Login

russian armor

How to help brit early game?

8 Oct 2015, 09:15 AM

+ 2x +

Use them, they exist.
8 Oct 2015, 09:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Oct 2015, 09:12 AMMuxsus

tommies aren't sufficiently powerful without brens to fight, say, lmg obers. Brens are a solution to lategame manpower shortages and taking it away will result in tommies struggling against powerful infantry.

assuming the tommies get a reinforcement cost decrease, they wouldn't need to use lmg spam to defeat stuff like obers.

And really the only troops I can see giving tommies trouble are obers and falls, and those axis troops are suppose to be the best of the best. Tommies are around the level of grenadier individually, which is why I suggest a reinforcement cost of 30-32.
8 Oct 2015, 09:52 AM

^Actually they are much better once in cover and at 5 men (small investment, high return).

More like TurboGrenadiers.
8 Oct 2015, 10:14 AM

Your smurf nickname for the forum is a bit offensive and your posts pure salt on a bleeding wound. What's ur in game account by the way?
8 Oct 2015, 10:27 AM

Permanently Banned

This works in theory. On the field, a few massed volk squads won't be able to defeat the tommies especialy if suported from behind by the sniper. What you said may work with a pfusies "blob" and that blocks you in one doctrine....

Strange, I seem to make it work every single time and I go with the defensive doctrine with the mg34, bunkers and smines etc.
8 Oct 2015, 11:16 AM

+ 2x +

Use them, they exist.

All of which are countered by ISGs. GG.
8 Oct 2015, 11:40 AM

How do u counter sniper as OKW?..make a fast luch?

Does that make u Vulnerable to Centaur rush?
8 Oct 2015, 12:05 PM

use panzerfusillers cause they have a lot of models and their rifles are good counter vs snips.
8 Oct 2015, 12:08 PM

All of which are countered by ISGs. GG.

ISGs, Mortars, etc. Not to mention that the Vickers seems to take an age to pack up (odd for a weapon on a tripod) so it is easy to pick them off with indirect fire or flank them.

I agree with Australian Magic that the Brits can struggle at early game but they have no real mid-game to speak of.
The UC is far too easily destroyed by fausts, HMG fire and any vehicle.
The AEC is a good strong unit against light vehicles but not very effective against infantry and is likely to be appearing just before medium armour.

So Relic are (of course) nerfing the Churchills and Centaur - but this needs to be done with something to make the British mid-game viable.
8 Oct 2015, 12:16 PM

ISGs, Mortars, etc. Not to mention that the Vickers seems to take an age to pack up (odd for a weapon on a tripod) so it is easy to pick them off with indirect fire or flank them.

I agree with Australian Magic that the Brits can struggle at early game but they have no real mid-game to speak of.
The UC is far too easily destroyed by fausts, HMG fire and any vehicle.
The AEC is a good strong unit against light vehicles but not very effective against infantry and is likely to be appearing just before medium armour.

So Relic are (of course) nerfing the Churchills and Centaur - but this needs to be done with something to make the British mid-game viable.

Agreed.
8 Oct 2015, 12:29 PM

Strange, I seem to make it work every single time and I go with the defensive doctrine with the mg34, bunkers and smines etc.

Indeed form me there are only 2 viable doctrines as OKW against brits: fortifications and breaktrough. Maybe special operations to some extent, because you need very strong late game to properly retaliate. But even so, against brits OKW is verry punishing if you made the wrong choices. The units you talked about are not as important as your teching choice. For instance if you start with puma building and he is making emplacements, you have nothing to deal with them.

Further, I am not a fan of investing amo in mines and upgrades for bunkers, the resource income is low, and you will need every amo drop for incendiaries and shrecks, even for lategame arty strykes which are something that OKW is good at. But that's just my opinion.
8 Oct 2015, 12:54 PM

How do u counter sniper as OKW?

puma and snipe snipers with aimed shot :romeoPls:
8 Oct 2015, 12:59 PM

use panzerfusillers cause they have a lot of models and their rifles are good counter vs snips.

Does JLI Viable?i mean they can spawn behind the sniper
8 Oct 2015, 13:00 PM

puma and snipe snipers with aimed shot :romeoPls:

realy?..u can snipe with aimed shot?..need to try that. tnx
8 Oct 2015, 13:00 PM

UC should really get repair at vet0
8 Oct 2015, 13:04 PM

I even posted a rep recently with countering brit sniper in exactly that way.
8 Oct 2015, 13:08 PM

Does JLI Viable?i mean they can spawn behind the sniper

Not really. British sniper is very resistant and if tommies are close they will open fire on your JLIs => you need to instaretreat or lose the squad. I wouldn't advise, unless the sniper is alone situation that you will almost never encounter, except noobs cases.
8 Oct 2015, 13:10 PM

That is something I didn't know. I have to try it myself to believe.
8 Oct 2015, 13:14 PM

I even posted a rep recently with countering brit sniper in exactly that way.

can u link me to ur replay?..i would love to see it. ^_^
8 Oct 2015, 13:15 PM

buff:

tommy reinforcement cost to 30-32
UC HP to 280
wasp cost to 60 mu

tommies arty to 30 range

AEC range to 50 with a cost increase to 320 mp 70 fuel.

Firefly cost to 350mp 125 fuel

vicker cost lowered to 260mp

nerfs:

commandos dps cut by half

churchill and variants hp to 1040-1280 armor to 320

Tulip damage to 2x100, lower cost per use to 60 mu

Bren gun long range dps lowered by 25%, cost lowered to 45 mu.

6 pounder cost raised to 320mp.

I second this. Although I like to see firefly buffed instead of a price decrease. Faster reload and turret rotation.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★