Login

russian armor

Ostheer Railway Artillery

PAGES (10)down
9 Feb 2016, 00:34 AM

What is the point? It's an idea for Relic, and by me making this, I don't expect anybody to take their time just to make this into a mod, because it's merely an idea that I hope Relic would put in the game.

Oh. In that case, don't waste your time trying to convince Relic to add these big abilities into the game. They already have enough trouble implementing little patches. ^_^
9 Feb 2016, 01:17 AM

Oh. In that case, don't waste your time trying to convince Relic to add these big abilities into the game. They already have enough trouble implementing little patches. ^_^

A little bit late to say that by the way, but I still wouldn't consider it a waste of time. Who knows, they might even think about it being a possibility. A small chance, but a chance none the less.
9 Feb 2016, 01:37 AM

A little bit late to say that by the way, but I still wouldn't consider it a waste of time. Who knows, they might even think about it being a possibility. A small chance, but a chance none the less.

I would consider it a waste of time. They barely even look at any of the forums, and I don't blame them necessarily.
9 Feb 2016, 01:53 AM

I would consider it a waste of time. They barely even look at any of the forums, and I don't blame them necessarily.

Yes. You consider it a waste of time. That's why I made this thread, not you. Seriously, why do people even make threads discussing balance and stuff anyways if they never look at it then.
9 Feb 2016, 03:28 AM

Yes. You consider it a waste of time. That's why I made this thread, not you. Seriously, why do people even make threads discussing balance and stuff anyways if they never look at it then.

....org. You noticed that the official forums are down right?
9 Feb 2016, 05:05 AM

....org. You noticed that the official forums are down right?

Haven't they been down for about 2 months or so?
9 Feb 2016, 06:08 AM

Haven't they been down for about 2 months or so?

Yup.

Kyle said they were supposed to be back up late December, got moved to early Jan, now scheduled for late February.
9 Feb 2016, 08:40 AM

Good that Relic don't read this becasue 18CP superior iWipe ability is dumb. Sorry but that's the truth.
9 Feb 2016, 14:27 PM

Good that Relic don't read this becasue 18CP superior iWipe ability is dumb. Sorry but that's the truth.

The truth is that it can be countered by using brace structure; therefore, not an iwipe ability. ;)
9 Feb 2016, 15:12 PM
Donator 33

The truth is that it can be countered by using brace structure; therefore, not an iwipe ability. ;)

Only 1 faction has brace. So balanced for 1 scenario. This is no nearer reality than yesterday but it can be worked out. Red flares are back in discussion so that promising.

Now come to think of it you do bring attention to underrepresented artillery. The B4 we had discussed earlier, but the Brits on field artillery is quite lacklustre. The 25 pounder was really the small skittles come 44. Great uncles regiment landed with 5.5inch howitzers and shelled up the Rhine until the surrender of the battered Nazi regime. Basically be built in the same way as a 152 howitzer or 105, would need something unique like a smoke canister round.

Gustav didn't really hit its targets directly that often either so I think the round would need a similar scale of scatter to that of the current B4 or IS2. I believe the one accurate shell with two in accurate shells currently is for the precise reason of preventing to much damage to one spot.

I mean, the player base really disliked abilities that took out OKW HQ trucks in one go, so that discussion would be open again now that railway would destroy allied structures in one strike.

Honestly the can of worms this would open, I don't see relic touching it frankly.
9 Feb 2016, 15:19 PM

I mean, the player base really disliked abilities that took out OKW HQ trucks in one go, so that discussion would be open again now that railway would destroy allied structures in one strike.

And for this reason alone(players crying, relic nerfing asap), there are not all-powerful off-maps in game and never will be, unless you make yourself a mod for it.

Stuka and bombing run vs arty is pretty much the only reliable IWIPE ability vs static structure of high cost.

These kind of abilities do not belong to CoH2 and british Air Superiority nerf streak proves it best.
9 Feb 2016, 15:21 PM
Donator 33

9 Feb 2016, 15:23 PM

What's more, we have problem that shells arrvies too late, 10+sec for the first one and you want to create useless ability with 15sec delay, which won't be used most of the time (18CP) which will become pointless ammo waste becasue everyone can move out in 15sec and 300+ ammo just to kill arty is just dumb.
9 Feb 2016, 15:24 PM

Only 1 faction has brace. So balanced for 1 scenario. This is no nearer reality than yesterday but it can be worked out. Red flares are back in discussion so that promising.

Now come to think of it you do bring attention to underrepresented artillery. The B4 we had discussed earlier, but the Brits on field artillery is quite lacklustre. The 25 pounder was really the small skittles come 44. Great uncles regiment landed with 5.5inch howitzers and shelled up the Rhine until the surrender of the battered Nazi regime. Basically be built in the same way as a 152 howitzer or 105, would need something unique like a smoke canister round.

Gustav didn't really hit its targets directly that often either so I think the round would need a similar scale of scatter to that of the current B4 or IS2. I believe the one accurate shell with two in accurate shells currently is for the precise reason of preventing to much damage to one spot.

I don't really know of any notable allied structures that are as much of a trade for destroying except for the British emplacements, and maybe the soviet forward HQ. Yes, red flares are indeed back in this ability.

The Brit's 25 pounder could gain some accuracy on the closer side of the map, but if the accuracy was buffed on the long side, it would probably just end up with non-stop arty spam. I do agree that the smoke ability would be nice, but it still wouldn't have enough precision for it to be effective, even with a buff to accuracy.

I agree, I'll make it so that the Gustav round can scatter from anywhere inside the normal railway artillery scatter radius, so that it's still a lot of damage, but It's not going to be the equivalent of a stronger stuka precision bombing strike. I'm still going to keep one huge shell though.

Good thing it's changed to 2200 damage, so that even the mortor emplacement (lowest health emplacement) still survives while braced. Yes I still do know that there are other allied structures, but they aren't as much worth the trade of 325 munitions.

9 Feb 2016, 15:29 PM

What's more, we have problem that shells arrvies too late, 10+sec for the first one and you want to create useless ability with 15sec delay, which won't be used most of the time (18CP) which will become pointless ammo waste becasue everyone can move out in 15sec and 300+ ammo just to kill arty is just dumb.

I'll change it to 8 seconds. Hopefully it should also make up for the inaccuracy that I just implemented into it.
9 Feb 2016, 15:34 PM

And for this reason alone(players crying, relic nerfing asap), there are not all-powerful off-maps in game and never will be, unless you make yourself a mod for it.

Stuka and bombing run vs arty is pretty much the only reliable IWIPE ability vs static structure of high cost.

These kind of abilities do not belong to CoH2 and british Air Superiority nerf streak proves it best.

Braced Emplacements live, and the only other notable allied structures that this would be worth using against would be the soviet forward HQ, the Glider HQ, and the forward assembly.
9 Feb 2016, 18:47 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Say you throw it on Langres at the south base (not in the base but the border) would it hit inside ?
9 Feb 2016, 19:12 PM

Say you throw it on Langres at the south base (not in the base but the border) would it hit inside ?

Yes, it could hit inside like all other scatter artillery, but if anything were to be hit, it would most likely be in the green zone (79 Damage). The reasoning behind someone attempting that is beyond my imagination. By risking 325 munitions, especially in a 1v1 (considering it would be a 50/50 chance to hit inside base sector if placed exactly on the border), you would put yourself in a very bad spot.
9 Feb 2016, 22:11 PM

Well, I guess this ability is fully polished, and ready to be shipped off to the next stage, unless there's anymore feedback for this topic.
11 Feb 2016, 04:18 AM

This discussion is now relevant due to the British emplacements getting even stronger with the new commander. Hopefully, this would make it easier to counter the Sim City, which can now be shielded with 15 meters of reinforced concrete, thanks to this new commander known as the 'Advanced Emplacement Regiment'.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 35
Mexico 8
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %