Login

russian armor

Why imo the use of L2P is not constructive.

• This thread is locked
PAGES (5)down
6 Jan 2016, 21:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2016, 21:08 PMSwift
But there is a difference between being stupid and being unskilled, and no one is calling anyone stupid.

Actually some people in this forum are being offensive, insulting repeatedly and questioning others people intelligence (they might not actually use the term "stupid"), even in this thread...
6 Jan 2016, 21:47 PM

As long as people insist on talking about things they aren't qualified to talk about, other people are going to flame them. It might be disrespectful, but that's just the way things are sometimes.

I agree.

However the irony of this in this context considering how little coh2 you've played, is not lost on you either, I'm sure.
6 Jan 2016, 21:53 PM

You know what else isn't constructive? Playing only one faction or gamemode (or playing both only one faction and gamemode) and creating balance topics targeting the other factions you do not play that distract from real issues within the game.

But there's plenty of that in here on a day to day basis. And people wonder why we end up with radical balance changes that seemingly "breaks balance and makes the game unplayable".
6 Jan 2016, 21:57 PM
Coder Red Badge

I agree.

However the irony of this in this context considering how little coh2 you've played, is not lost on you either, I'm sure.

I've never discussed CoH2 balance. I've discussed CoH2's failings in terms of general RTS design, which I'm absolutely qualified to talk about.
6 Jan 2016, 22:43 PM

Ok man.
7 Jan 2016, 00:18 AM

pff smoke and flank
7 Jan 2016, 00:27 AM

I think it's easy to overlook that there are other ways to be rude in a thread besides insulting people - like relying on semantics or pedantic arguments, constantly posting false information, or stubbornly relying on fallacies or broken logic in a way that derails the conversation. In my opinion, all of the above is just as rude and detrimental to a forum as calling someone a bad name.

That said, I agree it can be tedious to read thirty "lel noob, l2p" comments in a thread, even if the person really does need to learn how to play better. It bores me reading those posts because even if they're right, they lack any actual content.

So to some extent, I do agree with the OP.
7 Jan 2016, 00:51 AM

This is so liberal and dramatic, why are people so sensitive now a days?

This is like giving everyone a trophy for participating in an event even if they were garbage.

America is built on competition (Capitalism), there are winners and there are "losers".

This competition should (unless you're a baby or vastly immature) make you strive to better yourself, become the best, practice.

You think Germany would have cared if France was like omg blitzkrieg isn't fair! We're not ready or trained for this! Germany would be like "L2P noobs" fak you. rekt :foreveralone:

If you cry bc someone OVER THE INTERNET said something to you behind their keyboard, you probably should pick up a book and quit online gaming.

THIS IS WAR, and remember WAR NEVER CHANGES.

:hansSTUG::hansUSA:
7 Jan 2016, 01:07 AM

Hell, I think I'm a pretty good CoH1 player, and I had access to the private forum on GR that was used to develop the 2.602 patch with Relic, but even then I didn't feel qualified enough to comment on all but a handful of issues because even the difference in game understanding between top ladder players and top tournament players is ridiculous.

If it makes you feel any better, they didn't listen, anyhow.
7 Jan 2016, 10:24 AM

America is built on competition (Capitalism), there are winners and there are "losers".

First of all, this is not America
Second of all, balance thread is not supposed to be a competition, it a place where someone can give his opinion on how this game can be improved
Third, is breaking the law in order to win the "competition" encouraged in America ? because according to forum rules "L2P" is discouraged.

PLS read the forum rules before posting on this issue. Thanks
7 Jan 2016, 10:37 AM

Removed my comment since original post has been turned to invs and do not wish to recreate it...
7 Jan 2016, 10:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2016, 10:37 AMMyself

And I have guess most of these "monkeys" are blacks, Latinos, or Asians, but then again you are not a racist, you where simply born white and thus superior...

Just for you pory-senpai :wub:
7 Jan 2016, 10:51 AM

removed image after readers complained it was annoying (bait)

says the man (with 7.500 post yet) who contributes the least...
Katitof I truly suggest that you actually read some of the 7.500 post you made and then start counting how many of them are insulting to other, L2p, trolling video and pictures or comments supporting your favorite side.

Then try to find an original idea or proposal you wrote on balance change that in your opinion would improve the game. It might actually be harder than you think...

For your information though the post I was referring to got moderated....
7 Jan 2016, 11:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2016, 16:14 PMMyself

No actually it is not. A balance issue remain exactly the same weather it is reported by a person ranked number 1 or person ranked number 1.000

Completely wrong, let me tell you why: A player who is ranked 1 has to have extremely high knowledge of about the game, someone ranked 1500 for example might not realize how to deal with something while the rank 1 player has a easy counter for it, let's say someone is playing against sov mortar spam with OKW, can't deal with it, loses and cries. Meanwhile the rank 1 player thinks to himself "What can I do about this? Oh yeah, falls" He spawns falls, wipes mortars and wins the game easily, all this while the rank 1500 player doesn't know he can do that

This is a example, I don't think someone is really that stupid to not realize something like this

I repeat: this is an example

7 Jan 2016, 11:41 AM

since the coh2 playerbase is fairly small, imbalanced matchups (in terms of skill) happen pretty regularly. when you get stomped a couple times by X faction, you may think that theyre OP when it mights just been that the player better than you is just straight up better at the game.

This is a great point, this could be easily fixed by making the Level visible to anyone (The ladder level thing) so when people load up to a game they're going to see that their opponent is Level 19 while they're level 10 and realize that the opponent(s) is more skillful

But this would just cause people to make "This mm sucks" thread 15 times more
7 Jan 2016, 11:45 AM

WOW, fuck you Katitoff, spoiler or delete that gif.
This kind of flashing stuff hurt my eyes.
7 Jan 2016, 11:46 AM

A balance issue remain exactly the same weather it is reported by a person ranked number 1 or person ranked number 1.000

Completely wrong, let me tell you why:...

If a low level player claimed that riflemen with flamer where O.P. during the previous patch and a number 1 player claimed also that riflemen with a flamer where O.P. thee issue would remain exactly the same
7 Jan 2016, 11:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2016, 11:46 AMMyself
A balance issue remain exactly the same weather it is reported by a person ranked number 1 or person ranked number 1.000

If a low level player claimed that riflemen with flamer where O.P. during the previous patch and a number 1 player claimed also that riflemen with a flamer where O.P. thee issue would remain exactly the same

Well of course it remains the same if both of the players complained about it, BUT if a rank 1500 player goes on ranting about something being op it's not a real balance issue, no matter how many top 1500 players says so, it's L2P issue, but if a rank 1 player goes on to saying that something is overpowered and a lot of other top ranked players agree, it's a balance issue
7 Jan 2016, 11:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2016, 11:46 AMMyself

Sure, if the issue was actually real.

Now, completely hypothetically, if a low level player claimed that random thing that is fine since the first game over a decade ago, say, infantry crush is op and plethora of higher level players say its fine, then it doesn't mean there is any issue at all.

You know the difference?

Higher level players complain about actual issues.

Low level players complain about EVERYTHING that made them lose the game and at their low skill level, that is literally EVERYTHING.

Even completely broken clock shows correct time twice a day.

Soviet CEs "OP" thread anyone? Merge "OP" thread anyone? Infantry crush "OP" thread anyone?
PAGES (5)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS