Login

russian armor

New Patch -> has gotten us flowers

25 Sep 2013, 20:31 PM

I can't imagine a better way to fuck up this game than they did with this new patch. I mean with they last one they already succeded in destroying the balance almost completely, but the new german infantry abilities...I mean...what were they smoking???

Everybody is just spamming infantry and all of the dynamic we love about this game is gone completely. No mg-flanking, no persistent one on one fights between squads...now its just one blob against the other blob in contemplation of the unevitable arrival of the ostwind and....GAME OVER!

I'm a veteran at this game, and a decent one if I may say so. But if a high skilled team (DonnieChan and me - at this point leading in the ESL 2v2 ladder) has no chance at beating the german forces at all no matter what we are doing or how well we are playing, something has gone very wrong. This just leaves me shaking my head in disappointment.
25 Sep 2013, 20:33 PM

This is only the new "Pay to Win" commander System.You will have to life with this.
Only Relic postRelic 25 Sep 2013, 20:39 PM

The majority of the balance changes were moved forward out of this patch and released earlier to better improve the play experience for you guys sooner.

The plan had been to hold them until this patch, but we wanted to get them to you as quick as possible.
25 Sep 2013, 20:53 PM

It is so sad to watch a game die. I mean I am a really good player, DonnieChan my mate is too, but we lost every single game we played today as soviets. And we played about ten games. Normally we lose one or two games a week and we play every day in the week. And we didn't just lose every time, we also lost every single game against the same lame shit. Everyone, with no exception is just spamming this new infantry. And there is no solution or counter as soviets.
25 Sep 2013, 20:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 20:39 PMNoun
The majority of the balance changes were moved forward out of this patch and released earlier to better improve the play experience for you guys sooner.

The plan had been to hold them until this patch, but we wanted to get them to you as quick as possible.

relic should really tests these things out in coh2 beta before launching them,
25 Sep 2013, 21:01 PM

Generian, stop being so melodramatic.
25 Sep 2013, 21:04 PM

It is so sad to watch a game die. I mean I am a really good player, DonnieChan my mate is too, but we lost every single game we played today as soviets. And we played about ten games. Normally we lose one or two games a week and we play every day in the week. And we didn't just lose every time, we also lost every single game against the same lame shit. Everyone, with no exception is just spamming this new infantry. And there is no solution or counter as soviets.

funny how i dont see you with a -10 losing streak.

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198000456593

but ill assume youre telling the truth and lost 10 games in a row to spamming infantry. what did you do to counter it? spam more conscripts? there are definitely counters to the new doctrines. if you dont change your strategy and keep fighting germans as if they were using the old doctrines, you might have some trouble. claiming there is no solution or counter is just silly.
25 Sep 2013, 21:14 PM

People are exaggerating, blowing things out of proportion, jumping the bandwagon of QQ way to fast.

Soviets are INSANELY strong, I dunno wtf people are going on about with the whole "Idunnohowtobeatdis" qq. It's just frustrating to read. Esp in 2v2/3v3/4v4.

Facing Assault Gren commander is super-ez win in team games. They're so easily punished by T1 play, and you can easily mitigate the T2 purchases either way by getting Penals for counter-pressure.

Yes, penals. People should get them, they're bloody brilliant now in the current metagame.
25 Sep 2013, 21:21 PM

One of the Problems with the new commanders is I can't tell guys like the TE to just play the germans and test out this imba strategy for his own. He will rightfully tell me that he can't do that because he would've to pay for the commander who is essentialy the strategy.
25 Sep 2013, 21:23 PM

You broke the bulletins too Relic. I unlocked sibling rivalry last night. used it for one game. logged off. this evening log in and no its locked back to needing 1 more is-2 kill with the tiger. So frustrating.
25 Sep 2013, 21:26 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Edited your title. Try to keep the swear words at least out of the title, ok?
25 Sep 2013, 21:31 PM

People must really understand that everything can't be done with one magic trick, i hardly thing Relic balancers hadn't had lot of time to test new abilities and units to balance them in very perfect way but at least they moved forward and haven't stopped on abilities from release right? I bet that future patch will somehow bring balance to new abilities and units so those doctrines won't be considered as pay to win (which actually 2 of them are)
25 Sep 2013, 21:37 PM

Thanks Ami, loving the new title! ;)

@Mike.Gayner: I'm not melodramatic, its more the first impulse of frustration. And I have to get it out of me.

@wooof: I'm not really sure how the ladder works, but it never really worked for me. Maybe this is due to severe lag issues i had to face in the past. But we really lost this many games today.

We are highly skilled players and a very well working team. We don't just run against the same wall with always the same tactic. But when we lose and lose and lose and nothing works...then i go as far as calling something unbalanced.
25 Sep 2013, 21:38 PM

is suggest to unlock the Assault grens at 1 cp just like the soviet Elites. that would be enough of an hotfix for me for now.
26 Sep 2013, 01:24 AM

Thanks Ami, loving the new title! ;)

@Mike.Gayner: I'm not melodramatic, its more the first impulse of frustration. And I have to get it out of me.

@wooof: I'm not really sure how the ladder works, but it never really worked for me. Maybe this is due to severe lag issues i had to face in the past. But we really lost this many games today.

We are highly skilled players and a very well working team. We don't just run against the same wall with always the same tactic. But when we lose and lose and lose and nothing works...then i go as far as calling something unbalanced.

What you haven't worked out how to abuse Soviet FHQ yet? The ones that can't be decapped, that create instantly with one click, heal your troops and provide an aura that makes conscripts unbeatable by anything except Armour??? Try spamming a few of them in key areas in 2v2 and I guarentee you will never lose a game.
26 Sep 2013, 01:45 AM

Get some mortars. Problem solved.
26 Sep 2013, 02:44 AM

Get some mortars. Problem solved.

Nope they don't work as the building is stronger under and FHQ.
26 Sep 2013, 03:25 AM

Personally, i like the last patch a lot, i just bought the new cmdrs, they are fun and not op. Good job Relic, keep the content flowing, but keep balancing.

P.S Team tournament (3vs3 and 4vs4) would be very cool and interesting to watch on twitch.
Plz Relic and Sega, support them cause they are an important way to find loopholes, imbalances and boost sales !
26 Sep 2013, 04:20 AM

What you haven't worked out how to abuse Soviet FHQ yet? The ones that can't be decapped, that create instantly with one click, heal your troops and provide an aura that makes conscripts unbeatable by anything except Armour??? Try spamming a few of them in key areas in 2v2 and I guarentee you will never lose a game.

Now why would someone do that? This game could use a little more fair play from the side of the community. Somethings broken? Don't abuse...
26 Sep 2013, 05:06 AM

aren't FHQ at price of a tank? 440MP 80FU, yes they are great but i don't think it is spam-able i do find it annoying some pt if russian get into a house and turn into FHQ at my cutoff point, it takes forever to push them out that sector now
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★