Login

russian armor

Maxim Spam

• This thread is locked
PAGES (7)down
11 Aug 2014, 17:06 PM

maxims need to die easier and have a price increase if you soviet "players" want the maxim to stay the way it is. thats facts. no one gives a shit what the top 1v1 players say really. no one plays 1v1. maxim spam is a huge problem in team games.
11 Aug 2014, 17:12 PM

Permanently Banned

o_O really?

Welcome to current Meta game :(

Cannonade:

Reduce the squad size to 5 or eventually 4 people but leave the rest as it is. BUT fix the conscripts, give them better veterancy boni!
11 Aug 2014, 17:22 PM

o_O really?

Against heavy soviet T2 + Shocks?

Yes, really.
11 Aug 2014, 17:24 PM

You cannot reduce maxim squad size until you make rifle nades doctrine specific.

Most soviets would love to use other options than maxims, unfortunately bad design choices from relic have put soviet core infantry in a bad spot. Make all infantry squads 4 man models and rebalance. Asymmetrical balance can be achieved by giving faction units unique abilities instead of unique sqaud sizes.

Also people need to understand why soviets need to use maxims and it is more complicated than you may think.

1. Terrible game design decision to force soviets to choose tier one or two. Most soviet doctrines require you to save all your fuel for call in units. This means that you must do a tier two start to get access to at guns which require no fuel.

2. Conscripts do not scale mid to late game against lmg Grens or early game vs okw. So the only starting unit you can engage with in a tier two start is maxims. And it is not to cheese but to hold a line and get enough cp to call in 2 cp special infantry. If your doctrine even has them.

3. Another bad design choice is forcing soviets to rely on call in units. Like I stated above tier one hase zero at abilities. This means wasting fuel, ammunition and manpower on upgrading conscripts which take up pop cap and cannot compete with lmg Grens or okw. Or you can spend more manpower and fuel to go tier one and tier two. Just to build one at gun.

4. Different sqaud sizes for factions make balancing the game nightmare. Another poor game design decision.
11 Aug 2014, 17:25 PM

You cannot reduce maxim squad size until you make rifle nades doctrine specific.

Most soviets would love to use other options than maxims, unfortunately bad design choices from relic have put soviet core infantry in a bad spot. Make all infantry squads 4 man models and rebalance. Asymmetrical balance can be achieved by giving faction units unique abilities instead of unique sqaud sizes.

Also people need to understand why soviets need to use maxims and it is more complicated than you may think.

1. Terrible game design decision to force soviets to choose tier one or two. Most soviet doctrines require you to save all your fuel for call in units. This means that you must do a tier two start to get access to at guns which require no fuel.

2. Conscripts do not scale mid to late game against lmg Grens or early game vs okw. So the only starting unit you can engage with in a tier two start is maxims. And it is not to cheese but to hold a line and get enough cp to call in 2 cp special infantry. If your doctrine even has them.

3. Another bad design choice is forcing soviets to rely on call in units. Like I stated above tier one hase zero at abilities. This means wasting fuel, ammunition and manpower on upgrading conscripts which take up pop cap and cannot compete with lmg Grens or okw. Or you can spend more manpower and fuel to go tier one and tier two. Just to build one at gun.

4. Different sqaud sizes for factions make balancing the game nightmare. Another poor game design decision.
11 Aug 2014, 17:32 PM

You are saying that the counter to all support weapons should not counter this. suffice to say the issue currently is its durability but that is not an issue if you support your maxims with scripts.
11 Aug 2014, 18:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2014, 16:11 PMGreeb

Dude, I'm tired of reading you accusing people whitout any proof.

Get tired,because god knows we are tired of seeing soviet noob a-move maxims spamming one unit in team games ,sticking them in buildings and rolling.2vs 2 sometime u get lucky when its essentially 1 player vs 1 on each side...1 vs 1 maxim is not issue.Above that its greatest abuse shit.Proof is why relic is looking into it.
I've been playing ostheer for a long time and i know how to use my LMgs,shocks are not unbeatable..and i never claim it to be so..the whole shocks thing came up on the context from soviet fanboy whining that if maxims are nerfed soviets will have no infantry..which is patently false..shocks are excellent infantry..second best in the game after obsersoldaten..thats how shocks came into discussion.Read the discussion before accusing me.Soviets penals need a buff..other than that soviet general infantry overall remains good.
11 Aug 2014, 18:42 PM

Don't care about overhyped rifle nades..u can take them whatever.Maximspam's gotta go.
Btw why is mg 42 useless in buildings why maxim is uber with 6 men?when both have same arc?why soviet fanboys silent on this?Not even bothering to ask how maxim an obsolete mg of pre ww1 vintage walks into set up mg 42 ,sets up and wins...lol.Again the miracle of 6 men squds.Takes ages to kill with mortars in buildings..can merge and keep going at will...far less vulnerable to snipers.FEH..ITS THE WORST BULLSHIT in the game in team matches.
Vaz
11 Aug 2014, 18:44 PM

Can you guys just let cannonade have his own opinion. He disagrees, let it be. If he trolls you, then report him.
11 Aug 2014, 18:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2014, 18:44 PMVaz
Can you guys just let cannonade have his own opinion. He disagrees, let it be. If he trolls you, then report him.

Of course. That applies to everyone. Including you. And me.

Dunno why you feel it necessary to state it separately at me as if anyone here is exempt from that.
11 Aug 2014, 18:49 PM

I'm pretty sure that when the no 1 OKW player on the ladder says Maxims are fine, they are bloody well fine. Learn to counter them.
11 Aug 2014, 18:51 PM

Don't care about overhyped rifle nades..u can take them whatever.Maximspam's gotta go.
Btw why is mg 42 useless in buildings why maxim is uber with 6 men?when both have same arc?why soviet fanboys silent on this?Not even bothering to ask how maxim an obsolete mg of pre ww1 vintage walks into set up mg 42 ,sets up and wins...lol.Again the miracle of 6 men squds.Takes ages to kill with mortars in buildings..can merge and keep going at will...far less vulnerable to snipers.FEH..ITS THE WORST BULLSHIT in the game in team matches.

Oh stop overreacting.

Takes ages to kill with mortar because of 6 man crews? No way, the German mortar fires faster because of soviet 6 man squads.
Less vulnerable to snipers? Again, no. Unless you are playing a mirror match between 2 soviets, the maxim is just as vulnerable to snipers as the MG42. Why? Because the German sniper fires faster.

If you don't care about rifle nades, that's fine. Don't use them and continue crying over the OP maxim while not using your best tool against them.
11 Aug 2014, 19:33 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

OK ...we're on page 7...and several of you are staggering about like heavyweights in a top boxing bout, who have taken a punch or three....others peer on from the outside of the board, anonymous, necks doubled back,slowing down, watching a car crash....and for that reason

ENDEX
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight