Panther video test 1v1

Balanced or Underperforming?
Option Distribution Votes
31%
69%
Total votes: 61
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
24 Jul 2014, 20:47 PM

In case someone didnt watch it I post it.
So what do you think guys? (NOT MY TEST, IM SPANISH, NOT RUSSIAN OR WHATEVER)

24 Jul 2014, 20:51 PM

needs a third option. stupid video of a worthless test. lets see another one where they actually shoot the panthers front armor. the last test at 8:00 isnt useful since he obviously ran the test multiple times until the t34 penned every shot. the chances of that are extremely slim.

the differences in pen mean the t34 is best at close range, while the panther would be best used at max range.
24 Jul 2014, 20:55 PM

I think that when they shootit fron the right side, they are actually aiming at the front armor, not the rear.
24 Jul 2014, 20:55 PM

I think this test is extremely silly.

• Panther has 50 range. That's ten more range, 25% more range than any other medium tank. It can get the first shot off. It can kite an enemy tank around forever in theory with it's excellent speed. With good micro the Panther needs never get hit at all.

• The Panther has insane penetration. It penetrates even the "Easy Eight" 100% of the time if I am not mistaken. One is stacking the odds against the Panther in their tests by making the tanks fight point-blank. Penetration goes up at short range. Panther doesn't need bonus penetration. Other medium tanks against the Panther do. This fits with it being a long range tank.

It's a biased test as far I can tell. The controls favor tanks other than the Panther. It's just not realistic and doesn't take advantage of the unique advantages of the Panther.

edit:

I mean, who really just fights tanks in the real game like this? Point blank? Not moving at all? Not using range?

It's just... unrealistic and skewed to show the Panther as being worse than it is.
24 Jul 2014, 20:58 PM

Completely unfair test. You should have tested the Panther at range so we could see how much it misses to really emphasise how crap it is.
24 Jul 2014, 20:59 PM

lol at people thinking its my test
24 Jul 2014, 21:00 PM

I think this test is extremely silly.

It's just not realistic and doesn't take advantage of the unique advantages of the Panther.

It's cool somebody took the time to do this but yea.
24 Jul 2014, 21:01 PM

Test is fail.But so is panther's price and so called 'range' argument.With its accuracy plz go to sleep first.
24 Jul 2014, 21:01 PM

But lets be honest only a complete idiot will fight Panther without flanking if there is any possible opportunity to flank it or rush it.

So what kind of idiot leaves his Panther, ass forward at close range during an entire fight?
24 Jul 2014, 21:06 PM

Only bad thing about panther it terrible accuracy on the move, thus making "Hunting" tank almost unable to effectively finish its prey. Also it needs hold fire badly.
24 Jul 2014, 21:07 PM

The same problem as always with the Panther. Too expensive for what it does. It was made too fight T34/76 hordes which will never come because the Soviet T4 is now useful. Against USA it has actually a value.

OKW doesn't have a big problem, but Ostheer has. Now that Soviet T4 is finally good we could bring back Ostheer T4 by giving the Panther a small cost reduction. Maybe 550 mp and 150-160 fuel or something like that.

And its range is not that special anymore. As Soviet you just get Stanlin's Organ + ZIS and you are fine.
As USA you should aready have Slugger or M10 when Panther arrives.

And yeah this test should include realistic situation with micro. This is just what happens on the paper. And on the paper a lot can happen.
24 Jul 2014, 21:08 PM

Remember kids, 100% of pro players always keep rear of panther to the enemy.

If you don't stick opponents barrel into butt of your tank you are playing panther wrong.
24 Jul 2014, 21:08 PM

This test..
24 Jul 2014, 21:09 PM
Honorary Member Badge

In theory wouldn't it be better to have the Panther sit still instead of reversing/kiting an approaching tank, because of it's extremely high scatter and the 0.5 movement accuracy penalty? The difference in damage taken would seem marginal compared to the difference in shots landed.
24 Jul 2014, 21:15 PM

panthers are best at max range. like shephard said, their pen is typically high enough that they dont benefit from getting closer. the enemy tanks will benefit from getting close to the panther. not moving lets tanks get close and/or get to the panthers rear armor (which is lower than most tanks).

id say kiting is your best option considering the other tanks will have the same accuracy and scatter penalties.
24 Jul 2014, 21:16 PM

Another point is that any slight change in height in the ground makes it miss. I missed at least 5 shots straight on a disabled KV8 from mid range on Minsk pocket before I realised what was going on.
24 Jul 2014, 21:19 PM

In theory wouldn't it be better to have the Panther sit still instead of reversing/kiting an approaching tank, because of it's extremely high scatter and the 0.5 movement accuracy penalty? The difference in damage taken would seem marginal compared to the difference in shots landed.

In theory the battle should be 1v2 in favour of the allied Tanks. The Panther would be on the backfoot trying not to get outflanked by either tank. There would more likely be German Infantry nearby (as opposed to Allied Infantry) since the Allied Tanks would be chasing the Panther back to his own lines.
24 Jul 2014, 21:21 PM

The range is double fail because of need for spotter.This is useless in aggressive action makes the whole point of 'tank hunter' meaningless.Also since the moment it meets bazzokas or at gun it'll have to flee anyway.
24 Jul 2014, 21:24 PM

The panther with spotting scopes is excellent tank hunter and can make great use of its additional visual range (nearly double).

The C Panther is also very good due to having spotting scopes already attached.
24 Jul 2014, 21:26 PM

Stupid tests for stupid people. Disregard, move on.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 40
unknown 6
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak