Login

russian armor

Ostheer Tier

21 Jan 2016, 11:50 AM

My previous topic for late USF & Soviet stock.

And today, I want to discuss about Wehrmacht, or Ostheer.

Ostheer has the most flexible tech tree. You can choose what style of fighting you want. You can choose using T1 and T3, or skip tech to T2 and T4, or...

Nope, you're dead wrong. If wehrmacht player skip any building, the player face more risk than reward.

What is wrong here is that, player cannot hold during skip tech. Just a M20, or M3 scoutcar with flamer, can shut all base unit(Pioneer, MG42) unless you build T1 building.

So what is the point of giving wehr skip tech?

My proposal is giving wehr more access during skip tech. Or in simple term, move unit to HQ.

Upgrade 1: Give Pak40 at HQ
Upgrade 2: Give Puma at HQ
Upgrade 3; Give Panzerwehfer at HQ.

With this, a skilled wehrmacht player can hold himself until he get the unit he want.

Edit: I forget, change puma in mobile defense to StuG III ver E
21 Jan 2016, 11:52 AM

No, because doctrines like Mechanised Assault would rule again. Ostheer need to spend 75 fuel on the late buildings to balance out the cost of units inside them, giving them a Panzerwerfer in base is going to make things very hard for the allied player.
21 Jan 2016, 12:00 PM

Its a bad idea, IMO, for the same reasons Swiftsabre has said. If you want to tech-skip as Wehr, use a doctrine to cover your lack of a certain tier.
21 Jan 2016, 12:05 PM

Its a bad idea, IMO, for the same reasons Swiftsabre has said. If you want to tech-skip as Wehr, use a doctrine to cover your lack of a certain tier.

Which doctrine cover T1 building?
21 Jan 2016, 12:13 PM

Ostheer has the most flexible tech tree. You can choose what style of fighting you want. You can choose using T1 and T3, or skip tech to T2 and T4, or...

And this is where you're wrong.

You are supposed to tech linearly, you're not supposed to skip any tier, you can do it if you support yourself with proper doctrines and rely heavier on infantry, but you are NOT supposed to skip ANY tier except for T4, which is late game bonus tier.
21 Jan 2016, 12:18 PM

Which doctrine cover T1 building?

I don't see much point to skipping T1 since its so cheap, but Assgrens and Ostruppen can both do it, Ostruppen being preferred for their synergy with PGrens and halftrack reinforce.
21 Jan 2016, 12:19 PM

You can't really skip T1 with Osttruppen, as you will give up the highly valuable AT snare.

But it's is still feasible to do so.
21 Jan 2016, 13:03 PM

My proposal is giving wehr more access during skip tech. Or in simple term, move unit to HQ.

Upgrade 1: Give Pak40 at HQ
Upgrade 2: Give Puma at HQ
Upgrade 3; Give Panzerwehfer at HQ.

With this, a skilled wehrmacht player can hold himself until he get the unit he want.

Ho my! I really like your idea!
I was always uncomfortable with the battlephase upgrades as you spend money to get nothing immediately (except fausts).
I agree on most things except the Panzerwerfer as it is cheap enough to require you to pay an additional 75 fuel to get one.
However i would replace it with the Brummbar which is currently in a bad place, being too expensive for what it does after buying T4 and repleaceable by werfer after.
OR adding a funf man to Grenadiers/Pgrenadiers squads.
On the puma thing, i am not sure, it looks Okay but it makes the STUG less desirable as you have to spend 75 more fuel to get one. Not sure how to solve the problem.

Kozo.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS