Login

russian armor

T34 and RAM

4 Aug 2013, 04:26 AM

Anyone who has played against this highly annoying tactic will know how immensely annoying it is to see your 250 fuel tiger rendered useless with one click.

Now while I understand the CURRENT T34's performance against tanks is shit poor which justifies the ram, I feel there is a ticking time bomb balance wise if you buff the T34's anti vehicle capability/make it cheaper and still keep the ram. Basically we would see a ram fest which would make building German armor absolutely pointless and we all know how bad German infantry are against T34's/T70 combo.

I would suggest make Ram a VET 1 capability if you do buff the T34. Another idea would also be to make heavy tanks "less rammable" i.e require 2 T34 rams to disable the main gun.This would at least prevent the inevitable ramming spam which will do doubt come once the T34 is buffed.
4 Aug 2013, 04:58 AM

I'm not even seeing much ramming, certainly no epidemic of "ram spam". This is a non-issue, no change to ram required.
4 Aug 2013, 05:12 AM

I'm not even seeing much ramming, certainly no epidemic of "ram spam". This is a non-issue, no change to ram required.

maybe because you play only soviets and hence it's a "non issue" for you obviously
4 Aug 2013, 05:46 AM

lol people use T-34s and don't lose?
4 Aug 2013, 06:10 AM

OP said buff T-34 while restrict the Ram, I agree, just like my original proposal....
but currently, how can you lose to a T3 soviet especially when you got into late game with tiger......
4 Aug 2013, 06:53 AM

Ram pretty much means a lost T34 if the soviet player cannot finish the job. I use T34 in my gameplay a lot 'cause i just like them but I don't use RAM as integral part of my strategy, only in desperate situations.
4 Aug 2013, 06:57 AM

Ram counters heavy tanks that is its purpose. I.E. don't build a tiger when there are 34 s about. Mass p4 or stug (they are great vs t34. Sadly that's all).
4 Aug 2013, 11:15 AM

A T34 rush can you win a game if you absolutely seize control of the field in the early game. Like take both fuel points and hold half of everything else.

A T34 is something you build when you've got a significant early lead and want to make sure it stays that way. Build one of them, and you shit all over infantry. Build 2 of them, and any tank they build will get shit on by a Flank-Ram combo.

but currently, how can you lose to a T3 soviet especially when you got into late game with tiger......

Build up a critical mass of T34s and any tanks he builds are basically nullified. It's not really practical but it can happen in a rare situation where they hope out teching you will solve your T34 spam. Meanwhile, you're just building more T34s.

Was playing on Langres yesterday and somebody build 2 MG42s and tried to lock me down. I just went around him, forced him off all the fuel, and then rushed T34s. Didn't get the AT Grenade or Molotov upgrade. Due to the design of the map you could avoid suppression pretty easily.

Anyways, in other threads I've made my overall opinion on the T34 pretty clear.
4 Aug 2013, 12:21 PM

So you are saying to go t3 you need be winning by alot...
That is bad design and can be said of anything. Spam stugs that will win through numbers but only if you are winning heavily
4 Aug 2013, 12:26 PM
Honorary Member Badge

i think at this point tweaks are needed but generally the spam is gone. at-least from my experience playing Germans.
5 Aug 2013, 15:32 PM

thoughts on requiring 1 or 2 vet on a t-34 to unlock ram?

and/or possibly removing the main gun damage on the two tanks after the collision

Requiring a vet crew and the chance the tank might be able to keep firing should make the choice to use ram one that takes more thought then just "PANZER! RAM IT"

Historical blah blah:
I'm gonna guess that a veteran crew would be more likely to try a risky ram then some new conscripts, and that it would be a last ditch move cause no one really wanted to die
5 Aug 2013, 15:38 PM
Donator 11

thoughts on requiring 1 or 2 vet on a t-34 to unlock ram?

and/or possibly removing the main gun damage on the two tanks after the collision

Requiring a vet crew and the chance the tank might be able to keep firing should make the choice to use ram one that takes more thought then just "PANZER! RAM IT"

Historical blah blah:
I'm gonna guess that a veteran crew would be more likely to try a risky ram then some new conscripts, and that it would be a last ditch move cause no one really wanted to die

I like the idea that it requires vet 1 for ram but it does need a buff if you are going to do that.
5 Aug 2013, 15:45 PM

I posted a longer stream of thought on the su-85 thread about buffing t34s and adjusting tier3 in general

http://www.coh2.org/topic/5304/su-85;-the-thread/post/62165
5 Aug 2013, 16:08 PM

vet idea for ram.. it just doesnt sit well with me, why would you disable your most powerfull tank?? just make it stun both tanks with no lasting effect or just frikken remove it and give them an overdrive vet ability and buff acordingly.
5 Aug 2013, 16:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Aug 2013, 16:08 PMCrells
vet idea for ram.. it just doesnt sit well with me, why would you disable your most powerfull tank?? just make it stun both tanks with no lasting effect or just frikken remove it and give them an overdrive vet ability and buff acordingly.

That's the point. If you had to sacrifice your best tank to do it you would think twice before ramming. It would be reserved for more dire situations.

The only other option i've seen is to make it a global upgrade, but having to put down resources just to suicide your own tanks just doesn't seem right to me, and I don't want to see the ability removed from the game entirely.
5 Aug 2013, 16:56 PM

i just put a mine in front of my tiger. and laugh, u ram u loose! and no, ram is the only anty tank soviets have if they go t1 t3 i see it well balanced. maybe a bit more penetration for the t34 vs p4
5 Aug 2013, 18:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Aug 2013, 16:08 PMCrells

vet 1 for units in coh2 just unlocks abilities as far as I can tell from the tooltips. theres not really a difference between a vet 1 t34 and a vet 0 except in the capture ability if thats the case.

A vet 1 t-34 shouldnt be your best unit, same as a vet 1 anything isnt that amazing it just has more potential
5 Aug 2013, 18:41 PM

It is your best unit as it is the closest T34 to getting vet 2, if you continally get vet 1 , ram and loose it 80% of the time you will never teh see the benifit of a vet 2/3 tank.
5 Aug 2013, 19:07 PM

Vet also increases damage(For Soviets) and armour(For Germans).
5 Aug 2013, 20:29 PM

ram just needs a big change, and t34s are so expensive and most tanks you see anymore are panzer IVs which is not that expensive compared to t34s, ram is not really that useful. it's only useful in team games where the other teams can actually get AT to kill the tanks.

the RAM should have a low chance of destroying the main gun, and t34 should be buffed. many people said this many times and relic does not seem to want to implement that change. i have no idea what they want to do, they should give a list on things they are planning to change.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★