16%
33%
7%
45%
Total votes: 107
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
24 May 2014, 22:03 PM

Permanently Banned
Seeing the alienware giveaway, i think the game should be free,or at least the multiplayer part(ostheer-soviet), not because the giveaway was worthless,probably the keys 3/4 was ninja-ed by that small community( i got 4), but also the game would have a bigger player population about 15k base and relic/sega would get more money from commanders, and expansions. Thoughs?
24 May 2014, 22:07 PM
Donator 11

commanders should be free
24 May 2014, 22:14 PM

Have the alienware keys run out?
24 May 2014, 22:16 PM

What giveaway?

e:
Never mind, uncle google helped me again.
Interesting idea, but I don't see company going long with that unless they turn 100% P2W.
24 May 2014, 22:17 PM

what would motivate relic to keep improving the game and keep releasing patches, goodwill?
24 May 2014, 22:19 PM

Multiplayer Sovs and Ost could be free I think no problem. However, due to lack of information how to play the game, I think new players won't stick around. Well I guess people familiar wirh Relic RTT games would figure it out, but for others it must be a nightmare.
24 May 2014, 22:59 PM

How can one be so cold and vote for ban akosi D:
24 May 2014, 23:51 PM

This game should not only be free, Relic should pay players to play their game.

I need Relic to pay for my dental bills because the teeth-grinding after every ridiculous bug or imbalance is causing my teeth to disappear.
24 May 2014, 23:52 PM

For a larger community: The Game should be free.

For a competitive community: The Commanders should be free.

Preferably the latter, even though the ones I don't own can be counted on one hand, it would be better for the game overall.
25 May 2014, 00:20 AM

The game would need a lot more content outside of commanders if it were to go free.

For that matter, it needs more content regardless because the price of entry is pretty low to begin with.

This game should not only be free, Relic should pay players to play their game.

I know it's a bit out of context but I actually made more money out of CS:GO than I paid for it. Just goes to show what a good monetization model can do.
25 May 2014, 00:20 AM

Yes it could be free and the fuckers seeing there bad gameplay as an balanceissue should be punished with large fines so relic can continue to develop the game.
25 May 2014, 00:32 AM

No, CoH2 didn't get any more players from the last free to play weekend, it's not going to get much from being free to play for good.

Also, imagine how many micro transaction items Relic would have to make and sell just to make money off this game? It's not going to be a good long term investment.

The only thing Relic can do is make the gameplay better, by fixing the broken unfinished factions, and reduce the impact of RNG. Then hopefully, the popularity goes up.
25 May 2014, 03:12 AM

vcoh isnt even free yet
25 May 2014, 05:14 AM

Hey akosi

just wondering if you could gift me a key?

would love to get into CoH2 as i have sunk many hours into CoH1

Cheers!

25 May 2014, 06:17 AM

Permanently Banned
Hey akosi

just wondering if you could gift me a key?

would love to get into CoH2 as i have sunk many hours into CoH1

Cheers!

add me on steam
25 May 2014, 17:16 PM
Honorary Member Badge

ask and you shall receive. :) this gonna be good. :D
25 May 2014, 18:04 PM

I think in 3 Months we are at a point where it will acutally make relic more money if they make the game (or maybe only multiplayer) free, and then sell Singleplayer/Commanders/Skins.
25 May 2014, 18:19 PM

As awesome as it would be to have a surge of new players, there is nothing stopping people simply creating new accounts and/or using proxy IPs to avoid ip bans (if even such a thing occurs under valve or relic's servers) and cheating. Whilst Relic claims there are no currently detectable map hacks for the time being, so long as there are people playing this game, coders who sell cheats will find a way to make cash from its popularity.

This wouldn't work for Relic as a business model in its current state. Look at CS:GO, Dota 2, LoL, War Thunder etc.

CS:GO/Dota 2 thrive on their steam skin market economy and case unlocks. Afaik LoL makes its money from unlocking heroes through a pay gate if players don't want to wait, as well as selling skins.

CoH2 has no such cash dump, there is a set of commanders, skins and ToW DLC which all can be bought for something like $150 USD, perhaps more or less. While it would be awesome to be free to play, I don't think its financially feasible for Relic to make it so in its current state.
25 May 2014, 19:46 PM

Look at the low numbers for BOTH free weekends.

They literally can not even give this away.
25 May 2014, 20:18 PM

Permanently Banned
this is why the game should be free, noone will buy it at full price, ergo noone would buy commanders. Then if it would be free, a few ppl would buy commanders,skins etc... like how the F2P games work, but in CoH2 there isnot that much inbalance between doctrines( J/K lol).

Btw, relic and his anti cheat system.... i was banned in alpha(btw for nothing, not mention i still can read their alpha forumss) , and using family sharing with another steam account then i could play alpha online again :facepalm:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 41
unknown 6
Australia 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak