Login

russian armor

Maxim Spam

• This thread is locked
PAGES (7)down
10 Aug 2014, 13:37 PM
Honorary Member Badge

did some spring cleaning. guys please be respectful to your fellow human beings whether they are from relic or not. :)
10 Aug 2014, 23:39 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2014, 11:26 AMJaigen

The problem with the maxim is their early game durability. simply put reduce the 6 man to 4 man and the spam will stop overnight as maxims then no longer have the durability to operate alone and grenades finally have an impact on them. it still makes them excellent support weapons and the emphasis is on support. they are meant to support other soviet units and not operate alone.

yes please.
11 Aug 2014, 00:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2014, 11:26 AMJaigen

The problem with the maxim is their early game durability. simply put reduce the 6 man to 4 man and the spam will stop overnight as maxims then no longer have the durability to operate alone and grenades finally have an impact on them. it still makes them excellent support weapons and the emphasis is on support. they are meant to support other soviet units and not operate alone.

yes at least try it for a patch.
11 Aug 2014, 00:53 AM

make it a 5 man squad, done.
11 Aug 2014, 05:00 AM

nerfing maxim without buffing conscripts & penals (and im not talking about cheesy m3 flamer gimmicks) would suck complete ass
11 Aug 2014, 05:39 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2014, 00:53 AMakula
make it a 5 man squad, done.

4 man.
11 Aug 2014, 05:43 AM

4 man,they can increase the hp of individual models.The 4 man would be more vulnerable to snipers and mortars.No more sticking it into building and chilling in team games,because mg 42 can't do the same.
11 Aug 2014, 05:52 AM

Permanently Banned
4 man,they can increase the hp of individual models.The 4 man would be more vulnerable to snipers and mortars.No more sticking it into building and chilling in team games,because mg 42 can't do the same.

Being able to merge is already a far to great advantage for Maxim.
11 Aug 2014, 06:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2014, 05:00 AMArclyte
nerfing maxim without buffing conscripts & penals (and im not talking about cheesy m3 flamer gimmicks) would suck complete ass

yeah i agree. conscripts should get a buff if maxims get nerfed. come to think of it.... if maxim gets nerfed then everyone will be using m3, snipers, and m3 lol
11 Aug 2014, 06:33 AM

I wouldn't mind giving conscripts better lategame scalability.Like a single of the guards lmgs upgrade.But earlygame stats shouldn't change or it will beat grens very easily.

Penals on other hand could use a universal buff,however correspondingly m3s would need looking at lest penals in m3 early on become too powerful.
11 Aug 2014, 06:57 AM

How about so that when conscripts get vet 2 they become as accurate as guards/volksgrenadier eh? Conscripts do get vet very fast just like any other core infantry squad. I find that when fighting the West they idea is not always to kill them but to bleed them as much as possible. The Sturmpioniere are so easy to force retreat with 2 squads of conscripts while Volksgrenadier you don't even need anything special except a conscript squad. Then maxims can have 4 men squads instead of 6 men as it is.
11 Aug 2014, 07:07 AM

I dont see how buffing Cons, somehow magically fixes Maxims.
11 Aug 2014, 07:34 AM

It doesn't, but if Maxims go, then Soviets are in deep trouble.

Because if you look at it, what other non-doctrinal options do the Soviets have?

Cons? Nope. Everything is better than them.
Penals? Almost as bad, plus scale even worse than cons...
Maxim? Too bad that just got nerfed.

And now what? What else is there, when I happen to want to play NKVD Rifle Disruption Tactics?

Now, I wouldn't spam Maxims either, because they lack scaling into lategame just as much as say penals (in that they lack some of form of AT) , but nerfing it like that is not the answer.

I've been playing a fair bit of both OKW and Ostheer lately and I've encountered a fair bit of the old maxim spam. It's been difficult, but it's now worse than countering LMG gren blobs or Sturmpios. It has just required a different approach. Mortars, indirect fire and cover. Not your standard blobbing nonsense.

I'm interested to see a replay of this OP Maxim spam we see here. Could someone link or point me to a particular replay? The replays I see on Dane's replays generally show all the maxims dead by mid game and Germans in a not too bad position.
11 Aug 2014, 07:36 AM

I don't understand, some people here seem to not understand that that all axis units have proportionally higher DPS than their soviet counterparts to account for the larger squad sizes.
A german sniper kills a soviet 6 man team just as fast as a soviet sniper kills a 4 man team.

A grenadier squad kills a maxim just as fast as a conscript squad kills a mg 42 team.
11 Aug 2014, 08:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2014, 07:36 AMBurts
I don't understand

Sov Sniper also has 2 models.
And Sov Support Teams survive against everything else as +2man over other factions.

That part you understand, right?
11 Aug 2014, 08:35 AM

I don't understand, some people here seem to not understand that that all axis units have proportionally higher DPS than their soviet counterparts to account for the larger squad sizes.
A german sniper kills a soviet 6 man team just as fast as a soviet sniper kills a 4 man team.

A grenadier squad kills a maxim just as fast as a conscript squad kills a mg 42 team.
Yes, that is true that german deal more damage than their soviet counterparts (Except MGs) but remember that conscripts can merge with weapon teams to maintain that rate of fire for very long. 6 men that takes quite a while to die and take grenades better than their german counterpart while being able to be reinforced by conscripts will mean they are real threats in the game. You can choose to maintain that rate of fire by merging with conscripts or have more rifles shooting. I choose the former since a well microed maxim is better than the MG42 unless the MG42 has vet.
11 Aug 2014, 08:37 AM

I dont see how buffing Cons, somehow magically fixes Maxims.
By buffing conscripts (giving them more accuracy with vet 2) while reducing weapon crew to 4 men, you would reduce the number of maxim spammers and would see more conscripts strat. Shouldn't core infantry be doing the most of the fighting instead of say 6 Machine guns.
11 Aug 2014, 08:59 AM

This is nonsense argument. support weapons are not supposed to get hit. if you then you have made a mistake. second the mg42 and 34 and functioning perfectly fine despite facing the ami's which can have the highest dps output per popcap in the game.

11 Aug 2014, 10:23 AM
Patrion 14

People still complaining about maxim?

They are fine.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %