Login

russian armor

COunter to Sniper spam/Clown Car Sniper

26 Jun 2013, 17:25 PM

Right...I have been having success vs most Russian Strats up to now, until this shit started.

Basically Soviets will go for a Sniper opening (no conscripts first), then clown cars, and a second sniper....sometimes even up to 3.

Good players will then get some conscripts with AT nades and finally Guards Riflemen...and just use the sniper clown car to kite Germans squads or vehicles into the conscripts/Guards.

I cant get fausts off, and when I do I end up losing almost entire Gren squad. I try to go for scout cars but they just die so fast to ATnades and Guards.

Anybody else face this? Any advice? This is a pain for me right now.
26 Jun 2013, 18:01 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

When you see the first sniper + M3A1 you should instantly tech to T2. Your first upgunned scout car should come before Guards, use it to ensure he can't be over aggressive and get a pak out, it would snipe all the M3s in one shot. Get more scout cars and PanzerGrenadiers and you should be fine.

Remember that the sniper into M3 opening requires the Russian player to invest less into capping units, so his capping power will be lower compared to your 3-4 capping units on the field. Just retreat whenever you see Snipers into M3 till you get the SC on the field, and remember to invest wisely your munitions.

At this point your opponent will most likely go T3/T4, get your T3 up and use the pak and the PGrens with schrecks to cover your PIVs.

In general: remember that due to his limited capping power you should try to focus on capping the map and retreating, after the first minutes you will have more resources than him ;)
26 Jun 2013, 20:46 PM

Thx a lot for response!!

One question...you mention : Spend your munitions wisely...

What in your opinion on best way to spend ? I usually keep them for fausts or get MG42s on my Grens in early game. Is this a good idea?
26 Jun 2013, 22:35 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

I tend to spend them in a defensive way, getting upgrades only when I need them, that's what I meant. (the only exception being the flamer halftrack) This way you will be less times out of munitions.
27 Jun 2013, 14:48 PM

One way to counter this is rushing to t2 building 2 to 3 pious on start and just capping the map. Once u have the scout car out this eliminates the sniper harassment. If your opponent builds 2 m3s, get 2 scout cars. If you already went t1 u should notice the first sniper around the production of your 2nd t1 unit. I try to avoid using MG's vs this strat. Avoid direct confrontation unless you absolutely know you can get a double Faust off without getting kitted. Then get t2 asap n upgrade scout car.
27 Jun 2013, 21:11 PM

One way to counter this is rushing to t2 building 2 to 3 pious on start and just capping the map. Once u have the scout car out this eliminates the sniper harassment. If your opponent builds 2 m3s, get 2 scout cars. If you already went t1 u should notice the first sniper around the production of your 2nd t1 unit. I try to avoid using MG's vs this strat. Avoid direct confrontation unless you absolutely know you can get a double Faust off without getting kitted. Then get t2 asap n upgrade scout car.

Yeah I thought of the Fast T2 strat. I just really like to use T1. I refuse to believe that it is useless.

I think I will go with your second option. Stop at 2 or 3 T1 units ....and tech up as soon as I see Snipers.
27 Jun 2013, 21:59 PM

You must spam grenadiers in early, like 4 squads and keep them together, if you are lucky and you faust Scout Car, then you are just killing it with rest grenadiers, usually killing also sniper while he's on retreat

After that you must go T2 and get HT first just to reinforce your grenadier losses, later get Scout Car and upgrade him to 20mm gun, just to counter future SC's and have a good (but not perfect) long range vehicle to counter Snipers (yea, 20mm has a good range but with poor accuracy)
28 Jun 2013, 07:25 AM

The fast T2 strategy handles this well. Most times when I encounter a M3A1 rush in a the game is over in like ~10 minutes in my favor.

A quick tech up either way seems the answer. Tier 1 really can't handle M3A1s at all.
28 Jun 2013, 12:18 PM

The fast T2 strategy handles this well. Most times when I encounter a M3A1 rush in a the game is over in like ~10 minutes in my favor.

A quick tech up either way seems the answer. Tier 1 really can't handle M3A1s at all.

You can, but you will have to send the grens in from multiple directions (which is tricky because it's at the cost of a lot of grens if it's the sniper car).
2 Jul 2013, 15:46 PM

Yeah I thought of the Fast T2 strat. I just really like to use T1. I refuse to believe that it is useless.

I think I will go with your second option. Stop at 2 or 3 T1 units ....and tech up as soon as I see Snipers.

i also like t1 and here is what i do. might sound dumb but try to hold. get your greens harazing the cars so they keep them busy moving up and down you will loose some units but it has been a ok in my matches (just make sure the sniper fires on the move to get the miss chance). my t1 is usualy 2 hmg 2 greens 1 mortar. then t2 when in t2 make sure to build 2 scout cars. make sure the first is upgraded and waits for the second (un upgraded). then build a halftrack. when the 2 scout cars are done. and if he has 3 snipers thinking that he is getting you. hell get a nice surprise. prepare an atack and suppress his conscrips replace your hmg and greens looses with the halftrack. when the clown cars pop up. you send your 2 scout cars to decimate. the clowns. when they are destroyed he'll retreat his snipers. and you will folow to the hq with 2 scout cars you can get rid of the snipers in the hq while his conscrip is suppresed in the front, so no problems for at nades. this will teach him a lesson of not building snipers against you for the whole match.
5 Jul 2013, 09:22 AM

i also like t1 and here is what i do. might sound dumb but try to hold. get your greens harazing the cars so they keep them busy moving up and down you will loose some units but it has been a ok in my matches (just make sure the sniper fires on the move to get the miss chance). my t1 is usualy 2 hmg 2 greens 1 mortar. then t2 when in t2 make sure to build 2 scout cars. make sure the first is upgraded and waits for the second (un upgraded). then build a halftrack. when the 2 scout cars are done. and if he has 3 snipers thinking that he is getting you. hell get a nice surprise. prepare an atack and suppress his conscrips replace your hmg and greens looses with the halftrack. when the clown cars pop up. you send your 2 scout cars to decimate. the clowns. when they are destroyed he'll retreat his snipers. and you will folow to the hq with 2 scout cars you can get rid of the snipers in the hq while his conscrip is suppresed in the front, so no problems for at nades. this will teach him a lesson of not building snipers against you for the whole match.

Could you point to a replay plese?
8 Jul 2013, 12:46 PM

Could you point to a replay please?

sadly i don't save my replays much, unless they are fun (most of what i said is what i recall from memory). i have improved the tactic a bit and i am in the stage of getting a scout car upgraded and waiting before the clown car hits the ground (i am saving replays trying my new strat but i haven't got any sniper heavy army). ill remember to save it once i find that strat vs me in the future.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★