Login

russian armor

Remove the Weapon Racks from USF, add something else

27 Oct 2015, 23:19 PM

lol yea but they got to run ALL THE WAY back to base in order to do that while axis can do it on the fly. very convenient for axis while a pain in the ass for USF think about that.
Oh please. Axis can only dual-equip if they find a weapon lying on the ground. By the way, allies can pick up dropped weapons, too!
27 Oct 2015, 23:22 PM

Let Rear Echelons build Forward Weapon racks for ~100 manpower.

Problem Solved :banana:
27 Oct 2015, 23:34 PM

One of the reasons I like rifle company
27 Oct 2015, 23:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2015, 23:09 PMTalore
D U A L
U
A
L

E Q U I P P I N G
Q
U
I
P
P
I
N
G

Racks have their upsides and downsides. Also consider that adding up to 3 additional upgrade buttons for every single USF infantry unit would be a nightmare for Relic. Especially true for units like REs if you go Infantry company, as they'd need a second row.

You can afford to send units back to base for weapons. Mass retreats happen in the first place, and if you're able to hold a forward operating base, then you can afford to send single squads back for a paltry amount of time. Tying the need to go back to base with versatility is completely nonsensical.

Above all, don't fix what isn't broken. (Front-facing racks on some maps would be really nice, but that's about it.)

I dunno why people like you are using dual equipping as an argument lol. You realize that your units have a higher chance to drop their weapons when they dual equip? Not the mention 1 panzershreck > 2 bazookas or 1 mg34 is as good if not better than 2 bars. A gren squad can upgrade lmgs for 60 munis. Rifles need 120 munitions just for the bars to be effective. 1 bar boosts the dps of rifles by a very minimal amount that it's almost not even worth it.

The only good thing about the weapons rack is that it's a universal upgrade so that any infantry can grab it... except the only unit worth putting it on is rifles. RE's don't scale well with their vet, Paras already have lmgs and thompsons. Both Paras and Rangers have x4 thompsons for 90 munis. You seriously gonna give them bars or bazookas?

Basically you're an idiot if you equip bars or zooks on anything except rifles or re's. And if you put zooks on rifles you've just gg'ed yourself because they won't do anything against grens with lmgs or obers. It wouldn't be hard just giving RE's a zook upgrade and Rifles a bar/lmg upgrade. So don't exaggerate it like you'd need to put additional upgrades for every single infantry.
27 Oct 2015, 23:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2015, 23:36 PMvarunax

I dunno why people like you are using dual equipping as an argument lol. You realize that your units have a higher chance to drop their weapons when they dual equip? Not the mention 1 panzershreck > 2 bazookas or 1 mg34 is as good if not better than 2 bars. A gren squad can upgrade lmgs for 60 munis. Rifles need 120 munitions just for the bars to be effective. 1 bar boosts the dps of rifles by a very minimal amount that it's almost not even worth it.

The only good thing about the weapons rack is that it's a universal upgrade so that any infantry can grab it... except the only unit worth putting it on is rifles. RE's don't scale well with their vet, Paras already have lmgs and thompsons. Both Paras and Rangers have x4 thompsons for 90 munis. You seriously gonna give them bars or bazookas?

Basically you're an idiot if you equip bars or zooks on anything except rifles or re's. And if you put zooks on rifles you've just gg'ed yourself because they won't do anything against grens with lmgs or obers. It wouldn't be hard just giving RE's a zook upgrade and Rifles a bar/lmg upgrade. So don't exaggerate it like you'd need to put additional upgrades for every single infantry.
Drop rate when dual equipping is negligible. You are significantly underestimating the power of USF weapons. Two bazookas is absolutely better than one panzerschrek, and those arguments are irrelevant in the first place since things like lmg34s are only available to singular, expensive units.

TIL that giving Lieutenants another BAR is bad, that giving Rangers an additional weapon is bad, that giving Captains a replacement zook is bad, that giving REs non-bazooka weapons is bad (they can actually fight in garrisons), that giving marooned vehicle crews bazookas is bad, and that giving Assault Engineers a BAR is bad.

Giving units singular upgrades defeats the actual purpose of USF versatility, and is quite a silly trade just for the ability to pop weapon upgrades in the field.

This is such an incredibly silly argument that I wonder what lengths CoH2 players will go to find something to complain about.
Patrion 14

Sooo, before things heat up too much, keep it classy here gents :)

I dunno why people like you are using dual equipping as an argument lol. You realize that your units have a higher chance to drop their weapons when they dual equip?

rifleman, paratrooper and rear echelon will only drop their weapon if they got killed down to one man.
27 Oct 2015, 23:55 PM

the idea behind US is to make them flexible, which is what weapon racks do

OP doesnt understand
28 Oct 2015, 00:19 AM

the idea behind US is to make them flexible, which is what weapon racks do

OP doesnt understand

bit of an inconvenience if u had to run all the way back to base to do that and then walk all the way back to the front lines again especially if it is REALLY far away. that doesn't feel all that flexible and i'd be fuking frustrated if u ask me
28 Oct 2015, 00:59 AM

Very foolish. Double zook rifles with grenade tech are good at AT, which is all they may need if the rest of your army has an anti-infantry focus.

Giving Assault Engineers a BAR plus flamethrower makes them very deadly.

It's also nice giving LT an extra BAR, as well as as Major.

Lategame most anti infantry dps comes from LMG-because of racks and cheap troops, USF has the highest potential for lategame swarm.
28 Oct 2015, 02:29 AM

Im back to post but this basically sums it up. USF is balanced around double weapon slots such as BARS and Bazookas. Axis units tend to be more balanced towards single weapon upgrades like LMG34, Panzershrek, LMG42. Its comparing apples to oranges.

People are seriously arguing that you should have to retreat all the way back to base, just because you can equip two weapons. What a kindergarden level grade arguement.
28 Oct 2015, 04:15 AM

My face when people think bazookas are better than shrecks.

This thread lol.
28 Oct 2015, 07:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2015, 04:15 AMvarunax
My face when people think bazookas are better than shrecks.

This thread lol.

BUT YOU GET TWO!!!!!

It's laughable really. Axis will fight against any quality of life change for Allies no matter what it is.
28 Oct 2015, 08:18 AM

Inb4 someone mentions UKF special weapons regiment halftruck or forward assembly.
28 Oct 2015, 08:34 AM

I think the kind of flexibility you do get does mean that its a little micro tax for USF but its nice to equip everything on different units.

+ As USF you're pretty much always attacking and retreating units that gets caught in an MG/bad position. So its not something that you go out of the way for. If the Garands were underwhelming, then yes, this would be a problem, but its not, BARs and Zooks aren't really an essential part of USF play, they help a lot, but Garands usually do well enough already.

The only problem I may see is if you have FRP from Major, so maybe give the Major an ability to build racks for BARs and Zooks only, similar to how brits can build forward assembly.
28 Oct 2015, 08:38 AM

The only time this is annoying is when the base isn't rotated properly on the map and you have to run to the far end of your base to grab upgrades.

+1 this is the only issue imo
28 Oct 2015, 09:40 AM

People seriously arguing that dual equipping is viable with this leig meta and ost laser guided mortars/pwerfer. 120 muni on 1 squad that can explode any moment and drop the weapon so op, that's why you see literally everyone dual equip every single rifle squad that never dies with bars or zooks(lol).
28 Oct 2015, 14:54 PM

People seriously arguing that dual equipping is viable with this leig meta and ost laser guided mortars/pwerfer. 120 muni on 1 squad that can explode any moment and drop the weapon so op, that's why you see literally everyone dual equip every single rifle squad that never dies with bars or zooks(lol).

- Its Leig meta but not pack howi meta ?

- Munis on squads that can die on a second happens to all factions. ( hi shreks pgrens )

http://coh2chart.com/

USF 78% win rate, First position, by far, up USF plz.

This bias is strong.
28 Oct 2015, 14:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2015, 14:54 PMBlalord

Its Leig meta but not pack howi meta ?

http://coh2chart.com/

USF 78% win rate, First position, by far, up USF plz.

This bias is strong.

I'd say this has more to do with rifles no longer being murdered mercilessly in mid and late game thanks to vet change then the pack howi itself, but it certainly adds up.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★