Login

russian armor

Luftwaffe doctrine rework suggestion.

25 Dec 2015, 17:08 PM

Hey there!

So after playing several hours with this doctrine, I thought about some fancy stuff, and how I would change this doctrine. I read several comments about this doctrine which points out some of the abilities are nearly useless, so I tried to change them with something new.

1 CP: MG-34 Heavy Machine Gun team: It reamins the same, at 1 CP you can call in a MG-34 squad.

3 CP: Fallschirmjäger: Same here, you can spawn a FSJ squad for 440MP at a ambient building.

Here comes the cool stuff:

7 CP: Flakpanzer Coelian: A Flakpaner Coelian with it's twin 37 mm auto-cannon can be deployed to the battlefield. This unit has immense damage against infantry.

10 CP: ME-262 Strafing run: A ME-262 A-1/U4 Pulkzerstörer jet-fighter will do a strafing run, damaging all units in it's path with it's powerful 50mm Mk.214a cannon.

12 CP: ME-262 Strafing Support: Two ME-262 A-1a jet-fighter target the designated area with their powerful 30mm cannons and rockets.

Let me know what do you think about it!
25 Dec 2015, 17:20 PM

too few call-ins.

every balanced and well-thought doc needs at least 5 call-ins
25 Dec 2015, 17:34 PM

I never have any success with strafing runs. The smoke drops and the enemy just moves out of the way before it hits. When it hits, it does little damage but instantly suppresses which is nice. Is it supposed to be better at damaging infantry or is it primarily a suppress attack?
25 Dec 2015, 17:35 PM

Well one problem is that the Flakpanzer Coelian was never produced, at the end of the war they had only a wooden mock-up and a couple turrets with no hull.
25 Dec 2015, 17:52 PM

I never have any success with strafing runs. The smoke drops and the enemy just moves out of the way before it hits. When it hits, it does little damage but instantly suppresses which is nice. Is it supposed to be better at damaging infantry or is it primarily a suppress attack?

It is mainly supposed to be an anti-tank strafe. I hade many success with the WM close-air support anti-tank strafe. This would be a nice finishing move for taking out a low hp enemy tank.

Well one problem is that the Flakpanzer Coelian was never produced, at the end of the war they had only a wooden mock-up and a couple turrets with no hull.

Same with the infrared Stg44, or the Firefly with tulip rockets. Only a few been built, but they are still in the game. But since this thread is about coming up with new ideas, and giving tips for each other, and pointing out things, let's change the Coelian with

the Kugelblitz (twin 30mm cannon)

or with the Wirbelwind (quad 20mm cannon):

The point is to call in a beefier anti-infantry armor, which is stronger than the Luchs, or the Ostwind.
25 Dec 2015, 18:26 PM

Permanently Banned
The ostwind in scavenge, should of been a wirbelwind. Kugelblitz (while cool) came too late in war. I could see them trying to stick it in spec ops doctrine. Other than that, no.
25 Dec 2015, 19:00 PM

I don't think we should be too worried about call ins being very rare in real life. Not many king Tigers were made or used in combat either but here they are. I like the idea of some sort of flak call in for Luftwaffe, but I would be a little sad if the para drop was lost for flavour reasons. I know they basically never dropped in real life but still, it's cool.
25 Dec 2015, 20:53 PM

cool I guess, OKW tens not to have any vehicle call in units, or if it does its usually a rehashed current unit (command panther)
25 Dec 2015, 21:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Dec 2015, 20:53 PMpugzii
cool I guess, OKW tens not to have any vehicle call in units, or if it does its usually a rehashed current unit (command panther)

OKW has great call in units, it's not the problem. For e.g.: Jagdtiger, Kingtiger, Ostwind, Flammpanzer Hetzer, Command Panther, and the Sturmtiger.

If OKW could call in a Jagdpanther, with other commander, that would be awesome.

25 Dec 2015, 22:17 PM

WIRBLEWIND
26 Dec 2015, 01:24 AM

Same with the infrared Stg44, or the Firefly with tulip rockets. Only a few been built, but they are still in the game.

There's a difference between only a few built, and never built.

The ostwind in scavenge, should of been a wirbelwind. Kugelblitz (while cool) came too late in war. I could see them trying to stick it in spec ops doctrine. Other than that, no.

Agreed with the Wirbelwind, hell the Wirbelwind should have been Ostheer's primary AA Tank, if only because the Mobelwagen cannot be used in an offensive role as AA tanks are in CoH2.

I don't think we should be too worried about call ins being very rare in real life. Not many king Tigers were made or used in combat either but here they are.

Over 400 were made, there were more King Tiger's than there were Comet Tanks.
26 Dec 2015, 04:20 AM

Late War Luftwaffe without Me262 is a big failure.
26 Dec 2015, 04:28 AM

i think the end ability should be completely revamped and falls maybe can use some buff they suck and take 10 popcap (so elite infy)
26 Dec 2015, 04:48 AM

Over 400 were made, there were more King Tiger's than there were Comet Tanks.
Ah yes, I meant Elefant.
26 Dec 2015, 10:46 AM

The Airborne Assault ability could be changed. It's good, but sometimes you just don't need the Fallschirmjager squad. And you can't use it if you're at over ninety population.

And the OKW don't need anti-infantry tanks. They already have the Luchs, which does its job fine.
26 Dec 2015, 13:20 PM

The Airborne Assault ability could be changed. It's good, but sometimes you just don't need the Fallschirmjager squad. And you can't use it if you're at over ninety population.

And the OKW don't need anti-infantry tanks. They already have the Luchs, which does its job fine.

I think it's nonsensical as well. The ability should have a double activation. If you use it once, the cooldown starts on the plane and you can drop the infantry with a second click. If you don't call infantry down before the cooldown finishes you have to use the plane first again.
6 Jan 2016, 17:07 PM

lol a super powerful commander with global airstrike (not 1 but 2), elite infantry call-in, tank call-in, suppression mg call-in...

LOL... talk about fanboism here.

On a realism note, this game isn't about realism. It has degrees of realism but it's about balance and this would definitely upset balance.

Realistically, this change would NEVER occur because lelic wouldn't make any money off of it. They'd rather make a new commander and sell it rather than fix an old one. B4 arty anyone?
They'll fixed an old one if it ends up being OP but adjusting old ones for new ones... nahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Keep dreaming buddy

I'll agree to yours if you give Allies:
DsHK call in
Guards call in (via ambient building)
Upgraded half track call in
Strafing run
Artillery strike

LAWL
6 Jan 2016, 17:19 PM

OKW should be deleted
Designer burn alive.
6 Jan 2016, 17:29 PM

Why changing most used doctrine in 1v1 ???

WHY !

6 Jan 2016, 19:44 PM

Well Buddy, the thing is that the luchs is......weak! AI medium armour? Yes please, you would rather keep those sh!tty emplacements and valiant assault? Really dawg?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 64
unknown 19
United States 21
United Kingdom 18

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %