is the Command Panther. Building normal Panther is just doesn't worth it, u better save your resources on KT or spent it on Jadgpanzer or Puma.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★