Login

russian armor

Panther video test 1v1

25 Jul 2014, 13:52 PM

-snip- off topic
25 Jul 2014, 13:56 PM

Panther is underperforming. But this video is total crap. Panthers are meant to die when flanked.
25 Jul 2014, 14:37 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Cleaned a bit this thread, please stick on topic and avoid accusing/flaming each other.
25 Jul 2014, 15:55 PM

Even if they upped the Panthers performance to the stats it had before the giant nerfs, it wouldn´t be op as all the Soviet tanks got buffs. Nerfing the Panther and buffing everything that it had to face was too much. Some of the changes should be reverted. Even if it got its former health back and a better rate of fire it would still be weaker than the old Panther as it still would face stronger tanks and cost a little fortune.

It would be nice if some Relic staff could comment on this. I´m sure by now they should have recognized the feedback on the Panther on all of the forums.
25 Jul 2014, 21:33 PM

Panther doesn't need a nerf. You need to play on its speed and good frontal armour. Its hard to kill if you can never hit anywhere other than the front.
26 Jul 2014, 07:40 AM

Terrrrrible test.

This is the equivelant to standing a squad of Obers next to some shock troops and saying the Obers are under performing because the shocks win and Obers are anti inf.

In fact this test is great at showing how tactical use of units is a must in this game. The only reason the panther won in most of those was the slower rotation speed, so other tanks got 1st shot.

If you get outmanouvered at close range GG... why didnt you kite with excellent RANGE, ARMOUR and PENETRATION.. :s

I think what people do when they get a panther, and Ive done it myself, is think, right awesome, I have high armour and speed, I can just stomp my enemy with it, and get very recless and carless with it.

But if you play cautiously with it, using combined fire arms of shreks/ATguns as a fall back / flank protection, what do you really expect your enemy to do then to take it out.. their armour will be constantly scared off and forced to retreat, then you need to win the inf engagements.
26 Jul 2014, 08:22 AM
Developer Relic Badge

As Ostheer, why not just support the ATGs and infantry with cheaper Panzer IVs and StuGs? Both can blast infantry and deal with most mediums when supported. High penetration only really matters against certain tanks like the E8 and heavies, you even get TWP with StuGs to ensure enemies can't run. Also, far greater shock value. By the time the Panther gets there, there's going to be far more AT on the field and tanks to deal with.

27 Jul 2014, 11:44 AM

For its price Panther is really weak. I am ok with big price but Panther should be decent tank. Not like now when even normal Shermans can kill it with not that much problems...
27 Jul 2014, 12:10 PM

Panther is extremly UNDERPERFORMED now, I will never build a panther after it was nerfed heavily. P4 is better than Panther, 50 fuel less than panther ,only 160 HP less than Panther ,and P4 have stronger AI fire than panther. Almost forgot that, Panther's accuracy is shit. Panther and Ostheer tec-upgrading are jokes!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★