Login

russian armor

Why imo the use of L2P is not constructive.

• This thread is locked
PAGES (5)down
6 Jan 2016, 15:02 PM

Some people seem to be using the "L2P" term very often is balance debates. Imo the term is rude and nonconstructive.

1)L2P comes from "learn to play" which is in "imperative", it might be considered giving commands to people, one has not met and that imo is rude.
2)It turns what should be a balance into a knowledge debate. Balance issues can imo exist regardless of the knowledge of the person that brings them up.
3)Creates a hostile antagonistic environment where instead of focusing on the issue itself the focus becomes, who has better knowledge of the game and thus who should actually "L2P".
4)It slowdown the progress of any balance debate, while creating a hostile toxic environment.

Imo "L2P" as response is currently overused and should avoided.
6 Jan 2016, 15:13 PM

6 Jan 2016, 15:14 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

6 Jan 2016, 15:29 PM

sorry but most balance issues can easily be resolved by l2p
6 Jan 2016, 15:33 PM

http://www.coh2.org/guides/45391/basic-concepts-and-glossary-part-ii
The Report button is there. Please use it.

Good to know but I think other people should be informed...
Another thread? Just L2P....

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2016, 10:53 AMKpen97
I agree with Australian Magic; L2P plz or your gonna get run over...

You're getting run over all the time and can't stand for it anymore?
Get good.
Tanks run over scrubs all the time while its more rare event at higher level play, but its there and its not going anywhere....

(katitof's extended version of l2p)
Crushing is L2P becasue there are many ways to prevet it...

L2P is just an easy way to say it's avoidable....

(quotes are not presented in full to save time so can be misleading, the point here is that they the term is used far too often, I added this note, since some people seemed to take offense and accused me of "biased" most of the quotes come from the following thread if some one want to see them in full: http://www.coh2.org/topic/47372/running-over-troops/page/2#post_id469825)
6 Jan 2016, 15:35 PM

Most of the time, "l2p" is a mocking and non constructive answer to an apparently idiot claim.
As there is no rule against threads that makes you eat false informations that could be seen as offensive, an answer equally offensive has been found.
It is like slapping a whining child, it is bad but it feels good.

Kozo.
6 Jan 2016, 15:35 PM

L2P - Learn to/2 Play. Often used as an dismissive insult. Use on the forums is discouraged and may prompt moderation.

For those who did not look up the link...

It is like slapping a whining child, it is bad but it feels good.
Kozo.

Good to know that slapping "WHINING" children make you feel good and that you consider other people posting in this forum of inferior intellectual capacity and thus as children...

(added "WHINING" after protests of "deform" from Kozo)
6 Jan 2016, 15:40 PM

When you are quoting someone, quote whole post becasue otherwise you are proving how biased you are.

There is a big difference between "L2P" and "L2P becasue you do A, B, C, D, E... to prevetn it"
6 Jan 2016, 15:41 PM

That's true but it's an unpleasant way to say it. I mean you have a choice: give a constructive answer like "Have you tried X, Y, Z?", give no answer or troll them with "L2P issue, derp".

I agree with OP. Just writing "L2P" is essentially pointless and will only lead to flame wars and trolling.
6 Jan 2016, 15:42 PM

When you are quoting someone, quote whole post becasue otherwise you are proving how biased you are.

There is a big difference between "L2P" and "L2P becasue you do A, B, C, D, E... to prevetn it"

simply check link
http://www.coh2.org/guides/45391/basic-concepts-and-glossary-part-ii

The Report button is there. Please use it.
6 Jan 2016, 15:44 PM

Yea, just like I thought. Fully biased.
6 Jan 2016, 15:46 PM

Just like Australian Magic said, there is L2P as an insult and L2P+reasons why.

You were treated with the latter in the other thread by plenty of people, you're pulling half quotes out of context to support yourself.

You're dictionary example of a noob while we have treated you as a newbie before.

And since OP is into definitions so much, here is another one:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Noob

OP have proven that he qualifies quite well to it with utter denial to accept that his balance problem is located between keyboard and a chair.
6 Jan 2016, 15:49 PM

It used because it simplest solutions to most topics risen on forum, and people over Internet rarely want to write pages-log answers to bunch of absurd statements coming from people without game understanding.

Also on sub 100 ranks
every balance issue can be solved by playing better.
6 Jan 2016, 15:56 PM
Coder Red Badge

Of course it's not constructive, but neither are the vast majority of balance complaints by the vast majority of the playerbase. The simple truth is player skill is absolutely something to be taken into consideration when determining the accuracy of balance complaints. I'm a diamond Starcraft player, but I'm not delusional enough to think that gives me the authority to demand balance changes when there are players out there who blow me away in terms of skill, time investment, and game understanding. Hell, I think I'm a pretty good CoH1 player, and I had access to the private forum on GR that was used to develop the 2.602 patch with Relic, but even then I didn't feel qualified enough to comment on all but a handful of issues because even the difference in game understanding between top ladder players and top tournament players is ridiculous.

You can develop that sort of understanding without being highly ranked, of course, but it's extremely rare; in CoH1 there were maybe a handful of people like that. Achieving competitive success is the clearest way to demonstrate game understanding, which makes it the first qualification people consider.

That's just the way things go. People are going to keep making statements about balance that they aren't qualified to make, and other people are going to keep calling them out for it. Worrying about it is like worrying about the sun rising in the morning.
6 Jan 2016, 15:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2016, 15:35 PMMyself

Good to know that slapping WHINING children make you feel good and that you consider other people posting in this thread of inferior intellectual capacity and thus as children...

You seems to confirm a tendancy to deform other's words to streghten yours. Tsss shame! leaves that bad habit quickly.

Did say that was MY way of thinking? i defy you to find a single "l2p" in my thread history, ô forum warrior.

To clarify things, i do agree with you on the whole subjetc, saying l2p is bad blahblah non constructive etc. You are mostly right on the whole line (but i suspect you only see one aspect of the problem).

I admit it, sometimes i consider some people posting intellctually inferior ... but it is RARE! PROMISE!:sealed:

Kozo.
6 Jan 2016, 15:59 PM

I feel like its mostly used in balance threads because some people rage post there occasionally after a bad series of games.

But on the other hand, we could really start to be more welcoming or less hostile to those who do not have the game knowledge or experience in tackling some "OP" strategies or units. E.g. Instead of saying L2P or being condescending to posters, give them suggestions? Idk, the balance forums feel a bit more like flame forums to me most of the time.

P.S. Not saying that I haven't done any of this stuff, but I think I'm gonna give it a shot from now on haha
6 Jan 2016, 16:05 PM

If one want to post in forum one should try to comply to the rules of that forum the rules are simple:
"L2P - Learn to/2 Play. Often used as an dismissive insult. Use on the forums is discouraged and may prompt moderation."
6 Jan 2016, 16:08 PM

You're dictionary example of a noob while we have treated you as a newbie before.

Dear Katitof when will you realize that insulating others does not promote your point and it simple illustrates you don't have arguments?

By they way, in your opinion do fortifications and assault guns exist in COH2?
6 Jan 2016, 16:11 PM

You seems to confirm a tendancy to deform other's words to streghten yours. Tsss shame! leaves that bad habit quickly.

Are you actually arguing the children stop being children when they start "WHINING" because I don't really see how I deform your words. But since you feel that I have deformed your sentence I will add "WHINING" to it...
6 Jan 2016, 16:14 PM

...The simple truth is player skill is absolutely something to be taken into consideration when determining the accuracy of balance complaints...

No actually it is not. A balance issue remain exactly the same weather it is reported by a person ranked number 1 or person ranked number 1.000
PAGES (5)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS