Login

russian armor

Shreks in halftrack need accuracy penalty while moving..

10 Oct 2013, 14:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2013, 14:20 PMKingAnj

The soviet commanders are just as rediculous as assault grens and ost. FHQ & mini-AT Gun commander is awesome. "but you can destroy the house". OK, do it, in 30-50 fuel points, as the soviet will rush to get the HQ right after molotovs.

Soviets get 35muni mines. Use them. As they are a very key factor in both sides of the game. IMO, i think 90-100% accuracy-pgren-shrecks and HT-Sheck shooting are perfect. I always always always HATED when my grens in COH1 missed at point blank range or didn't penetrate.

The FHQ I think is in a weird position where its bonuses are too good and it costs too much at the same time.

For the Motherland seems like an absurdly big bonus for a universal, and the Howitzer is a bit much. Neither of them approach Ostruppen but y'know. I'm also tempted to say the resource exchange thing on the Ostruppen commander is way too cost-effective. 50 fuel for shreks + spare, 2 and a half LMGs or most of a railway arty... just seems a bit too good to me.
10 Oct 2013, 14:28 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

According to the devs on the stream where they unveiled these commanders the PGrens are supposed to get an accuracy penalty while the HT is moving. If they're not it's either a bug or an oversight (which I guess is also a bug).
10 Oct 2013, 14:52 PM

what i meant to ask was, can you put panzershrecks pg's in the T2 halftrack aka flamehalftrack?

10 Oct 2013, 15:17 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2013, 14:52 PMbogeuh
what i meant to ask was, can you put panzershrecks pg's in the T2 halftrack aka flamehalftrack?

No. You cannot put any units into the flamer halftrack.
10 Oct 2013, 15:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2013, 14:52 PMbogeuh

You can but they dont shoot, upgraded transport vehicles cant transport.
10 Oct 2013, 16:08 PM

Oh right, just realized something.

As I have said, the accuracy in the German halftrack is reduced just as in case of M3/M5 (according to game files)... but why would schrecks hit so often then?
Pretty sure they are just getting scatter hits, especially if that's at short range.
They'd have to put some scatter modifiers for infantry moving in HTs to change that, I guess.
Only Relic postRelic 10 Oct 2013, 16:35 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Scatter is most likely resulting in some missed hits. We will take a look at it to double check.
10 Oct 2013, 17:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2013, 14:27 PMBlovski

The FHQ I think is in a weird position where its bonuses are too good and it costs too much at the same time.

For the Motherland seems like an absurdly big bonus for a universal, and the Howitzer is a bit much. Neither of them approach Ostruppen but y'know. I'm also tempted to say the resource exchange thing on the Ostruppen commander is way too cost-effective. 50 fuel for shreks + spare, 2 and a half LMGs or most of a railway arty... just seems a bit too good to me.

The funny thing is, right now neither side likes the field HQ. The soviets think its too expensive for something so vulnerable and germans think it's buffs are too powerful. I think both sides would like it to be cheaper and less effective.
10 Oct 2013, 17:36 PM
Patrion 14

The funny thing is, right now neither side likes the field HQ. The soviets think its too expensive for something so vulnerable and germans think it's buffs are too powerful. I think both sides would like it to be cheaper and less effective.

Actually got the commander and still not used it because of the above. To much of an arty-magnet and buildingcrits for me to want to use that ability.
10 Oct 2013, 17:45 PM

this is already in the 250 ht file:

Code
| | | ability: "m3a1_m5_moving_accuracy_mp";

which applies this:

Code
| | | | | | | | | modifiers: [
| | | | | | | | | | accuracy_weapon_modifier: {
| | | | | | | | | | | $REF: "modifiers\accuracy_weapon_modifier.lua";
| | | | | | | | | | | application_type: "apply_to_weapon";
| | | | | | | | | | | exclusive: false;
| | | | | | | | | | | modifier_id: "steady_driving";
| | | | | | | | | | | negative_tooltip: 11001736;
| | | | | | | | | | | positive_tooltip: 11001737;
| | | | | | | | | | | target_type_name: "hardpoint_01";
| | | | | | | | | | | usage_type: "multiplication";
| | | | | | | | | | | value: 0.5f;

oops, just realized tensai beat me to it :) i dont really see why schrecks would get a scatter penalty as well though. as far as i know, no units recieve scatter penalties for moving currently. if anything needs a scatter penalty, id say start with the t70 and ostwind.
11 Oct 2013, 16:09 PM

I'm not sure if it needs any scatter penalties either, but I just thought "scatter hits" might explain what some people wrote here - good hit rate with Schrecks in HTs, despite 50% accuracy penalty.
11 Oct 2013, 16:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2013, 09:11 AMRubbers

I never see devs playing soviet in any stream, its always german, and i found it somewhat appauling the way they talked so much shit about VonIvan while they casted thier fight. All it shows me is that they arent listening to thier top players of the game, THEY ARE MAKING FUN OF THEM. After playing with the new patch, its obvious nothing really changed.

Devs played a lot of soviets in Streams. And the exact same complain was made by german players.
And I guess VonIvan got what he deserved, but I agree it would've been even funnier if he was in voicechat too during the replay.
11 Oct 2013, 17:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2013, 09:11 AMRubbers

Im honestly tired of trying to make soviet work, and german is too easy and gets old quick. The devs arent listening to the community and I see more and more people complaining that soviets need help, its everywhere on every coh2 forum but still nothing changes. hell the only major change last patch one of our tanks (kv8) got nerfed. I dont think they understand whats going on, and I know fanboys and people who ONLY play german will refute anything anyone says about balance.. (fanboys btw are very bad for the game since it confuses devs) Im not sure I even want to play this game anymore. I see less and less streamers as well. I think im done playing this game for a while.

Also LMG grens and gren spam is a bit ridiculous. and Tigers for only 200 fuel... LOL. 250 manpower and FIFTY fuel just to get AT nades/Molotovs on my shitty ass conscripts when grens have them from the start?

you actually think KV8 is fine prepatch? do you realize it wipe vet 2,3 infantry like eating a snack? now the KV8 nerf only increase the time to wipe infantry squads so it gives german infantry a chance to retreat alive and you think it nerf too much? man i think you are the one don't understand what is going on.

you hate LMG gren spam? go spam maxim it still works and lmg42 already got little nerf should wait for feed back from rest community. also why are you ignore manpower for tiger it cost 720MP! if they change tiger price back to 600MP and 250FU and panther back to 440MP 1650FU, i will gladly accepted it since i don't have fuel problem most my game, only problem i have is MP. AT nades/ molotovs if conscripts get from start, they are just over powered, molotov is best anti weapon team, anti building, anti cover nades and can wipe german weapon team easy, force german infantry out of cover and buildings because other wise they wipe. any other nade can do that? at least i never see rifle nade wipe a Maxim squad. AT nade need research is reasonable because german don't have vehicles in T1, soviet does. german need to go T2 to get vehicles which is same price as soviet AT nade research
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 796

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight