Login

russian armor

Infantry Blobs

• This thread is locked
PAGES (11)down
13 Jul 2014, 10:52 AM

Isnt that the approach that keeps blobbing viable? I mean, if we follow you logic the only viable counter to blibbing would be a counterblob.

No.

The point is that the only way to properly counter an enemy force is to have at least a comparable investment into that fight.

If my opponent has nothing but one MG on the point, spending a few minutes delicately arranging my entire army just to kill it is wasted time. I have enough firepower to wipe it out, may as well punch it in the face, get capping and move on.

But so long as your force is at least half of your opponent's, a well micored force will always counter a blob. Two overlapping MG's and a little supporting infantry is a big ol' middle finger to infantry blobs all day every day.
13 Jul 2014, 11:12 AM

Why you guys just don't try spec ops commander of OKW ? 10muni grenade spam that wipes entire squads
13 Jul 2014, 11:37 AM

Why you guys just don't try spec ops commander of OKW ? 10muni grenade spam that wipes entire squads

5 normally 30 muni grenades for 10 muni. It comes with scavenge commander too :D
13 Jul 2014, 15:48 PM

No.

The point is that the only way to properly counter an enemy force is to have at least a comparable investment into that fight.

If my opponent has nothing but one MG on the point, spending a few minutes delicately arranging my entire army just to kill it is wasted time. I have enough firepower to wipe it out, may as well punch it in the face, get capping and move on.

But so long as your force is at least half of your opponent's, a well micored force will always counter a blob. Two overlapping MG's and a little supporting infantry is a big ol' middle finger to infantry blobs all day every day.

That's not the case for armor combat, though. A single P4 or even a puma can defeat an ISU if the ISU is used poorly enough. Likewise, if multiple elefants are reversed towards a ZiS gun, they'll get destroyed. You can lose a Tiger Ace to a lowly mortar if you're dicking around on the ice. IMO walking 30 dudes directly into a machine gun is the infantry equivalent of these mistakes but isn't punished in the same way.

Also, it's not so much that the MG should necessarily *win* that engagement, more that such poor tactics as rushing it head on with no flanking should carry some penalty, like heavy losses.

If the blob needed to send one squad to distract it, and then the other four around to flank, that would be fine.
13 Jul 2014, 15:54 PM

5 normally 30 muni grenades for 10 muni. It comes with scavenge commander too :D

I see I'm not who isn't blinded by call-in infanrty squads. Spec ops is not only good against blobs but rapes maxim spam too.
13 Jul 2014, 16:03 PM

That's not the case for armor combat, though. A single P4 or even a puma can defeat an ISU if the ISU is used poorly enough. Likewise, if multiple elefants are reversed towards a ZiS gun, they'll get destroyed. You can lose a Tiger Ace to a lowly mortar if you're dicking around on the ice. IMO walking 30 dudes directly into a machine gun is the infantry equivalent of these mistakes but isn't punished in the same way.

That is because all of your examples are armour which functions on a fundamentally different level. Unlike an ISU, no infantry needs to worry about pathing or the lack of a turret, do they? Nor sinking on ice, for that matter.

Also, it's not so much that the MG should necessarily *win* that engagement, more that such poor tactics as rushing it head on with no flanking should carry some penalty, like heavy losses.

If the blob needed to send one squad to distract it, and then the other four around to flank, that would be fine.

Bad micro does not in and of itself have any penalties at all. Just because your opponent is doing derpy things does not mean the game is going to reach out and slap him for it. That's your responsibility.

If you flank an ISU with no support and it dies, that's you punishing an over-extended ISU.

If a blob kills a single unsupported MG that's a worse decision on your part than the blobbing was.

If you want blobs to be punished, set up a few MG's and something to explode and actually do it yourself, jesus.
13 Jul 2014, 16:20 PM

From personal experience, I've been seeing more and more blobs after the release of Western Front Armies, especially the start of this week.

I've been playing the USF armies heavily in 2v2 and 3v3 and I must say, it's beginning to get super ridiculous. The blob in question is mainly the volks shrek squads. When you've got rifleman with BARs who lose against volks with shreks at any range, you've got a problem.

When you have the same squad counter vehicles incredibly effectively, you've got a problem.

When you've got the same squad have 5(FIVE) upgrades, you've got a problem.

While I do obviously see personal and team mate skill being a factor, I've had for too many games to be absolutely dominant mid to late only to lose because of bullshit shrek squads that first run through everything and push back my squads, only to come back and destroy my tanks because of how ahead they are on the terrain thanks to the mobile retreat point.

This same problem persists even if I decide to push forward with said tanks. It's simply ridiculous and takes all the skill out of the game.

If the game is being solely balanced for 1v1 play, then it should be made clear. Because as it stands, I have no answer for this abysmally aggravating 'tactic'. Flacktrack gets destroyed even though they're under suppression. US mortar doesnt do enough damage. the M8 is too far down the tree. Hell even the sherman with an upgraded machine gun cant seem to deal with them. And dont even mention mg's. That yellow suppression icon creates so much false hope.

Either way, something needs to be done. I'm sick to death at losing solely to shrek blobs even though I had complete control of the game.
13 Jul 2014, 16:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2014, 16:20 PMGlacier
From personal experience, I've been seeing more and more blobs after the release of Western Front Armies, especially the start of this week.

I've been playing the USF armies heavily in 2v2 and 3v3 and I must say, it's beginning to get super ridiculous. The blob in question is mainly the volks shrek squads. When you've got rifleman with BARs who lose against volks with shreks at any range, you've got a problem.

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2014, 16:20 PMGlacier
rifleman with BARs who lose against volks with shreks

13 Jul 2014, 17:32 PM

Amazingly constructive post. You're cancerous.
13 Jul 2014, 17:39 PM

Dude... you could have written that obersoldaten loose to soviet combat engies and that would made as much sense as the part he(and me and pretty much anyone) laughed at.
13 Jul 2014, 17:45 PM

I don't see why people seem to think that to defeat a zero effort blob, you must give it your all. Why should one person be giving everything to fight someone who might as well be watching television and playing on the side?
13 Jul 2014, 17:58 PM

I still wonder what the point of an MG team even is in this patch. The sole "purpose" of an MG team is to suppress squads so you can control points on the map but as it stands right now squads can just walk into the MG and kill it anyways.

Same thing with any anti-infantry armor (KV8, ostwind, sturmtiger, flaktrack etc). Given the current state of blobs, these anti-infantry vehicles are completely ineffective at doing their one job and hence there is no purpose to even build them.
13 Jul 2014, 17:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2014, 17:39 PMKatitof
Dude... you could have written that obersoldaten loose to soviet combat engies and that would made as much sense as the part he(and me and pretty much anyone) laughed at.

Is there something I'm missing or are you guys the 'elite' side of the community?

BAR's are suppose to give you short to mid range power. Coupled with grenades, I don't understand why you should lose against volks shreks, especially when you're up close. And I fail to see how my comment has anything of the sort to do with what you implied.

Please contain your autism. It's unsightly.
13 Jul 2014, 18:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2014, 17:58 PMVulture
I still wonder what the point of an MG team even is in this patch. The sole "purpose" of an MG team is to suppress squads so you can control points on the map but as it stands right now squads can just walk into the MG and kill it anyways.

The general consensus is that the MG 42 needs to be babysat by precious Grenadiers that could be out fighting or capping. The M2 is more mobile so it can better support Riflemen in attacks, and the Maxim can either use it's superior mobility to support Conscripts or even Attack Move by itself.
13 Jul 2014, 18:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2014, 17:59 PMGlacier

Is there something I'm missing or are you guys the 'elite' side of the community?

BAR's are suppose to give you short to mid range power. Coupled with grenades, I don't understand why you should lose against volks shreks, especially when you're up close. And I fail to see how my comment has anything of the sort to do with what you implied.

Volks can't win vs BAR rifles,especially not with 4 kar 98ks ...the statement from u is false.I think the volks blob had obersoldaten supporting it from the back with volks as frontal meatshield..only way they could have crushed ur rifle blobs with bars.1 obersoldaten squad can easily wipe out 2 bar rifle squads if u failed to focus fire on it and it got time to pour out its insane DPS.So i think u missed 1-2 ober squads within that volks blob..otherwise not possible for volks to beat bar blob.
13 Jul 2014, 18:04 PM

Nor does anyone else see how this is possible, because the game disagrees with you. If you lose a rifleman squad to a volks squad after BAR upgrades, either you're an idiot, or you're an idiot.

Please contain your failure, it's embarrassing.

The general consensus is that the MG 42 needs to be babysat by precious Grenadiers that could be out fighting or capping. The M2 is more mobile so it can better support Riflemen in attacks, and the Maxim can either use it's superior mobility to support Conscripts or even Attack Move by itself.

Horrible misconception. The MG42 suppresses squads to control firefights, not to sit alone in a corner of the map being some sort of super area denial one man army.
13 Jul 2014, 18:06 PM

And you don't loose to shrecked volks with BARed rifles, unless you're like... worst player on the planet.
Shrecked Volks can't win against BAR rifles unless you think grenades are collectibles on the ground, its just mathematically impossible what YOU are implying here, so you might want to reconsider who really is autistic here -_-
13 Jul 2014, 18:17 PM

We're talking about blobbing vs not-blobbing so I assume he means 4-5 Volks charging a Rifle squad
13 Jul 2014, 18:22 PM

We're talking about blobbing vs not-blobbing so I assume he means 4-5 Volks charging a Rifle squad

If he's surprised he lost because his 5 man squad has 20-30 people standing on their face and die, he is still an idiot.
13 Jul 2014, 18:23 PM

I fail to recognize why my supposedly mathematically superior BAR blobs would lose to volks shreks blobs. The insinuations regarding my lack of skill when it comes to blobbing aside, I'm merely reporting what I've been experiencing for the past week. I invite anyone to visually prove me wrong, since I find it hard to believe that the idea of making sure my BAR troops get as close to the enemy as possible is the sign of a bad player.

PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 38
unknown 21
Poland 9
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L