Login

russian armor

Comet Vet 1 "White Phosphorus"

21 Oct 2015, 13:08 PM
Patrion 310

I just used it on a King Tiger, seemed to block vision. That said it is super unreliable, I've never had it fire while moving and I would say it only works 20 - 50% of the time when stopped.

I would suggest adjusting the muni cost to probably 30, fix it so it actually works 100% of the time and is fire-able while on the move. That way it can actually be used effectively offensively and defensively instead of a sure way to stop your tank for little effect.

After that the range can probably be adjusted but until the ability fixed, it kinda requires the range so you can safely use it (if it bothers to work at all)
21 Oct 2015, 13:10 PM

I just used it on a King Tiger, seemed to block vision. That said it is super unreliable, I've never had it fire while moving and I would say it only works 20 - 50% of the time when stopped.

I would suggest adjusting the muni cost to probably 30, fix it so it actually works 100% of the time and is fire-able while on the move. That way it can actually be used effectively offensively and defensively instead of a sure way to stop your tank for little effect.

After that the range can probably be adjusted but until the ability fixed, it kinda requires the range so you can safely use it (if it bothers to work at all)

"So you can use it safely" is a Bad balance agrument :o
21 Oct 2015, 13:13 PM
Patrion 310

"So you can use it safely" is a Bad balance agrument :o

Well right now the only way it might work is to stop your tank. Doing that near any kind of at / snare is death to the tank. You can only use it far away if you want your tank to live.

I doubt you have even used the ability at all to know how broken it is trying to get it to work.
21 Oct 2015, 13:20 PM

Well right now the only way it might work is to stop your tank. Doing that near any kind of at / snare is death to the tank. You can only use it far away if you want your tank to live.

I doubt you have even used the ability at all to know how broken it is trying to get it to work.

It's broken that you cant use it on the move, it will get fixed (99%) and on top of that u want the range to be the same?
Edit: my playercard should be visible, you dont need to make assumptions, I dont even have britz Expansion :)
21 Oct 2015, 13:32 PM
Patrion 310

It's broken that you cant use it on the move, it will get fixed (99%) and on top of that u want the range to be the same?
Edit: my playercard should be visible, you dont need to make assumptions, I dont even have britz Expansion :)

GJ with the reading fail

The fact that you have never used it doesn't really put you in a position to comment on its balance because as I said, you have no 1st hand experience of how broken it is trying to get it to fire.

Also since you are claiming its 99% going to be fixed so it can be fired on the move, can you link your source?
21 Oct 2015, 13:50 PM

GJ with the reading fail

The fact that you have never used it doesn't really put you in a position to comment on its balance because as I said, you have no 1st hand experience of how broken it is trying to get it to fire.

Also since you are claiming its 99% going to be fixed so it can be fired on the move, can you link your source?

Hey stuka's flame barrage is buggy atm, Let's buff stuka till they fixed it.
21 Oct 2015, 14:18 PM
Patrion 310

Hey stuka's flame barrage is buggy atm, Let's buff stuka till they fixed it.

Please quote where I suggested to buff it in its current state.
21 Oct 2015, 14:48 PM

Permanently Banned
lol fuckin lelic giving blatantly OP abilities just cuz $$$
21 Oct 2015, 15:19 PM

Please quote where I suggested to buff it in its current state.

Reread everything. Im sorry this got out of Hand, you are mostly right in ur Argumentation but I just wanted to point out that I dislike abilitys which are "Safe to use " because that means little to no counterplay ( which was Referring to the 70 range). Soz man!
21 Oct 2015, 16:22 PM
Donator 11

That ability is super strong in it's current state. The only reason we are not seeing the cries for nerfs is because other UKF tanks are more common and have bigger balance problems. That and the fact it doesn't work half the time when the Comet decides to shoot the ground for no reason.
21 Oct 2015, 16:33 PM

People qq'ing about an "OP" ability that doesn't actually work. How about the fact the TA or KT reliably wipe 6 pounder crews without the need for a vet 1 muni ability?

The comet is more expensive than a tiger when you factor in the fuel sink for tech, lets not nerf it into the ground like the churchill.
21 Oct 2015, 16:43 PM

It's britz it is intended. Just look at the sniper who could kill retreating squads 100%, their wp can crit and thus wipe a squad, centaurs insta gibbing everything, their at gun a pak with a 50% modifier and many more. Check out Cruzz Bugs List, there are so many small things which got taken away from every other faction. Its really obv that brits got Released uber op and it needs another 1-2 Patches of nerfs to bring them inline.

^^^This
21 Oct 2015, 16:45 PM

lol fuckin lelic giving blatantly OP abilities just cuz $$$

^^^Also that
21 Oct 2015, 16:56 PM

Comet is fine as it gets, fast as hell and good AI and AT.
21 Oct 2015, 20:07 PM

Permanently Banned
Wouldnt be too much of an issue if it fired from 50 range, not 70 hahaha. Also the white phosphorus kills arbitrarily? No other white phosphorus does that for a reason. But brits are exempt just cuz? Its like a tank shooting volk incendiary grenade from long range that damages faster, slows and kills the target. For what was it 15 muni? More like a unit deletion shell rather than smoke.
23 Oct 2015, 11:33 AM

Wouldnt be too much of an issue if it fired from 50 range, not 70 hahaha. Also the white phosphorus kills arbitrarily? No other white phosphorus does that for a reason. But brits are exempt just cuz? Its like a tank shooting volk incendiary grenade from long range that damages faster, slows and kills the target. For what was it 15 muni? More like a unit deletion shell rather than smoke.

doesn't kill faster than incendiary ndae (atleast now), but you're right about it. The ability is broken and should be nerfed and made more reliable.
23 Oct 2015, 13:22 PM

I really don't see the abuse here with the Phosphorus rounds.Very rarely, I see people even teching for Comet, majority of the time I see Churchills.
23 Oct 2015, 13:29 PM

I really don't see the abuse here with the Phosphorus rounds.Very rarely, I see people even teching for Comet, majority of the time I see Churchills.

Just wait for patch, then churchill becomes glorified KV-1 and it'll be all about comets and nothing more.
23 Oct 2015, 21:01 PM

The abuse is that they allow the Comet to hard-counter Anti-Tank Guns, by both out ranging them and forcing them to either retreat all the way to HQ to heal, or die.
24 Oct 2015, 00:16 AM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2015, 13:29 PMKatitof

Just wait for patch, then churchill becomes glorified KV-1 and it'll be all about comets and nothing more.

there's nothing necessarily wrong with that sentence other than the KV-1 being bad right now. comets are already the better option in most cases.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★