Login

russian armor

Team Weapons feedback

10 Oct 2013, 15:48 PM

Hi everyone!

i just wanted to share some of the thoughts i have to improve the team weapon experience in company of heroes 2.

So the first thing i want to adress is healthbars on teamweapons illustrated in the spoiler below.

Since especially soviet teamweapons recieve lots of damage from riflenades and bundlenades theyre eventually gonna blow up if you dont repair em. I really like teamweapons and its easy to forget to repair your teamweapon in the heat of battle without this reminder.

Wich brings me to the second issue i want to adress. The buisness of repairing a team weapon is really fiddly buisness when it comes to mg's and mortar's since you have position your cursor directly on the weapon itself. And if a model stands in the way you sometimes have to rotate the camera to get a clear sight of the weapon or reposition it. To my experience this issue doesnt seem to be present with at guns since you can just position your cursor on the unit shield to make the cursor change to the blowtorch.

And thats my thoughts on how to improve team weapons! feel free to share your own thoughts in the comments below!

thank you and see you on the battlefield! :banana:

10 Oct 2013, 16:04 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

I agree, they should show HP bars on all support weapons, including MGs and mortars!
10 Oct 2013, 16:05 PM

Press "E" which is the default button for repairing.
This will make the task a tad bit easier if you are experiencing issues.
10 Oct 2013, 16:07 PM
Patrion 14

Agreed, there is another quite recent thread on this as well. But this is very much needed!
10 Oct 2013, 19:09 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I approve!
10 Oct 2013, 19:28 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

+1 to the OP, on everything.

Press "E" which is the default button for repairing.
This will make the task a tad bit easier if you are experiencing issues.

+1 to this too.

Here's another thread about some of the weird issues with cloaked AT guns, too. If Stephenn is right about the crew members taking f-o-r-e-v-e-r to change positions when the gun is in cloak, that's something worth addressing.
http://www.coh2.org/topic/8952/camoed-at-not-firing

Also, what's up with MGs setting up immediately after leaving a house? Is there something I'm doing that causes this?
11 Mar 2014, 13:27 PM

want to bump this thread since this has still not been adressed.
11 Mar 2014, 13:40 PM
Honorary Member Badge

any weapon at guns mgs etc... should al have this.
11 Mar 2014, 14:01 PM

+1

This should have been here since game came out, and is still needed.

Lost a vet 3 pak couple of days ago because I did not realize how much damage it had taken to Kat rockets. One rocket landed nearby and the gun just dissolved away.
11 Mar 2014, 14:08 PM

+1, they won't implement it though.
goddammitrelic

ps: i love young mackie, he's the cutest i swear to god
11 Mar 2014, 14:23 PM

+1 from me to!!!
11 Mar 2014, 16:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2014, 14:08 PMbuckers
+1, they won't implement it though.
goddammitrelic

Did Relic say that? Did they say why???????????????????????????????????????????????
12 Mar 2014, 17:42 PM

Did Relic say that? Did they say why???????????????????????????????????????????????

Dont know why something isnt in the game yet?

Pick one of the three official answers used to reply to any community question:

a) No ressources/money to implement it.

b) The AI cant handle it.

c) We're looking into it/Might be added in the future (i.e. just kidding, its either a) or b))

My bet is on a).

This would be a great addition to the game. Unfortunately there are tons of seemingly simple things that would make the game so much more enjoyable and Relic seems (for whatever reason) to lack ressources to implement the majority of them =/
12 Mar 2014, 18:22 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

Also, what's up with MGs setting up immediately after leaving a house? Is there something I'm doing that causes this?

If you use the exit all button on an occupied building, the mg sets up right outside the door. If you select the squad and order it out of the building by clicking at a location a little ways away from the building, it will not setup right away and you can then order it elsewhere before it reaches its destination.
12 Mar 2014, 19:41 PM

Oh nice tip Killhon, didn't know that!

13 Mar 2014, 19:30 PM
Patrion 27

I want to be able to move the Maxim, DSHK and 120mm around without having to set up like the MG42 and smaller mortars.
14 Mar 2014, 05:31 AM

Also let the Maxim and DShK move in reverse. The difference between then refacing the gun and running around in a circle is usually the difference between a secure flank and a breach.
14 Mar 2014, 06:24 AM
Donator 33

I realise this is an obvious statement but perhaps some players may not have noticed that abandoned weapons have a weapon health indicator. If you're stealing enemy weapons or re-crewing your own, this is an ideal opportunity to take note of the weapon health and queue repairs.

With that said it would be so much easier if all weapons had a health bar regardless of whether they are crewed or not.
14 Mar 2014, 14:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2014, 06:24 AMLifer
I realise this is an obvious statement but perhaps some players may not have noticed that abandoned weapons have a weapon health indicator. If you're stealing enemy weapons or re-crewing your own, this is an ideal opportunity to take note of the weapon health and queue repairs.

With that said it would be so much easier if all weapons had a health bar regardless of whether they are crewed or not.

This is true, but my goal is to never lose the team from the gun so I can continue to stack veterancy. If I am successful I will never know how much health is left until the gun dissolves away.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 506

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight