Login

russian armor

State of the balance according to Imperial Dane

• This thread is locked
PAGES (16)down
22 Jul 2014, 18:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2014, 17:54 PMMadeMan

I dunno, it did stop all their resource income for the rest of the game and was slow as molasses too. You could conceivably engine damage it and then just make a bee-line for his base/cap the rest of the map/slowly bleed his infantry to death since it was too slow to really cover a lot of the map at once.

Most of the time the mapcontrol no longer mattered. You could only stop the ace if you were already winning hard. If it was an even game, with both players having the same army count, the free tiger ace would give the german player so much power that they could just move up and base rape you with their entire army.

Most players were bad and only called it in when they were losing badly, or they forgot to call in an extra pio with instant vet 3 and give them a sweeper before calling in the ace. Bad usage of the unit by most players just make this unit appear to be somewhat OK balance wise. It was not.
22 Jul 2014, 18:29 PM

Bad usage of the unit by most players just make this unit appear to be somewhat OK balance wise. It was not.

Reminds me of the infamous Sov unit known as maxim.
22 Jul 2014, 18:34 PM

Reminds me of the infamous Sov unit known as maxim.

Except in this case its performance heavily depends on how bad the opponent is.

Not a single top player have a problem with it.
Not a single top player uses it.

However it works wonders against bads who believe if they can't a-move something, its bad balance.
22 Jul 2014, 18:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2014, 18:34 PMKatitof

Except in this case its performance heavily depends on how bad the opponent is.

Not a single top player have a problem with it.
Not a single top player uses it.

However it works wonders against bads who believe if they can't a-move something, its bad balance.

If you can't admit that its over performing compared to the other mg's in the game then you really need to get your eyes checked.
22 Jul 2014, 18:45 PM

If you can't admit that its over performing compared to the other mg's in the game then you really need to get your eyes checked.

It's got a third of the firing arc of any other MG's and somehow it's overperforming by shooting bullets in a smaller area.
22 Jul 2014, 18:47 PM

Maxims aren't a big deal in 1v1. They're great supplements to your army, as they should be, but spamming them isn't very viable. It is much different in team games where your ally can make up for their weaknesses.
22 Jul 2014, 19:01 PM

It can't suppress more then one squad if you don't babysit it.

It can be flanked by accident due to smallest arc.

It deploys fast, but turns slowest of all HMGs.

It gets hardcountered by 2 squads of anything that walk 10 meters next to each other.

Clearly signs of it being overpowered. Hard to not admit how incredibly potent doom machine it is indeed <444>_<444>

If you have problems with maxims, you need to L2P.
We've had that discussion already, nothing much have changes since, except maxim getting nerfed.

If you still have problems against it, the issue is serious and is located somewhere between keyboard and a chair.
22 Jul 2014, 19:02 PM

How can you judge his balance opinion when you dont have a badge yourself?????????????????????????????????????????????????

I am a strategist within my own mind, that is why. I have assisted in many fields of strategic depth and even applied to become one on this very forum. But we both know why I am unable to get it. :P
Anyways people know who I am, and what I do. My player card can also endorse this. So obviously my input is needed.
22 Jul 2014, 19:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2014, 19:01 PMKatitof

It can't suppress more then one squad if you don't babysit it.

It can be flanked by accident due to smallest arc.

It deploys fast, but turns slowest of all HMGs.

It gets hardcountered by 2 squads of anything that walk 10 meters next to each other.

Clearly signs of it being overpowered. Hard to not admit how incredibly potent doom machine it is indeed <444>_<444>

If you have problems with maxims, you need to L2P.
We've had that discussion already, nothing much have changes since, except maxim getting nerfed.

If you still have problems against it, the issue is serious and is located somewhere between keyboard and a chair.

LOL instant pin and awesome range makes up for all that. So 90% of the community need to L2P? Why is it every day there is a new thread about how BS the maxim is? O wait i forgot i know how you don't know that the maxim is over performing. YOU DON'T PLAY THE GAME.
22 Jul 2014, 19:11 PM

LOL instant pin and awesome range makes up for all that. So 90% of the community need to L2P? Why is it every day there is a new thread about how BS the maxim is? O wait i forgot i know how you don't know that the maxim is over performing. YOU DON'T PLAY THE GAME.

Oh yea, that imba instant pin and awesome range that is exactly the same as all other HMGs <444>_<444>

Clearly shows how OP it is. That full 3 bursts to only suppress a single squad on mid range.
The only insta pin is the one in your head. You've pinned it a label it doesn't have, believing yourself that it performs better then it actually does in reality. Such is the beautiful world of "I see what I want to see, facts? Proofs? These are for suckers and fanbois, I know better." self delusions :loco:
22 Jul 2014, 19:11 PM

It gets flanked super easy and have a small cone. I'm not really seeing the problem tbh. A Double Sniper or OKW pressure can usually deal with it.

Honestly every time a Soviet goes support the Wehrmacht should get at least one sniper since they have nothing to counter.
22 Jul 2014, 19:14 PM

Why is it every day there is a new thread about how BS the maxim is?

Because you and a couple of other forum heroes have to make a new one every day?
22 Jul 2014, 19:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2014, 19:10 PMNapalm

It starts with an A and ends with a K. :P
22 Jul 2014, 19:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2014, 19:02 PMVonIvan

I am a strategist within my own mind, that is why. I have assisted in many fields of strategic depth and even applied to become one on this very forum. But we both know why I am unable to get it. :P
Anyways people know who I am, and what I do. My player card can also endorse this. So obviously my input is needed.

+1 Von is a good strategist/player. He has given lots of valuable input in the past regarding balance and other such matters.

I think a lot of the disconnect in some people thinking Maxims aren't OP while others think they are simply comes down to game size. As I said before, in a 1v1 they're definitely strong units but they're far from being OP (the MG42 is much better than a Maxim in a 1v1) - however in team games the opposite becomes true. It is more than twice as hard to pull of proper flanks in team games, as compared to 1v1s. The fact that Maxims don't bleed at all isn't as important because your allies can worry about that part (*cough* snipers *cough*) blah blah blah the reasons should be pretty obvious.

Maxims in 1v1 are fine. Maxim spam in 1v1 is extremely easy to beat.
Maxims are OP in 2v2/3v3/4v4. Don't believe me? Just go look at how many 2v2 tournaments me and omgpop won. And to save everyone some time - one of us spammed maxims in EVERY Soviet 2v2 game. And we never lost a Soviet tourney game.

The real issue is this: how do you balance Soviet maxims and snipers for team games, without making them useless in 1v1s. Snipers are, arguably, under-performing against Ostheer (while generally over-performing against OKW) in 1v1. Maxims are very well balanced against each faction in 1v1. But the combination of these two units in team games is extraordinarily difficult to beat. (perhaps unbeatable in the hands of the right players)
22 Jul 2014, 19:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2014, 19:22 PMCieZ

+1 Von is a good strategist/player. He has given lots of valuable input in the past regarding balance and other such matters.

+1 VonIvan streams shirtless and doesn't give a fuck. As valuable as his strategic mind is for this community, shirtless streaming is often over looked. I'd vote that a new user badge gets created that honors shirtless streaming.
22 Jul 2014, 19:30 PM

Maybe that is what it is. I strictly play 1v1 and they don't seem OP to me. I definitely go T2 with the Soviets every time against OKW though due to the threat of the half track. The only time I go T1 against them is if I'm going guards in which Guards in a M3 with a lmg is pretty damn potent.

Honestly a strict Soviet player I would swap the maxim for the mg42 any day of the week.
22 Jul 2014, 20:22 PM

Thus spake DarthBong420

Maybe if you weren't high all the time you could defeat maxim spam like any good player can
22 Jul 2014, 20:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2014, 17:24 PMKatitof
Because masses like to follow famous people, regardless if they are right or wrong(Hitler anyone?).

Did you just compare Dane to Hitler? :S

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2014, 19:11 PMKatitof
Oh yea, that imba instant pin and awesome range that is exactly the same as all other HMGs <444>_<444>

1st Clip: Maxim firing into 2 squads in Cover.
2nd Clip: Maxim not set up yet, squads move in, repeat Step 1.

All MG's lose effectiveness vs units in cover, not just Maxim.
22 Jul 2014, 20:53 PM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2014, 17:55 PMVonIvan
Imperial Dane, a caster. Oh he's talking about balance.....shouldn't a.....strategist be talking about balance? There's a difference between a caster and a strategist, a HUGE difference. His video made my day though.

Your better than that Ivan.

Both of you have lots of game experience. Neither of you have (as far as we know) are professionals in the gaming industry. Other than your self proclamations, how is his opinion less valuable/more "
wrong/more correct" than your opinion?

If you disagree with him, how about laying down some counter points, back it with game clips and stats? Show us why he's misguided and drawn false conclusions. IMHO its extremely immature, to use a low effort, backhanded video clip to attempt to increase your own credibility, by stepping on Dane.
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS