Login

russian armor

USF Ambulance Weapon Drops

6 Dec 2015, 20:08 PM

Since axis/soviets can upgrade most of their weapons in the field and brits can build a forward assembly. i feel that the USF should have their ambulance aside from acting as a mobile healing and reinforce point to be able to drop weapons in the field similar to the brits supply halftrack commander because that way it reduces travel distance time for the player to get back to and from the front. some maps can be very vast so one can imagine how very mad a USF player can be when they have to go all the way back to the base in order to just pick up weapons.
6 Dec 2015, 20:13 PM

6 Dec 2015, 20:19 PM

and why is that? it would fit in their mobility thing if not.
6 Dec 2015, 20:30 PM

Yes

Now seriously: "Yes, it would fit them a lot. They are based on constantly keeping a pressure on the enemy, unlike Brits whose best moments are, when they're diging in, so being forced to get back to base is painfull. On the other hand, it is a negative side of the fact that you can put double 30cals on riflemen which makes them almost terminator squads."
I only think that medical car carrying weapons would be weird. Maybe give them supply tracks coming every five minutes for free, like OKW originaly had.
6 Dec 2015, 20:35 PM

Permanently Banned
I still don't get it. You get to dual equip any single squad. Soviets and ostheer have to retreat back to base every single time. How is it an issue that american squads need to go back to base every once in a blue moon to dual equip? Hardly an issue considering there are factions that don't live a little bit behind the mid point of the map and can't dual equip like USF.

Wanna retort with upgrading in the field? Well how about soviet and ostheer not getting free squads with tech, and have to build their own tech buildings.

Dumb argument. Going back to base like everyone else is your issue alone.
6 Dec 2015, 20:49 PM

I still don't get it. You get to dual equip any single squad. Soviets and ostheer have to retreat back to base every single time. How is it an issue that american squads need to go back to base every once in a blue moon to dual equip? Hardly an issue considering there are factions that don't live a little bit behind the mid point of the map and can't dual equip like USF.

Wanna retort with upgrading in the field? Well how about soviet and ostheer not getting free squads with tech, and have to build their own tech buildings.

Dumb argument. Going back to base like everyone else is your issue alone.

while everyone else is applying pressure to the enemy i think not plus if not an ambulance make it a halftrack then and non doc.
6 Dec 2015, 20:49 PM

I think it's a great idea.
6 Dec 2015, 20:50 PM

Yes

Now seriously: "Yes, it would fit them a lot. They are based on constantly keeping a pressure on the enemy, unlike Brits whose best moments are, when they're diging in, so being forced to get back to base is painfull. On the other hand, it is a negative side of the fact that you can put double 30cals on riflemen which makes them almost terminator squads."
I only think that medical car carrying weapons would be weird. Maybe give them supply tracks coming every five minutes for free, like OKW originaly had.

being able to build a halftrack non doc would be nice instead of relying on commanders
6 Dec 2015, 20:50 PM

It is a ambulance not a forward HQ.
I don't think it should drop weapons.
6 Dec 2015, 20:51 PM

It is a ambulance not a forward HQ.
I don't think it should drop weapons.

if not that then what? oh btw it needs to be non doc cuz some maps i've seen are pretty fucking big so i better have it non doc and not having to run all the way bak to base and back to the front which can can be pretty fucking far
6 Dec 2015, 21:13 PM

Permanently Banned

while everyone else is applying pressure to the enemy i think not plus if not an ambulance make it a halftrack then and non doc.

Its a L2P issue, sorry.
6 Dec 2015, 21:18 PM

They are already the most ability stacked mainline infantry no need.
6 Dec 2015, 21:18 PM

I always thought that Rear Echelon should have an ability to give weapons they picked up to other player owned squads, it would really suit their role bring up weapons to the front
Of course flamethrower Rear Echelons shouldnt have this ability
6 Dec 2015, 21:47 PM

Its a L2P issue, sorry.

the whole l2p idea is absolutely idiotic! you move us backward instead forward. sure, i know USF has to go all the way back to base to pick up weapons and it's not a problem at the moment but what would happen if it does? but, you know some of the maps are pretty big that USF cant bring in their "mobile" firepower to apply pressure in time. i tell you, you and your axis buddies are all crazy!
6 Dec 2015, 21:51 PM

Permanently Banned

the whole l2p idea is absolutely idiotic! you move us backward instead forward. sure, i know USF has to go all the way back to base to pick up weapons and it's not a problem at the moment but what would happen if it does? but, you know some of the maps are pretty big that USF cant bring in their "mobile" firepower to apply pressure in time. i tell you, you and your axis buddies are all crazy!

So wait? You want USF to be totally independent of ever having to go back to base, along with dual equipping? Can we get the same for soviet and ostheer.
6 Dec 2015, 21:56 PM

So wait? You want USF to be totally independent of ever having to go back to base, along with dual equipping? Can we get the same for soviet and ostheer.

guards or cons can upgrade to ptrs rifles in the field (with commanders) the same goes with ass grens and volks (and they're non doc!) plus running back to base to pick weapons should be considered optional especially when you're apply pressure to the enemy
6 Dec 2015, 21:57 PM

Ambulances carrying guns instead of medicine. What is this, Special forces spy ambulances? Your argument of giving up field presence so you can upgrade is feasible, however, you can dual upgrade and to compensate for the American early aggressive power you are forced to give up some map control. Big deal, you can give the weapons to every unit. Also, if you're having to retreat idle squads to upgrade, you're doing well already, so often when you upgrade is when you have retreated after losing health/models.
6 Dec 2015, 21:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2015, 21:57 PMSwift
Ambulances carrying guns instead of medicine. What is this, Special forces spy ambulances? Your argument of giving up field presence so you can upgrade is feasible, however, you can dual upgrade and to compensate for the American early aggressive power you are forced to give up some map control. Big deal, you can give the weapons to every unit. Also, if you're having to retreat idle squads to upgrade, you're doing well already, so often when you upgrade is when you have retreated after losing health/models.

if not ambulances then what? the other has to be the halftrack its gotta be so it can reduce travel distance time ho yea and make it non doc that way u have to choose between healing or weapon drops
6 Dec 2015, 22:00 PM

USF already have:

- mobile aura healing
- dual equipping
- equipping on every squad
- forward retreat
- self building base structure and vehicle crews, reducing the workload on RE
- generally the best field presence

I don't think forward weapon racks are needed here, escpecially since you only need to upgrade you units once in the whole game.
6 Dec 2015, 22:00 PM
Patrion 14

Its fine how it is at the moment.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 75
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L