Login

russian armor

CoH 2 - Customizeable Hotkeys [NOSCRIPT]

25 Oct 2013, 12:16 PM

Hello guys,

I'm iAMcHETs(Known as RTz045) and I recently bought Company of Heroes 2(Played the beta) to code a tool so you guys can customize your own hotkeys. First of all, before I go any further in this, I'm new to the coding world, been learning straigth up for 3 - 4 months and this is basicly my second 'big' Project.

How am I planning to do this? Well basicly, everygame has a file where the keybindings are saved in, which I already found in Company of heroes 2, it's called Keydefaults.lua, extracted in the DATA.sga file. After reading a bit more about modding in company of heroes I've seen alot of people having problems with modifying the DATA.sga, same thing happend to me. The settings do change, but you'll get weird 'bugs', like something 'll be corrupted or whatever. My problem at the moment is that whenever I get into a game, my HUD seems to be there but not my actual game, for example: http://imgur.com/md4vJ2j

Trying to find a solution for this, which means I have to do some research why it's doing this, is it because of the SGA compiler?.. If I can't mange to fix this I'll most likely be stuck in my project, so I've been thinking about what else I could do and I came to the conclusion that I've 2 options,
1. I find a way to fix the problems with the data.sga,
2. I find a way to import it differently, so by not modifying the data.sga - and maybe I could make a "new" mod, but I'm not sure if you'll be able to play against each other, gotta do some research about that.

What if I fixed it?

I'll release the data.sga file on this forum with some modified settings(You may do some suggestions, so I can release more than 1), then I'll start coding a tool that gives you the option to modify your own hotkeys, after that I'll be looking into making a directx overlay, but that'll be hard work, because I'm not sure if VAC is going to detect it as a exploit, and I'm not even sure if I'm able to do that since we're probably going
to change the DATA.sga file.

I'll keep on updating this thread of the current status, I'm willing to finish this tool within 2 weeks, else if not I'll explain you guys why I didn't
manage to finish it(yet).

- If there are any experienced modders who have some helpfull information about the data.sga or something else you may add my steam: Colonel_luiheid

Regards,

iamchets.

- Edit

Managed to fix the SGA file, it's working right now. I made one file with customized hotkeys, willing to make a few more just put some suggestions below! Make sure you read the readme.

Download
25 Oct 2013, 12:54 PM
Donator 11

cool, hope you find a solution.
25 Oct 2013, 13:54 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

You should look up janne(something with numbers)
he is currently working on spectator mod and he made a cheatcommand mod previsouly.
He was possible to mod coh2
25 Oct 2013, 16:47 PM

Sarantini, thanks man!

I added him and he told me something obvious which I didn't think of!
25 Oct 2013, 21:16 PM

just tried this, it works but it has the problem that w is set to more functions in game like panzershreck, lmg upgrade etc
25 Oct 2013, 21:36 PM

just tried this, it works but it has the problem that w is set to more functions in game like panzershreck, lmg upgrade etc

Well ye, haven't looked into it that far since I was just testing, but that's why I'm asking you guys to do some suggestions so I could give out some non bugged files :)
25 Oct 2013, 22:10 PM

I'm really looking forward to this! =D
30 Oct 2013, 06:26 AM

Nearly finished, will be up within 2 days probably!
30 Oct 2013, 14:36 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

7 Nov 2013, 09:24 AM

Hey guys,

Sorry that it's not released yet, been busy with work.. Got a big project to do right now, which takes alot of time. Maybe if I'm lucky I can finish it this weekend, else it could take another week before I can continue on it! This project which I'm doing right now for my work will probably take around 3 weeks, and then I'll have all the time I would need for this programm.
29 Dec 2013, 17:59 PM

relic is supposed to allow players to use customizable hotkeys from the start!

what is wrong with them >:(
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 30
Peru 8
unknown 6
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L