Login

russian armor

How to use the JP4

30 May 2016, 09:06 AM

Could someone help me use the JP4 in team games? I just don't really get behind this unit. On the one hand, it is the cheapest OKW T4 tank, on the other hand it is more expensive than a SU-85, but it just doesn't seem to perform that way for me. Where should I keep it on the battlefield? Is it able to deal with tanks 1 on 1 with just a little bit of infantry in between, or should I always build a second tank for support? I would like to make use to the unit, but til now I have always been relying on the panther and p4 instead, in fear of wrecking it and losing that fuel, especially because of the mix of horrific pathing and fixed gun.
30 May 2016, 10:09 AM

Its most OP td in the game(jt is nothing in comparison to vet5 jp4), its armor makes allied tanks cry, its hp is amazing, its cloak and vet abbilities outright broken.

Best way is to use it to protect your infantry advices from any kind of tanks, because other infantry cant hold OKW infantry, not for long anyway. But, you should always be aware of flanks, and ideally, cover jp4 with stealthed raketens. Later on use it as a supporting tank for your kt/cp.

Once your jp4 hits vet 1, start using broken cloak, you can use it even for scouting, lol. But dont forget to turn it off when you need to move, it reduces speed.

Since vet bonuses are so broken, its best to couple with command panther(also flares to reveal fog and finish reversing tanks sometimes), which mark target would make tanks like jackson die in two shots, and will feed tons of veterancy to jp4.
30 May 2016, 21:06 PM

Thank you, this was very helpful! :)
31 May 2016, 02:45 AM

Yeah the JP4 is a better SU-85, and is really strong against USF and other tank destroyer reliant factions ex: jp4 is really strong against a jackson or a su-85, but at the same time it doesn't make sense to spam Jp4s. And in a sense since its the cheapest OKW tank, it is much easier on the economy when you make a mistake with microing or the game decides to pathfind itself in the worst possible way.
31 May 2016, 03:26 AM

Jadame pretty much nailed it - you want to be conservative with it until you get Vet 1 and after that use the cloak and laugh as the Predator cloaking does its thing.

Only thing that holds JP4 back is its terrible turn rate opening it up against flanks - never put it in a position where it can get circle strafed - always have infantry or Rakens screening it. It also has zero AI - so its usually a bad choice if you don't have enough infantry to properly screen - in those cases a PZ4 is usually a safer choice... otherwise you'll get overrun by zooked up Rifleman and the likes.
31 May 2016, 05:26 AM

Cloak is so Broken, I think it should only work when it is sitting still and not moving.
2 Jun 2016, 14:53 PM

Always keep this tank behind other units and generaly sponge tanks (tanks with high healthbar), for example panther goes first, jp4 will go behind him not few meters but not also to far behind him. You will have to learn where it is in best spot, if it is too near front it dies, if it is too far it cannot attack. You can have to learn this i cannot help you.

Try to use him only defensively cause once it is flanked its dead. Use some panzershreck squads near it to stop flanking armor. Also mines can work to cover youre flanks. In teamgames i preffer it as second tank after p4 , p4 can sponge and kill infantry while jp4 kill tanks from behind and p4 with some sreck support still kan kill tanks that try to flank it.

Always use it with as supporting vehicle, it is assault gun, not main battle tank. Use it with other tanks or infantry in front of him to deal with big allied tanks (easy 8 , pershing, comet, churchill, is2 , kv types), against infantry it is uselles i dont recomment it when there is lot of zook blobs and light mobile vehicles, then pahter can kill them much easier.

And one last important think. Dont use it when enemy have lot firflys with rockets, its cannot + 2 forcket will oneshot this tank and you cannot evade them because of his little mobility.

Sum up : defensive assault gun that is used in conjustion with other tanks and infantry to defeat big allied armor or medium swarms if you are ble to cover your flanks
18 Jun 2016, 01:03 AM

Hey guys, I have been away for some time. I just wanted to thank you for all those tips on the JP4! I tried to apply them and it really improved my game. Thank you all! :D
P.S.: Love the cloak, just saved me from certain death by zook, while driving away ^^"

Btw: Is the cloak of the Panzer II Luchs different from the JP4's?
Because I found it much easier to be spotted than the cloaked JP4.

Thanks guys! :)
18 Jun 2016, 02:35 AM
Donator 11

Hey guys, I have been away for some time. I just wanted to thank you for all those tips on the JP4! I tried to apply them and it really improved my game. Thank you all! :D
P.S.: Love the cloak, just saved me from certain death by zook, while driving away ^^"

Btw: Is the cloak of the Panzer II Luchs different from the JP4's?
Because I found it much easier to be spotted than the cloaked JP4.

Thanks guys! :)

If I'm remembering correctly, one of the MG-34s on the Panzer II shoots even with hold fire on which reveals it.
22 Jun 2016, 20:29 PM

Oh that is sad. especially after this patch I want all my OKW-bugs to work as intended!
Cheers guys!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 52
Germany 32

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak