Reinforcing conscripts should be 15 MP

Should reinforcing conscripts be 15 MP
Option Distribution Votes
35%
65%
Total votes: 49
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
12 Jan 2016, 04:33 AM

I think it's ironic that the one unit in the game that's supposed to be spammable is not really that cheap. At 20 MP per model it's only 10 mp away from the more effective grenadiers.

Of course you could say that conscripts are a 6 man squad, well that's the problem. Just like Soviet snipers, conscripts consume more manpower to reinforce than grenadiers, due to the larger squad sizes.

12 Jan 2016, 04:36 AM

the conscript's only failing is their lack of upgrade. otherwise they are quite good against grenadier in the beginning.

Even in late game the conscript get terminator veterancy to off set the lack of dps.
12 Jan 2016, 04:38 AM

Yeah, it's really sad that literally ALL other factions main infantry get some type of weapon, even OKW.

I think 1 DP for 35 is good. PPSH is a close-combat deal.
12 Jan 2016, 05:07 AM

To be honest, I always want more changes to make soviets feel numerous as hell. That's what I wanted in the beginning.

(Not talking balance here)
12 Jan 2016, 05:11 AM
Donator 11

I think decrease to 18MP would be better to avoid game breaking over-buffs
12 Jan 2016, 05:25 AM

Thematically/histocially okay yes this makes sense. Balance-wise... can I have some of what you're smoking?

Personally I think Cons Vs. Grens is okay but Cons vs. Volks feels like such a struggle to me (especially if there is a SturmPio supporting them). I agree that some non-doctrinal ability or maybe side-upgrade that would allow Cons to upgrade with a single DP would be a nice addition.
12 Jan 2016, 05:43 AM
Donator 11

If Relic will not grant Conscripts non-doc weapons upgrades and Ostheer get Ostruppen reinforced for 15 mp each, I would totally love to see Conscripts be reinforced for 15 mp per model to properly fit their role as meat shields with pitiful DPS. Then you could reasonably use Cons as an expendable scouting squad as well as a human wave.
12 Jan 2016, 05:48 AM
Patrion 14

If you guys want to use conscripts as an unstoppable wave, use reserve army. Rapid conscription + PPSH gives you insane amounts of conscripts on the field, and you can always use tank hunters and howitzers for your excess mp.
12 Jan 2016, 06:35 AM
Donator 11

Thanks for the suggestion comm_ash! It would actually be my preference that conscripts retain some fragility and a significant mp cost but receive a meaningful weapon upgrade so that they could jockey for position like other infantry squads, but in the absence of that, a human wave will do. My only beef with reserve army is that it does not provide an armored unit to supplement their poor stock options.
12 Jan 2016, 06:35 AM
Developer Relic Badge

They should only get reduced reinforcement as part of their veterancy to make them more unique and rewarded for preserving the conscript squad to reinforce their eventual role as meatshields in the mid-late game who screen for the other Soviet infantry units.
12 Jan 2016, 06:37 AM

non-doc rapid conscription

:ph34r::megusta:

my main gripe is how cons are only 10mp less than volks, yet volks turn into anti-everything-flame-shreks at no fuel cost.. meanwhile conscripts get ... ooorah?
12 Jan 2016, 06:45 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

T4 late game upgrade
12 Jan 2016, 07:37 AM

cons are fine, the problem is that volks are about as strong early game but scale so much better.
12 Jan 2016, 07:51 AM

10mp is a huge difference
12 Jan 2016, 08:01 AM

the conscript's only failing is their lack of upgrade. otherwise they are quite good against grenadier in the beginning.

Even in late game the conscript get terminator veterancy to off set the lack of dps.

Well, late game, the vet helps with the lack of DPS, but vet3 lmg grens still roll over vet3 cons. There is a reason who no one spams cons without proper doctrine and uses maxims instead, cons without weapon upgrades simply do not belong to current meta.

Not really a reason why cons should reinforce for less. They are really well balanced against grens in this regard.
12 Jan 2016, 08:06 AM

Hello.

As a conscript fanboy i voted no.
Reducing their cost (and resistance maybe) would put them in the field of OStruppen. Something i am hesitant to see.

Kozo.
12 Jan 2016, 09:08 AM

They should only get reduced reinforcement as part of their veterancy to make them more unique and rewarded for preserving the conscript squad to reinforce their eventual role as meatshields in the mid-late game who screen for the other Soviet infantry units.

Agreed, this would have been better than upping their received accuracy.
12 Jan 2016, 09:16 AM

Agreed, this would have been better than upping their received accuracy.

Not really.

It would help with attrition, but would do nothing for diminished field presence and non factor ineffective weapon upgrades in late game.

What good would cons have from lower reinforce costs, if they still would need to retreat before getting into effective ppsh range?

Even osttruppen have higher firepower and rifle effectiveness, especially on mid and far range.
12 Jan 2016, 09:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2016, 09:16 AMKatitof

Even osttruppen have higher firepower and rifle effectiveness, especially on mid and far range.

only on far range...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS